What's new

Maldives seeks Pakistan’s help for tax reforms

there used to be browser compatibility issues with secp e-services...and there isn't enough guidance on the website. It's still not a completely online system.

The majority doesn't have internet either, or if they do, no electricity. So they didn't even need an online system, the 99% can't really make any use of it.

We are not discussing SECP's system here................................ We are discussing FBR. You know the difference between the two right?

And electricity is not failure of FBR's system for goodness sake.

there used to be browser compatibility issues with secp e-services...and there isn't enough guidance on the website. It's still not a completely online system.

The majority doesn't have internet either, or if they do, no electricity. So they didn't even need an online system, the 99% can't really make any use of it.
FBR E-Filling is accessible to all Browser I have used and it has enough Guidance available included with Formulas of filling Returns so it must be subject to your Understanding of Accountancy instead.

FBR Registered Organizations are the ones that use this system mostly not Individuals. So this system is blessing for those no doubt

it all works, but maldives taking guidance from pakistan is still funny to me...

mehran taking help from khyber is funny.
It is not about Country Reputation here its all about Expertise and if you ask me our Chartered Accountancy is very well Groomed and Experienced at par with good Standards within Pakistan hence that impact FBR as well because its our Chartered Accountants that are working in FBR mostly.

Last edited:
We are not discussing SECP's system here................................ We are discussing FBR. You know the difference between the two right?

And electricity is not failure of FBR's system for goodness sake.

yes, but IRIS and SECP e-services are the two main examples of government making online services that I have in my mind right now....And I wasn't really that impressed by either. If you use similar services from foreign countries, you will see the difference.

It is not about Country Reputation here its all about Expertise and if you ask me our Chartered Accountancy is very well Groomed and Experienced at par with good Standards within Pakistan hence that impact FBR as well because its our Chartered Accountants that are working in FBR mostly.

Very well groomed by middle-eastern standards perhaps, where they've had no standards so far.
You are over-rating ICAP.

What's next? Maldives seeking Pakistan's help in setting up a cricket board and cricket team lol

Morons without knowledge of FBR and how tax system work will find it funny.

Pakistan has problems with tax collection because of lack of political will to go after the big fish. Otherwise the online system is pretty neat. You can register to see for yourself.

Collection is improved but as usual the political leadership/elite find witty ways to circumvent the taxes and misreport their wealth

Why is this the case?they could have gone to the Chinese etc,etc .Guys what's the big deal? @syedali73 sir your thoughts on this ?

Why is this the case?they could have gone to the Chinese etc,etc .Guys what's the big deal? @syedali73 sir your thoughts on this ?
Islamabad- Maldives has sought technical help from Pakistan to overhaul its tax infrastructure regime.
According to sources, Maldives Deputy President is arriving here on a two-day visit on February 25 to discuss a range of issues including banking, finance, trade, transportation and tax reforms regime.

Looks like some kind a of a joke to me. Maldives seeks help from Pakistan... where less than 10% people pay tax? I wonder if Maldives' official are actually interested to learn (from Pakistani officials and politicians) how to evade taxes and bank in the looted money in Swiss banks.

Very well groomed by middle-eastern standards perhaps, where they've had no standards so far.
You are over-rating ICAP.
Our Chartered Accountants arent all ICAP their are international Certifications here as well like ACCA, CPA, CIMA etc and they also make a huge bunch of our Chartered Accountants in fact Majority of them because ICAP CA program is much tougher then ACCA program.

Looks like some kind a of a joke to me. Maldives seeks help from Pakistan... where less than 10% people pay tax? I wonder if Maldives' official are actually interested to learn (from Pakistani officials and politicians) how to evade taxes and bank in the looted money in Swiss banks.

I will take technical help for tax infrastructure reform as help to reform systems (not how to tax people), which is quite decent in Pakistan - Taxation is not just about filing of personal income taxes, believe me reporting and filing of corporate taxes, sales taxes and duties etc. and dealing with disputes related to them is pain in a$$ for organizations in most of countries in the region. In Pakistan our problem is not system but people operating the systems and leadership. Another example is NADRA which also have systems which are at power with any technologically advanced country but still there are corrupt people who are issuing CNIC for money.

They want FBR like organization and their Network infrastructure like E-Filling system Genius. If you ever had any experience of filling Tax returns or WHT or any knowledge of that then you wont be talking about Indirect Taxes here because their E-Filling system is best any Govt. organization in this region can offer.

Are you mad or a bit crazy?

I just cracked a joke. BTW as far as tax paying is concerned I never paid direct tax to FBR and I won't do that because mostly people don't pay direct tax here.

Are you mad or a bit crazy?

I just cracked a joke. BTW as far as tax paying is concerned I never paid direct tax to FBR and I won't do that because mostly people don't pay direct tax here.
Salaried Person in fall within Income Tax Range(Rs33,333 Aprox) then your Income Tax would be deducted right from people's Salary and Paid to FBR. So dont think no body pays Direct Taxes here almost every Salaried Person that falls in the range and works for Registered Company does pay. So first get some Knowledge before Discussing the issue because even your Joke is Non Sense for a person who had actually Used FBR before.

Political Crap is another thing all together its subject to Threats and Influence Exercise in Pakistan and that isnt only Pakistan's Problem it happens even in the west as well but intensity is very low there. If you think FBR is at Fault in that case then its not entirely on FBR instead its our Society as a whole which does that so Politics itself is a problem not just PMLN or PTI or MQM.

Salaried Person in fall within Income Tax Range(Rs33,333 Aprox) then your Income Tax would be deducted right from people's Salary and Paid to FBR. So dont think no body pays Direct Taxes here almost every Salaried Person that falls in the range and works for Registered Company does pay. So first get some Knowledge before Discussing the issue because even your Joke is Non Sense for a person who had actually Used FBR before.

Political Crap is another thing all together its subject to Threats and Influence Exercise in Pakistan and that isnt only Pakistan's Problem it happens even in the west as well but intensity is very low there. If you think FBR is at Fault in that case then its not entirely on FBR instead its our Society as a whole which does that so Politics itself is a problem not just PMLN or PTI or MQM.

Not every salaried person pays tax. People know how to cut it off.

You are actually Nonsense. And the business mens who should pay direct taxes don't pay or pay just a bit. Not Politics is a problem but Political Influence is a problem which was created because of the parties you mentioned in every department of Pakistan.

Drink some litres of milk and have a sleep for months so that I don't have to see you again :D

Not every salaried person pays tax. People know how to cut it off.

You are actually Nonsense. And the business mens who should pay direct taxes don't pay or pay just a bit. Not Politics is a problem but Political Influence is a problem which was created because of the parties you mentioned in every department of Pakistan.

Drink some litres of milk and have a sleep for months so that I don't have to see you again :D
People's Salary is DEDUCTED before Payment if their Salaries Falls into income Tax Slab for Salaried Person and Paid to FBR directly by Company. For Businessmen if they are Registered to FBR and have NTN they would pay Tax because FBR Bribing system isnt like Police or some Patwari type its way other level and Involves Millions at least not thousands and Business men finds Paying Taxes as best option rather then Bribing in most cases.

If you ever had any Experience working for a Registered Company or even had experience of Audit Firms you wont be saying that but since all your Qualification is of a Fan boy so nothing Constructive can be expected from you but you can leave this area and go back to Political Forum where you can pull out as many Senseless Argument as you could.

Back
Top Bottom