What's new

Malala Yousufzai bashed for 'Oxford Attire' and it's quite appalling.

images
I think that's Bilawal?

images

The above is a photo of Benazir Bhutto as Oxford undergraduate, did anyone ever ostracised her?

For Heaven's sake, Malala is an 18 year old college student, she is neither a nun nor an angle and she does not live in Swat but in UK. Does she not deserve enjoying college life like any other student? Must we compare her with one of the Tableeghi Jamaat ladies?

Whats surprising is that Pakistanis living in and enjoying the West, seem to be highly bothered by her clothes and appear very vocal in their opposition. Do you have nuns walking on your streets, lately? Pakistanis living in this country, I can still understand. But where is that hypocrisy coming from? Land on one of your own Pakistani airports, surrender your Western country's nationality documents and then post this comment. I mean, it doesn't even make sense, in this form. If the West is so decadent, why the heck do they continue to live there? Aren't they worried that their kids might turn this way? Aren't they worried that temptation might cause them to indulge in the same things, that they so much hate?

Last edited:
Girls in lahore Karachi islamabad and even peshawar wear similar or even more revealing clothes... what's wrong with her attire... how it's not islamic??? Outs completely acceptable and very modest I think

Whats surprising is that Pakistanis living in and enjoying the West, seem to be highly bothered by her clothes and very vocal in their opposition. Do you have nuns walking on your streets, lately? Pakistanis living in this country, I can still understand. But where is that hypocrisy coming from? Land on one of your own Pakistani airports, surrender your nationality documents and then post this comment. I mean, it doesn't even make sense, in this form. If the West is so decadent, why the heck do they continue to live there? Aren't they worried that your kids might turn this way? Aren't they worried that temptation might cause them to indulge in the same things, that they so much hate?

May be expatriates do not want the residents to enjoy the same things?

Girls in lahore Karachi islamabad and even peshawar wear similar or even more revealing clothes... what's wrong with her attire... how it's not islamic??? Outs completely acceptable and very modest I think

Forget it, just go to the Pakistan models thread on this very forum. Tell me what you see.

May be expatriates do not want the residents to enjoy the same things?

Why? Are they not enjoying the same, they criticize, by merely living in the West?

Why? Are they not enjoying the same, they criticize, by merely living in the West?

For some, the enjoyment of their bounty is increased by denying it to others, could it be? Those who have big hearts would naturally want others to have the same privileges as themselves, so the opposite may also apply. I don't know.

For some, the enjoyment of their bounty is increased by denying it to others, could it be? Those who have big hearts would naturally want others to have the same privileges as themselves, so the opposite may also apply.

Isn't it enough for everyone to enjoy? Otherwise, you are saying high "sadism" in different words.

Isn't it enough for everyone to enjoy? Otherwise, you are saying high "sadism" in different words.

May be the following would help me make my point?

True story:

Back in the days when the Lahore-Islamabad motorway was first proposed by Nawaz Sharif, it was also vehemently opposed by Benazir Bhutto because she was not in power at that time. I picked up a friend from Heathrow and proceed to head west on M4 to drop him off at a place where he was to start his PhD. On seeing a motorway for the first time, my friend was awestruck by its smoothness and speed. He said, "I did not know what a motorway was when I was in Pakistan. Seeing this, I do not understand why Benazir would oppose something like this in her own country when she has lived here and knows what a good thing it could be for the country". I had no answer for him.

May be the following would help me make my point?

True story:

Back in the days when the Lahore-Islamabad motorway was first proposed by Nawaz Sharif, it was also vehemently opposed by Benazir Bhutto because she was not in power at that time. I picked up a friend from Heathrow and proceed to head west on M4 to drop him off at a place where he was to start his PhD. On seeing a motorway for the first time, my friend was awestruck by its smoothness and speed. He said, "I did not know what a motorway was when I was in Pakistan. Seeing this, I do not understand why Benazir would oppose something like this in her own country when she has lived here and knows what a good thing it could be for the country". I had no answer for him.

Most of the times, its just people trying to prove something to somebody or even to themselves. I believe that it is one of those instances. In a place of religious worship or a religious gathering, the cleric shouting the loudest and with most emotions, is the one who has the weakest faith, hence the persistent attempt to convince the listeners and his own self. He subconsciously knows.

Last edited:
Way too much attention on that girl Malalai Yousafzai.
Mrs. Yousafzai is not that important.

The one in the picture took the following to the next level! :D

In The Name of Allah, The Merciful, The Compassionate

Ref: Verse (24:31)

For comparison, I've given translation of ayat from two different authors:

1. Pickthall: And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands' fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters' sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigour, or children who know naught of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed.

Now enjoy the translated version of the same ayat by a Pakistani in all probability:

Mohsin Khan: And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

...... so on and so forth, hundred different translations to choose from.

Now personal commentary: Mate, the problem is with understanding the contextual version of the words, for example in the above mentioned ayat, the Arabic word "khimar" for covering cleavage, what does it stand for?

1. Veil?
2. Separate cloth?
3. Cloth that forms part of the dress?
4. A curtain of sorts.
5. Table cloth.

etc etc....... the point being, the guideline states that cover your cleavage and private parts with cloth (doesn't a t-shirt do that? Or does it have to be exclusively either Made in Saudi Arabia Abbaya or Made in Pakistan Kameez????)........ and let's not get into what constitutes private parts, for some of our friends here, even a female-toe is a private part, which can reign terror on the planet if it's covered with nail polish! :D

Hundred more questions and so few answers, even with this just one ayyat above, however, I personally consider Quran to be the sole and complete light of guidance.

That is some really bad fashion sense on her part, she looks like a pheasant

View attachment 431778

Malala should know better and wear a hijabi garment like above

The one in the picture took the following to the next level! :D

In The Name of Allah, The Merciful, The Compassionate

Ref: Verse (24:31)

For comparison, I've given translation of ayat from two different authors:

1. Pickthall: And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands' fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters' sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigour, or children who know naught of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed.

Now enjoy the translated version of the same ayat by a Pakistani in all probability:

Mohsin Khan: And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

...... so on and so forth, hundred different translations to choose from.

Now personal commentary: Mate, the problem is with understanding the contextual version of the words, for example in the above mentioned ayat, the Arabic word "khimar" for covering cleavage, what does it stand for?

1. Veil?
2. Separate cloth?
3. Cloth that forms part of the dress?
4. A curtain of sorts.
5. Table cloth.

etc etc....... the point being, the guideline states that cover your cleavage and private parts with cloth (doesn't a t-shirt do that? Or does it have to be exclusively either Made in Saudi Arabia Abbaya or Made in Pakistan Kameez????)........ and let's not get into what constitutes private parts, for some of our friends here, even a female-toe is a private part, which can reign terror on the planet if it's covered with nail polish! :D

Hundred more questions and so few answers, even with this just one ayyat above, however, I personally consider Quran to be the sole and complete light of guidance.
In other words, the Mullahs and their similar followers here should take a nice branch of miswak and shove it up their rectum(considering the background of many, they might even like it).

The whole concept of modesty is two way and left to the interpretation of those with understanding- not those with Tharak.

And Pakistani minds possess an extremely enlarged Tharak oblongata.

Back
Top Bottom