What's new

Man sentenced to death for blasphemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the fun bit. You cannot give evidence about what he/she said without committing blasphemy yourself.

Actually you are not right. A summary of a Hadith is that the " conclusion of a deed rests upon its intention", so when a witness is repeating what a supposed culprit said, the witness's intentions are pretty obvious and not considered blasphemy. Fell free to check up on it.

ok, so why punish all other 'non religious' criminals too??, ofcourse man, the blasphemers are harmful to the society, as they are committing obvious crime, will a racist guy speaking of racism be arrested?? same is case with blasphemy

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

This is the most stupid analogy I have ever come across. Racism is personal. Its an insult to an actual person. And people need such protection to avoid mental and physical abuses. I doubt your intellect for claiming God would need such a protection.

every man is resposable for his own actions if you cross the red line it will happen to you

We can be sure that they will be punished by God after this life, but there is no such thing mentioned in the Quran or authentic Islamic sources that mentions that the person blaspheming must be killed as for blaspheming.

Since you are talking facts............................. let me ask you this.
Why is your God against free will? And why would he punish someone in after life for blasphemy?
Why did He have Moses command his brother Aron to have men from the tribe of Levi( who were fierce fighters amongst them) slaughter 3k jews who merely made a Cow from gold to worship Him symbolically.
Why do you disagree with a worldly punishment but are ok with a hereafter punishment for blasphemers and the kuffar?

Actually you are not right. A summary of a Hadith is that the " conclusion of a deed rests upon its intention", so when a witness is repeating what a supposed culprit said, the witness's intentions are pretty obvious and not considered blasphemy. Fell free to check up on it.
Bro ,he is just being a wise .................... typical haters of Prophet.s.a w leave no opportunity out.

Quit posting stuff from hadith books. They're not the word of God. And stop misinterpreting the Quran.

Funny thing is that Quran is also really Hadith. LOL................. I mean, who gave it to you? The prophet? or did Gabe personally emailed you a copy?

You mean Quran is man made? Created?

The statement was more in response to the genius who totally discards hadith.
I am merely raising a point.
Perhaps quran should also be discarded. Unless the genius can prove to me with "physical" evidence that it
authentic.
By his definition prophet, it seems was just a naukar/gopher who did nothing more than pass out hand bills from above.

I hate this blasphemy law .Seriously reading these replies makes me weep no wonder pakistan is so messed up so much eagerness for the punishment and killing part but none for the compassionate side you guys have no humanity and no knowledge of islam or the life of the prophet(pbuh)
you fools did you even think why he was called a MERCY FOR ALL MANKIND ??? he never practised such things I'm sure if he were alive today you people would be the ones he would be disgusted at are so willing to kill someone in a f uckin text message ? the prophet(pbuh)himself forgave people who killed his family,stoned him,chased him out of town,insulted him and threw garbage on him -I doubt he'd be so violent and weak to kill somebody over sending a hate message against him .
Are you guys so savage that if islam is criticized you can't combat it through debate instead of kill them and say it's islam and "thats the law" whats wrong with you ???? don't act as his guardian his reputation is strong enough to withstand mere words he does not need you to support murder in his name how dare you blacken his noble legacy !

I have posted these accounts before for you blasphemy law lovers maybe you will gain some humanity .I hope you learn from his example !

mercy and forgiveness is clearly demonstrated in the fact that the Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, never took revenge on anyone for personal reasons and always forgave even his staunch enemies. Aisha said that the Prophet never took revenge on his own behalf on anyone. She also said that he never returned evil for evil, but he would forgive and pardon.

An instance of his compassion was that he called on his Lord and made a compact with Him saying, "If ever I curse a man or make an invocation against him, make it zakat for him and mercy, prayer, purification and an act of drawing-near by which he will draw near to you on the Day of Rising.”

When his people rejected him, Jibril came to him and said, "Allah has heard what your people say to you and how they reject you. He has ordered the angels of the mountains to obey whatever you tell them to do." The angel of the mountains called him, greeted him and said, "Send me to do what you wish. If you wish, I will crush them between the two mountains of Makka." The Prophet said, "Rather, I hope that Allah will bring forth from their loins those who will worship Allah alone and not associate anything with Him.”

The prisoners of war taken captive at the battle of Badr were amongst his bitterest enemies. Nevertheless, he made sure that they were given the best of treatment. Among them was Suhayl bin 'Amr who was a fiery speaker and was denouncing the Prophet . 'Umar one the Prophet’s closest companions, suggested that two of his lower teeth be pulled out so that he might not be so vile in his speeches. The Prophet replied: “Were I to do this, Allah would disfigure me on the Day of Judgement, despite the fact that I am His messenger.”

In Makkah, his people inflicted him with every kind of suffering, eventually forcing him to emigrate to Madinah, and then waged war on him for five years. However, when he conquered Makkah without bloodshed in the twenty-first year of his Prophethood, he asked the Makkan unbelievers who were awaiting his decision about them: “How do you expect me to treat you?” They responded unanimously: "You are a noble one, the son of a noble one." He announced to them his decision:

“You may go free! No reproach this day shall be on you; may God forgive you.”

Prophet Muhammad extended his pardon to his bitterest enemies, who tried to expel him and his companions not only from his native land, but also from his last resort, Madinah. This ability of the Prophet to pardon is vividly illustrated in his precepts and principles. He said: ‘Moses, son of Imran, once asked:

“0 my Lord!Who is the most honorable of your servants to You?” He said: ‘He who pardons when he becomes powerful’” (Rahman, the encyclopaedia of Seerah, Vol. VIII, p178). Prophet Muhammad’s Teachings and Practice on Forgiveness. The Prophet practiced in his ordinary daily life what he taught to his people. According to ‘A’ishah, the Prophet never returned evil for evil, but would forgive and pardon (Tirmidhi, 2016). Regarding the words of Allah Most High: “Repel evil with what is better” (Qur’an, 4 1:34).

“A Jewish woman brought a poisoned lamb to the Prophet, and he ate of it. When the woman was brought to him, people suggested, ‘Shall we kill her?’ The Prophet said, ‘No.’ I have recognized the effects of that poisoning in the Prophet’s throat ever since

Once the Meccans sent a spy to kill the Prophet. He was caught and brought to the Prophet. He was very frightened, but the Prophet told him not to fear saying: “Even if you want to kill me, you will not be able to.” Then he was pardoned by the Prophet and set free.

There are accounts of how the Prophet was kind even to those who persecuted him. There was the well-known case of the old Jewish woman who used to throw garbage on him every time he passed by her window. One day, when there was no garbage, he went up to inquire about her welfare. She was immensely touched and became his devout follower.

Safwan ibn Umayyah, one of the chiefs of Makkah, was also a great enemy of Muhammad r and Islam. He promised a reward to Umair ibn Wahab if he managed to kill Muhammad . When Makkah was conquered, Safwan ran away to Jeddah in the hope of finding a berth that would take him to Yemen by sea. Umair ibn Wahab t came to Muhammad r and said, “O Messenger of God! Safwan ibn Umayyah, a chief of his tribe, has run away from fear of what you might do to him and threatens to cast himself into the sea.” The Prophet(pbuh) sent him a guarantee of protection and, when he returned, he requested Muhammad r to give him two months to come to a decision. He was given four months, after which he became a Muslim by his own will.

I'm not supporting blasphemy but killing someone for saying something against islam is way too harsh it's weak and pathetic.
WHO'S EXAMPLE WOULD YOU RATHER FOLLOW SOME ISLAMIC SCHOLAR OR THE PROPHET HIMSELF ??????

YOU ARE TAINTING BOTH PAKISTAN AND ISLAM !

see, whether asia bibi, or any muslim, the law is equal, but crazy people like salman taseer shaheed :laugh: start to bad name pakistan, being pakistani this is the most disgraceful deed :disagree:

and also we dont need to bring every blashphemy case in this forum, forgod sake its not forum for lawyers or judges :disagree:

On the contrary this law is a disgrace to Pakistan and makes us all look like rondhu bachay. People should be allowed to say anything, it doesn't make what they are saying true.

Also I would like to see what was the content he wrote. If he said something like my religion is better than yours, yeh chawal log phir bhi taang dete hain.

Blasphemy the draconian law, It has killed many human since centuries....
Witch hunting, Sati, Pap-Mukti, Punishment against faith are some medieval laws which killed million of people..
Unfortunate to see that such law exist in Modern (so called) world, when spacecrafts are landing moon , ppl are using medival law...

Pakistan must abolish blasphamy law and impose freedom of expression...

This is the most stupid analogy I have ever come across. Racism is personal. Its an insult to an actual person. And people need such protection to avoid mental and physical abuses. I doubt your intellect for claiming God would need such a protection.

dude u find it stupid because you are thinking stupidly, the racist remarks are not just meant for the person but his entire race, just like religion is very personal and by hitting it, the guy hits on complete category of people involved with such religion

So,in that case the atheist or a pagan for example will be limited to practicing what he does,in his drawing room only.If he tries to propagate his idea,then it is directly against the values of Islam.So,it is blasphemy right?
Just trying to understand the limit and scope of the law here.

islam is a true religion so nobody can propagate its religion except islam, btw i have been listening to story of white missionaries 'spreading' their religion through money and bribes to poor indians

and he forgot to expose himself, how corrupt and fraud he was :disagree:, everybody must correct himself before correcting others, what he did was to divide pakistanis, and he was not going against mullahs, one thing he should have done to bring those land reforms, so that feudals dont make pakistani a slave, but did he do anything in punjab to abolish that feudal system?? no, he went for something he can gain as must shame for pakistan :disagree:

he owns a bmw while normal people in punjab are dieing of hunger, did he do anything about that :disagree:

the religious laws was nothing of his concern, he was not a minister of religious affairs, he was not a member of islamic ideology council, punjab and its poor condition of punjabis was, he didnt do what he was supposed to do

btw, i think blasphemy laws is as much applicable for allah and prophet muhammad(pbuh) as it is for hazrat isa(as) jesus christ, so i think if any muslim does blasphemy for jesus christ, he will be eually prosecuted

why just bias for muslims. if there are laws they should treat everyone equally irrespective of religon. If a muslim says something bad about hinduism or say jews they should also be given death penalty then. Aint this makes Pakistan a hypocritic self proclamied better than others society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom