What's new

Man fined, jailed over second marriage without first wife’s permission

I get the points made by both side ... but the constitution has so many flaws in it anyways. This is all patchwork of sorts to avoid radical reforms that do not favour the powerful.

Q: If the legal option for Khula is open, then why close this option for man? I get the 'it is logical and Islam is logical' argument, but isn't it logical for the woman to apply for khula if her husband wants to marry another and she doesn't agree? And then, isn't it logical for man to divorce the 1st wife first if she doesn't agree to 2nd?

In our society and in many families the man giving divorce is really frowned upon and the same kind of pressure is on women too who want out. Man ends up marrying another and goes to jail, and the woman murders 17 and goes to jail!! Our society is messed up in so many ways and this is one, and then we have legislators who think that such a law can fix this backward jahil social pressure sickness. If a couple can't get on and can't make it work themselves, respect that and let them part ways instead of doing what we are all witnessing.

Older generation with their warped mindset imposing cultural norms (discarding religion) and the same older generation legislating!

@Sher Shah Awan

@war&peace @PakSword @El Sidd

Some people justify that a man marries for the second time out of lust.. and he beats his first wife and doesn't give rights to her and his children from her.

Men who know themselves know quite well that lust is part of the first marriage as well. Those women who think that the second marriage is out of lust should know that she is with him because there is lust involved.

No man (or may be most of them) want to marry an ugly divorced/ widow older woman having 10 children just to support her. Men as I know, prefer young beautiful unmarried ladies. Is it not the lust?

Man will remain the man.. feminists try that a man forgets his basic instincts and start behaving differently. This will not happen.

And this problem is not a big problem in Pakistan.. How many men have we seen in our lives who have married twice (forget about three or four wives).

More than that, the problem is that more men go to Heera Mandi and do Haraam things than those who marry. These women are fine with that because they don't know about it.. and even when they know, they still try to remain with them because they know no one will marry them once they are divorced. They are fine when they know that the man has wasted an awful lot of money in Heera Mandi.. but they are not fine when a man marries legally and gives equal rights to everyone..

Anyway, fact of the matter is that, one out of maybe 1000 people do second marriage, and more than one do Haraam things as I have noticed. And this is applicable in Western countries as well, where men and women prefer to live without marriage or even if they are married, they have illegitimate relations and the ratio is quite high than the ratio of second marriage in our country.

More than that, I am astonished to see that if a man/ woman is found to be unfaithful, there is no punishment in the west, but a man who has married legally and registered his marriage in Pakistan without the permission of the first wife is punished with fine or imprisonment, or both..

Me to mast so raha tha yad nahi raha

Yaar I don't think you sleep..

If I access to the data of this website, I would have calculated the maximum time between your two posts since the day you have joined this forum.. I am sure, it must be less than 3 hours..

You are a gay jinn yourself..

Yaar I don't think you sleep..

If I access to the data of this website, I would have calculated the maximum time between your two posts since the day you have joined this forum.. I am sure, it must be less than 3 hours..

You are a gay jinn yourself..

Now you know why men die young and in numbers more than women

Hona chaiye.

Ajtak mene to nahi suna kay kisi marad ne lassi bana kr pilai ho

Biwi agar zabardasti lassi bana kar pilaey tou mard ko chahiey pehlay woh lassi apni billi ko pilaey.. phir 30 mins wait karay.. phir piey..

Because I know, peeni uss ne hai.. kyun ke biwi apni wali pe jab aati hai tou woh kaam karna parta hai...

Biwi agar zabardasti lassi bana kar pilaey tou mard ko chahiey pehlay woh lassi apni billi ko pilaey.. phir 30 mins wait karay.. phir piey..

Because I know, peeni uss ne hai.. kyun ke biwi apni wali pe jab aati hai tou woh kaam karna parta hai...

Lo yaani ab marriage counseling bhi karo or animal rights activist bhi.

Marriage counselling ka koi faida nahi hota.. Animal rights activism se kuch na kuchh baramad hojaega in shaa Allah..

To phir forun gadhon kay huqooq ujagar karne ki zarorat hai.

Khoton ki

To phir forun gadhon kay huqooq ujagar karne ki zarorat hai.

Khoton ki

Abb koi faida nahi.. ziada tar khotay qeemay walay naan main daal kar khaa gaey.. aur unn ki khaal China bhej di..

