What's new

Manmohan Singh a tragic figure' Washington post

I would go with congress if a third choice- anna hazare, ram dev etc. not there.

but if susma, jaitly etc are candidates I think will go with bjp.

so what I get from your answer is that if a third option like Ramdev or Anna hazare is there you would leave out Rahgul gandhi.honestly i wasnt expectng that since you menation Rahul gandhi as your preferred candidate. Moreover am surprised again that you prefer Arun jaitley and Sushma swaraj over Narendra Modi.:blink:

anyways my point is giving rahul gandhi a chance measn givnf Congress another five years.period. Rahul if you consider is a nice man then MMS is no less..but thats not how congress works...and we've seen that in thelast 10 years. i would happily vote BJP if their candidate is either Nitish or Narendra Modi.

564710_430536930330029_1681543338_n.jpg

Democracy was introduced pretty early in our country, which actually backfired. We should have had the presidential rule for 20 years, simultaneously putting emphasis on economy, education and awareness. Then they should have introduced democracy, so that common man could assess the right candidate and cast vote.

Whats the pride in being known as the biggest democracy in the world, when the democracy itself is taking us backward.

An eligibility test should be conducted to make sure "right to vote" isnt misused.

Democracy was introduced pretty early in our country, which actually backfired. We should have had the presidential rule for 20 years, simultaneously putting emphasis on economy, education and awareness. Then they should have introduced democracy, so that common man could assess the right candidate and cast vote.

Whats the pride in being known as the biggest democracy in the world, when the democracy itself is taking us backward.

An eligibility test should be conducted to make sure "right to vote" isnt misused.

How did Sri Lanka have better HDI figures than us, when following democracy but also fighting a civil war at the same time?

Because they were nationalistic in nature and didn't misuse democracy to divide and rule the people. And please dont compare Srilanka and India considering the landmass, different type of religions, languages, castes prevailing in our country. First thing to do is remove all the caste based reservation from our system and instead introduce reservation based on economical status.
How did Sri Lanka have better HDI figures than us, when following democracy but also fighting a civil war at the same time?

MMS may have had noble intentions when he enetered into politics. But politics in India is such a quagmire.. it just sucks you in. Best thing would have been for him to raise it's hands & admit that he can't bring any meaningful changes to the system... that would have been a better achievement than the one he achieved in early 90s when he was the FM. Too late now. He is just one of them..

Moreover am surprised again that you prefer Arun jaitley and Sushma swaraj over Narendra Modi.:blink:

anyways my point is giving rahul gandhi a chance measn givnf Congress another five years.period. Rahul if you consider is a nice man then MMS is no less..but thats not how congress works...and we've seen that in thelast 10 years. i would happily vote BJP if their candidate is either Nitish or Narendra Modi.
truth be told, if you look at the mathematics of seats in lok sabha, NDA will have to bring in a non-controversial leader. in order for them to have a stable (read maximum number of seats in LS) govt. they will need Nitish to be the PM.
I wish NaMo would become PM, but then NDA won't have enough allies to make a stable govt. The numbers unfortunately are against NaMo being PM.
Perhaps BJP can give him a significant portfolio of ministries??

^^^ I second what Abhi wrote above.

This time I'll not vote for congress and persuade all my near and dear one to vote against congress. As far as PM candidate is concerned Rahul neither deserve or capable to lead. NItish he might be happy with in Bihar, Modi very little hope unless BJP get full majority so chances are very bleak, He'll face opposition with in BJP let alone NDA.

BJP do not have too many chioces and faces to sell .....Advani (no hope), Jetly plausible..Susma may be but I do not like her ...more ??????

LOL truth ..but ironic

pic attached for easy reference. granted these are estimates, but not too far from the truth.

ohomK.png

truth be told, if you look at the mathematics of seats in lok sabha, NDA will have to bring in a non-controversial leader. in order for them to have a stable (read maximum number of seats in LS) govt. they will need Nitish to be the PM.
I wish NaMo would become PM, but then NDA won't have enough allies to make a stable govt. The numbers unfortunately are against NaMo being PM.
Perhaps BJP can give him a significant portfolio of ministries??

And thats why in the last line I said either Nitish or Modi. Its definitely a tough call, but looking the at the controversies surrounding Modi, Nitish seems a better option. I too wish Modi as thenext PM.

What is fuss about.

A gora writing in Washington Post against Indian PM.

A gora telling the truth about Indian PM in a foreign newspaper.

Indian political leaders from opposition telling Indians, oh we told you so.

Corruption coming again to the fore - nothing new really.

The Congress oriented and BJP oriented posters here expressing their opinions.

Please don't tell us here - oh you won't understand, its democracy. wow it is isn't it.

What is the fuss about - really!

Indians losing their pride in world largest democracy facade - which cannot feed and sanitize its own people? Good to see some disillusioned indians on this forum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom