Manipur's Mohammad Ismat tops Indian CBSE exam with 99% marks

Big Boss

BANNED
Reaction score
Manipur's Mohammad Ismat tops Indian CBSE exam with 99% marks

2805-3-Md-Ismet-300x200.jpg

cbse_topper_sot_338x225.jpg

Md-Ismat_20120529.jpg

Imphal, May 28 2012: A Meitei Pangal (Manipuri Muslim) boy, who faced acute financial difficulties during his early school days, has topped this year's AISSCE (CBSE, Class XII) examination from an Imphal academy stunning the best schools of the country.

Scoring a magic 99.6 percentage, 21-year-old Mohammad Ismat secured 100 marks each in Mathematics, Chemistry, Home Science and Fine Arts and 97 pc in Physics and 98 pc in English for which results were declared today.

With his stunning score, Ismat has now become the first student in the entire North East to top the AISSCE examination.

"Impossible is not in my mind and I have the strong conviction that everything is possible when a man is determined.

And it is this belief which helped me in my examination," a jubilant Ismat told this reporter minutes after the results were declared.

A resident of Muslim dominated Lilong Haoreibi village in Thoubal district, Ismat, the only boy and youngest of seven siblings, began his primary education in a local English school before switching over to Kendriya Vidyalaya at Imphal where he studied up to Class VIII.

Son of Mv Bashirur Rahman, a Government primary school teacher, Ismat then joined Sainik School Imphal from where he scored 94.2 pc in the Class X CBSE examination.

"After passing my Class X examination I thought of studying in some schools in Imphal considered to be among the best ones in Manipur but I could not because of the acute financial difficulties faced by my families," he recalled.

"All was not lost as Sir SM Singh the management secretary of Zenith Academy, Imphal accepted my request to study in the school at the barest fees and with his kind guidance and advice I have come out with flying colors," he said.

Besides scripting history in the entire North East, Ismat is now looking forward to set another record in the UPSC-conducted civil services exams.

" I'm planning to study at St Stephens , New Delhi and work hard to top the civil services exams," Ismat , who treats books as his best friends, said.

"My happiness knew no bounds.

My son Ismat has done it and I think he would definitely become a leader to guide thousands of poor students to become great personalities," an emotional Bashirur Rahman said.

Echoing Rahman , All Manipur Muslim Girl Students' Union president Ruksher Chowdhuri said Ismat's extraordinary feat will prove to be a booster to economically deprived students of the State.

MLA from Heingang AC, N Biren has announced that he would be extending monetary assistance of Rs 20,000 to Md Ismat as a token of encouragement and appreciation.

The Manipur State Minorities Commission has extended heartiest congratulation to Md Ismat s/o Md Basirul Rahaman and (L) Shahidan, of Lilong Haoreibi Mayai Leikai, Thoubal district for bringing laurel to the State by occupying the top in the Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate exam 2012 conducted by the CBSE in Science stream.

A meeting of the Commission held today also decided to extend possible assistance to Ismat in his future endeavour.

Ismat secured cent percent mark in Maths, Chemistry, and Home Science with an aggregate of 99.6 percent.

http://e-pao.net/GP.asp?src=14..290512.may12

Manipur boy fights poverty to top CBSE exams - Sevensisters Post

Manipur boy on top of world, does N-E proud - The Times of India

Manipuri boy tops CBSE class XII exams - The Times of India

He have thanked Almighty Allah, his family and his teacher SM Singh for it.

Now, he want to serve the nation as a All India Civil Servant.

Best of luck for the future :tup:

I had a muslim friend called arif.he used to be better than me in studies .after 7th he joined his fathers shop ..he got married when i was in my puc study ..i continued my study and now am a govt engineer ..while i am still a bachelor he is father of three ..a good talent wasted .. Off topic but it was the first thing came to my mind when i read the news

Off Topic posted here,just becoz a muslim topped the exam it came on PDF.

Back
Top Bottom