Muhammad Peace be upon him married Khadija May ALLAH be pleased with her, when he was 25 years old. The marriage lasted 25 years and throughout this relation it was monogamous ........ and they two had six children together.

Main points to note for the stubborn headed extremist mullahs

• Khadija was a widow with children at that time and older than Muhammad Peace be upon him
  • Khadija sent a proposal to Muhammad Peace be upon him after witnessing his honesty, truthfulness and success in handling her business
  • Khadija was known as Ameerat-Quraysh (Princess of Quraysh), Muhammad initially showed reluctance but when he was assured that Khadija is financially stable and could take care of herself he agreed.
  • Ali Ibn Talib was also amongst other children who were being raised in their house
The virgin argument and keeping women chained in houses ..... well.

Muhammad Peace be upon married Ayesha May ALLAH be pleased with her, at the time when He peace be upon him had no one to take care of his household, because nearly all the other women he married were widows and elderly. Ayesha on her own will presented herself to share the burden of Muhammad Peace be upon him. Those were the times when numbers of believers was picking pace and most of Muhammad's peace be upon him time was spent training and educating those people. These newly converted people included a significant number of women who also needed education about Islam, and Ayesha at that time took this responsibility to educate those women ....... and no she wasn't 9 years old contrary to some ignorant shameless hearsay reporting that, she was minimum 19 years old and according to some accounts she was already a widow and aged 42 years. However, this much is confirmed that she was already engaged when she wished to marry Muhammad Peace be upon him for the sake of sharing the burden and duties. And her intelligence proved that she was the best person for that role. There are no accounts to confirm if Muhammad and Ayesha had any children together.

Kuch khauf kar molvi ............ virgin aurto say shadia richanay ka koi aur bahana dhoond.

I have no logic to argue with well wisher and savior of virgin women .......... for me its the perverted mentality high on curiosity hormone. No wonder children get sexually abused in places like madressa. I won't blame you because the material you read and consult is full of this.

Every permission in Islam is conditional ......... I think you haven't understood the phrase "Aur hud say guzar jany walo may say hargiz na ho jana" (don't be the people who transgress and cross limits) ........ repeated again and again in Quran. But again who am I trying to fool, if you had your way, you would implement Qital and argue its permission is not conditional.

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ‎‎

You think ................ buddy most probably you have no idea of how a parallel religion to Islam, guised as Islam was raised and propagated, and how most of the Muslims strictly believe in that ridiculous illogical religion ......... despite Quran being present in their homes.

My excuse is just treatment for every human including women ......... what is your excuse? stubbornness?

I can just wish that you and others like you don't propagate these ideas on social media sites and in real life, not that I am afraid this brings bad name to Muslims or Islam ......... just that this thinking scares away the people who are looking for true message of Islam.
I read you whole post...normally they contain something thought provoking even if not correct...but this one looks more like you had some sort of episode.. well
My question is why are you trying to make the religion difficult when it is simple? And funny rather ironic that Mr "logical" ..you haven't given a relevant reference or logic... just put some cherry picked irrelevant references in support of your biased opinion..why don't you open your mind and embrace Islam in its entirety?
The bayyinah cannot be modified for you and Islam does not need you, rather you need it.

My question is why are you trying to make the religion difficult when it is simple?

Why you wish to hide it from your first wife? Is that simple when you bring a new virgin wife to your home and your first wife comes to know about it from someone else? Your children are left wondering what happened to our loving and caring father .......... Or is this more open and simple that you tell her on her face what you wish for, you ask your children how would they feel, if they see you with another woman? (You here doesn't mean you as a person but a general reference to people who are opposing the idea of seeking permission).

A simple reason for polygamy is beyond you people, you think Islam is only for males, their problems and urges, and their unlimited freedom of action ........ Islam is not limited to some rituals you perform everyday, Islam is here to make humans civilised and their societies healthy prosperous and just. You are out with your haram fatwa guns supporting people who think one wife is not enough for them in these times and they need to sleep with another one. And interestingly both of you happen to be single males.

you haven't given a relevant reference or logic

I am married ......... healthy ALHAMDOLILA, potent and have children, I do get attracted to women like any other normal male ......but I have zero intention of marrying a virgin girl in current situation ..... only if someday there is a situation where I need to take three more women in my nikah to safeguard them I will tell my wife why is it necessary and why its my religious duty ..... is this enough to prove my logic?

why don't you open your mind and embrace Islam in its entirety?

Okay convince me ........... and please keep this haram shooting gun aside. Lets see.

Back
Top Bottom