What's new

Man grows 1,360-acre forest in India...by himself

The EU could give him carbon credits which will help him expand his hobby into more areas.

Growing green is a necessity of the coming ages.

There exists farm habits of burning grasslands in arid areas (esp in south) which needs to be curbed.

For example in foothills of western ghats near rain-shadow regions of south tamilnadu farmers burn the grass and shrubs in mountain slops.

Did he grow this in the subtropics? If so that is a great achievement and something Pakistan should replicate.Tbh growing in arid land is also possible like what Israel is doing, we just need the goverment to invest.

The dude even looks like a hero - humble, honest looking no pretension and b.s

I salute the man, hope to hear more news of people like him in India.

Thats great :)
I had planted 3 trees till now, and this guy had planted 1360 acres of forest... :woot:
I think my eyes work well :P
Hats off to this guy :tup:

I have a doubt .. 1000 acre is too small for tigers is nt it ?

This guy is awesome. His land should be protected and perhaps used for small scale eco-tourism (if he wants that).

Awesome stuff, if more people like him around the world did this, the world would be a better place, I hope the Government of India and people help him continue his great work, it's obviously a labor of love.

It is a great feat. And I am happy that all the flags have shown respect to this noble soul who is not educated like us, but more civilized than all of us.

My grandfather who is now 84, has also raised a half an acre of land as a small forest. He has done it on his own. He start his day by cycling to my native village (4 KM away), take care of the small space like his child, and water them manually when they were small.

Once, one 10 feet tree was broken from middle, he just bandaged it like a broken arm with support and now that is a more than a 100 feet teak tree.

Such people, are so engrossed with tree. Some time neighbor ask him to plant a tree....it guarantees its success.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom