What's new

MALDIVES SUPPORTING INDIA AT OIC!

Mad Scientist 2.0

Reaction score
Country
India
Maldives Thwarts Pak Attempts To Single Out India On Islamophobia At OIC Meet
Maldives defended India when Pakistan reportedly made attempts to push its narrative of rising Islamophobia in India into the agenda at the OIC meet
Written By
Brigitte Fernandes
'Nation stands in solidarity', says PM Modi assures Centre's full support to WB & Odisha

Maldives Permanent representative to the United Nations, Thilmeeza Hussain taking a dig at the Pakistan propaganda against India said alleging Islamophobia in the context of India would be factually incorrect as the country is home to over 200 million Muslims. She further said disinformation campaigns on social media should not be construed as representative of the feelings of 1.3 billion.

"Let me state that singling out India, the largest democracy in the world and multi-cultural society and home to over 200 million Muslims, alleging Islamophobia would be factually incorrect," she said. "Isolated statements by motivated people and disinformation campaigns on social media should not be construed as representative of the feelings of 1.3 billion".

READ | RBI's decision in line with PM Modi's vision, will keep economy strong: JP Nadda

The Maldives representative further said that the allegation of Islamophobia could be harmful to the religious harmony in the South Asian region as Islam has existed in India for centuries and it is the second-largest religion in the country. "It would be detrimental to the religious harmony in the South Asian region. Islam has existed in India for centuries and it is the second-largest religion in India, with 14.2% of the country's population," she added.

"The world has seen an alarming rise in the culture of hatred, prejudice and racism. Violence has been exploited as a tool to promote political and other ideologies/ agendas. The Maldives stands firmly against such actions anywhere in the world, including Islamophobia, xenophobia or any form of violence to promote political or any other agenda", Thilmeeza Hussain said.

"Maldives cannot support any action within the OIC that singles-out or targets India," she added.

READ | No time for showmanship, Opposition wants PM Modi to consult them: Sharad Pawar

India and Maldives share friendly and multi-dimensional relations and have attended several important events of each other country. India was among the first to recognize the Maldives after its independence in 1965 and to establish diplomatic relations with the country.

READ | Karachi Plane Crash: PM Modi expresses grief over lives lost, prays for those injured
@Joe Shearer @ChennaiDude @Mangus Ortus Novem @SecularNationalist @Foxtrot Delta @xeuss @AfrazulMandal

World works on realpolitik, some of that may align with YOUR expectations, some may not.

"Let me state that singling out India, the largest democracy in the world and multi-cultural society and home to over 200 million Muslims, alleging Islamophobia would be factually incorrect," she said. "Isolated statements by motivated people and disinformation campaigns on social media should not be construed as representative of the feelings of 1.3 billion".

So the first bit is saying: my mate who you're accusing of xenophobia is mates with literally LOADS of foreigners so my mate can't possibly be xenophobic. Hitler was mates with loads of Jews yknow so he can't be antisemitic.

The second bit of her statement is saying: the silent majority doesn't need to speak up and condemn the vocal minority because I believe the silent majority exists, in silence, hence I will vouch for them personally.

Delhi Clown College seems to have opened an overseas branch.

So the first bit is saying: my mate who you're accusing of xenophobia is mates with literally LOADS of foreigners so my mate can't possibly be xenophobic. Hitler was mates with loads of Jews yknow so he can't be antisemitic.

The second bit of her statement is saying: the silent majority doesn't need to speak up and condemn the vocal minority because I believe the silent majority exists, in silence, hence I will vouch for them personally.

Delhi Clown College seems to have opened an overseas branch.
This can also be attributed to the fact that they are fully dependent upon India on every sphere like in case of Bhutan.So maybe that is why.

Let them take indian side all they want. When these indians create trouble for Maldives they will come to their senses.

Islamophobia is real in India.

New Delhi: Pakistan faced a massive snub by member countries of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) after its effort to highlight the alleged “plight” of Kashmiris and “rising Islamophobia” was rejected by the United Arab Emirates (UAE), which was chairing the virtual meeting of the permanent representatives (PR) of OIC member states that took place on 19 May.

Pakistan’s PR to OIC, Munir Khan, wanted to form a “small informal working group” to take collective action against India at the United Nations in wake of the “rising” Islamophobia in India.

However, UAE rejected this demand of Pakistan and stated that forming of any new working group will only happen after it has been approved by all the foreign ministers of OIC member countries. Maldives, too, came out strongly against Pakistan’s move and rejected the idea of “any country specific statements”.

A dejected Khan, according to official documents accessed by The Sunday Guardian, after receiving the snubbing, stated that “it seems India has a veto (power) in OIC”.

The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, which is headquartered in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, is a major pressure group that has 57 Muslim-majority countries as members with a permanent delegation in the UN and European Union. It is regarded as the “the collective voice of the Muslim world” which “safeguards and protects the interests of the Muslim world’ while promoting international peace and harmony”.

India, for long, has been seeking OIC’s membership on the ground that it is the country with the largest Muslim population outside Muslim-majority countries. However, so far, OIC, bowing to the pressure of Pakistan which has been expressing its strong reservations to giving India a membership of the OIC, has ignored India’s application.

The 19 May incident comes exactly one month after OIC’s Independent Permanent Human Rights Commission (OIC-IPHRC) on 19 April had called on the Indian government to take steps to protect Muslim minorities who were being “negatively profiled” and facing “discrimination and violence” amidst the Covid-19 crisis.

Much of the inputs and information that had led to the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation speaking out against India on 19 April was a result of the information warfare that was carried out by Pakistan on various social media platforms that had led to an image that Muslims in India were being targeted.

https://www.sundayguardianlive.com/news/pak-witnesses-indias-veto-power-oic

Not everyone will buy Pakistan's fake propaganda against India. And before pointing fingers at us pakistan must take a look around. Afghanistan doesn't like them, Iran doesn't like them, India doesn't like them Bangladesh doesn't like them. Even Arabs like India more than they like pakistan.
One interesting thing to note is India has stronger ties with all Muslims majority nations within the neighborhood like Maldives,Afghanistan, Iran and Bangladesh at the cost of Pakistan.

For all the boasting of Pakistan being a natural leader of Muslim world, they have failed to achieve leadership among Muslim nations within the vicinity

Its a classic case of fantasizing to run before being able to crawl.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom