What's new

Malala Yousafzai's book banned by private schools in Pakistan

The question is not about whether she wrote the derogatory stuff or not, the question is about why she wrote that stuff. If I were Malala I would scorn Taliban and be done with it. Anyway, I don't give a rat's arse to the contents of her book, however I do want an explanation why her father wore black armband on 14th August.

Ban the book based on the merit of it's contents... not based on the merit of it's author. If there's anything which is detrimental to Pakistan's national interest & anything that ruffles religious sentiments, then the ban is justified. But not 'cause it will upset religious extremists or 'cause it's written by Malala & her father wore a black armband on Pakistan's independence day. Atleast that's how I would look at it. But you may have a different opinion than mine..

Bechari Malala.

Her antics that included harmless activism and getting shot in the face got her in trouble with the religious right of Pakistan.

In order to appease them, she went on the offensive by supporting talks with the very people who tried to kill her and criticizing Obama for drone strikes in person. Who squanders away an opportunity like that?

Now, she has transformed into her nation's favorite punching bag and she very well might have burned her bridges with the Western press as well.

Malala, meri baat maano...forget your activism in Pakistan and take whatever gig the UN/West offers you. The people you are trying to impress won't be amused till the Taliban finish the job they originally set out to do with you. Then they will promptly declare you a martyr but I figure that'll come as little consolation to you.

Last edited:
Ban the book based on the merit of it's contents... not based on the merit of it's author. If there's anything which is detrimental to Pakistan's national interest & anything that ruffles religious sentiments, then the ban is justified. But not 'cause it will upset religious extremists or 'cause it's written by Malala & her father wore a black armband on Pakistan's independence day. Atleast that's how I would look at it. But you may have a different opinion than mine..

Enough stuff that can risk national interest. Here's an excerpt. I wonder what could be the source of her info?

oF18JvE.png

She's 16 years old, never did any investigative journalism but still she has ample to make a comment.

Enough stuff that can risk national interest. Here's an excerpt. I wonder what could be the source of her info?

oF18JvE.png

She's 16 years old, never did any investigative journalism but still she has ample to make a comment.

I don't think any of the above can be considered as new revelations. By the looks of things she quoted most the stuffs either admitted by Musharraf himself on various occasions or already existed in public domain through innumerable sources. But yes.. none of these makes good reading for those sitting in higher ups.. & I can see why that uneasy feeling.

but why ??? i thought pakistanis loved her ??? :undecided:

I don't think anyone hates Malala in Pakistan but no one has any interest in listening to her either.

Prior to the attack which made her famous she was, at most, an average or possibly even below average student on a national scale. Compare her to a PhD and MIT graduate like Aafia Siddiqui who is truly loved by the country but was kidnapped and now held hostage by the US government.

So the West is promoting a girl who may not even had the marks to even get into an arts college in Pakistan yet denouncing a woman who was a graduate from one of the top 3 universities in the world (whose sister is also a Harvard medical graduate).

Furthermore, why doesn't the US talk about Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi the little 14 year old their soldiers raped and murdered in Iraq? They condemn others but refuse to condemn themselves.

The west, particularly the US, doesn't want to think of themselves as the villain and to justify their history of murder, exploitation and sabotage they prop up someone like Malala to make it appear as if they are the good guys while totally ignoring their own crimes. Over 200,000 weapons have gone missing and they have propped up a government of drug lords in Afghanistan by giving them security and tens of millions of dollars to increase their drug production to record breaking levels (which was almost eliminated pre-invasion) which eventually leads to crime in Pakistan (which results in cases where parents are afraid to send girls to schools) as well as record numbers of people in Afghanistan becoming addicted to opiates particularly children. Everything the West seems to have done is make educating children, let alone girls, harder.

Simply put Pakistanis are becoming aware of US hypocrisy and lies.

Last edited:

well dear ... your favourite malala wrote against Islamic values and its education.... writing about satanic verses (naozubillah) and stuff in book is not 16 years old work... so its a good move to ban her book

Last edited:
well dear ... your favourite malala wrote against Islamic values and its education.... writing (naozubillah) satanic verses and stuff in book is not 16 years old work... so its a good move

That's what I'm trying to ask you guys. Tell me what is that she wrote is against Islamic value? Don't just be generic.. be specific.

Educating girls is against "Islamic system"?

Any other Pakistani on forum concur with this guy's view?

don't be a drama queen...he never said anything about not educating girls .... You sir are very illiterate or very much in hatred with islam ...where does islam or anyone one in Pakistan (except taliban) said not to educate girls.... Do u even know what islam actually is ... let me mention some verses from Quran and hadith(sayings of prophet Muhammad <P.B.U.H>
*Hadith....The Prophet MOHAMMED (pbuh) said: "Attainment of knowledge is a must for every Muslim.
*Hadith....The Prophet MOHAMMED (pbuh) said:"Seek knowledge from the Cradle to the Grave.
* Hadith....The Prophet MOHAMMED (pbuh) said:"Seek knowledge even if it is in faraway china.

first verses of the Quran began with the word:

"Read. Read in the name of thy Lord who created; [He] created the human being from blood clot. Read in the name of thy Lord who taught by the pen: [He] taught the human being what he did not know."(96: 1-5).

Now baning the book cause ...In her reference to Rushdie, Malala said in the book that her father saw The Satanic Verses as "offensive to Islam but believes strongly in the freedom of speech."

first read Quran and then talk about it...

That's what I'm trying to ask you guys. Tell me what is that she wrote is against Islamic value? Don't just be generic.. be specific.

book did not show enough respect for Islam because it mentioned Prophet Muhammad’s name without using the abbreviation PBUH – “peace be upon him” – as is customary in every parts of the Muslim world. it spoke favourably of author Salman Rushdie, who angered many Muslims with his book “The Satanic Verses,” and Ahmadis, members of a minority sect that have been declared non-Muslims under Pakistani law.

well dear ... your favourite malala wrote against Islamic values and its education.... writing about satanic verses (naozubillah) and stuff in book is not 16 years old work... so its a good move to ban her book

Where's the proof ? If you point out to her book or interviews or documentaries , then get me the exact citations or references from them , its a very convenient way to malign/character assassinate a person by declaring that he/she wrote/acted against " Islam " or committed " blasphemy " . Innocent until proven guilty , that girl is . Get me the proof/evidence ! :azn:

@Dillinger @jaibi @Armstrong @Alpha1 @Informant @Capt.Popeye @Capt.Popeye @Slav Defence Right criteria and approach ?

Some disciplines of education are such for women that no one can deny them if he has wisdom. Take for example medical. No one will like to reveal her self in case of delivery or breast cancer in front of a male doctor. So how can you say that girls should not learn?

Where's the proof ? If you point out to her book or interviews or documentaries , then get me the exact citations or references from them , its a very convenient way to malign/character assassinate a person by declaring that he/she wrote/acted against " Islam " or committed " blasphemy " . Innocent until proven guilty , that girl is . Get me the proof/evidence ! :azn:

@Dillinger @jaibi @Armstrong @Alpha1 @Informant @Capt.Popeye @Capt.Popeye @Slav Defence Right criteria and approach ?

huh get it urself ... Book is not banned in India :azn:... go to market... purchase book... and read it...there's ur proof

Fatal flaw, asking for proof and that too in context- eg. does she endorse the idea behind the book (Satanic Verses) itself or rather the notion of freedom of speech...not conducive to the dynamics within which a fundoo operates. 
Some disciplines of education are such for women that no one can deny them if he has wisdom. Take for example medical. No one will like to reveal her self in case of delivery or breast cancer in front of a male doctor. So how can you say that girls should not learn?

Is something wrong with you...or do you think that male doctors don't operate on female patients..flawed reasoning in support of an otherwise perfect notion- educating women.

search the entire documentary how she was shot in head by Talibaan which was a setup drama. She was never hit

So , you like majority of the nation believe more in " conspiracy theories " over " established facts " ? No wonder , the country's in such a state where it is considered an easy approach to blame everything on " foreign elements " . She was almost dead being hit by the bullet which traveled through head , neck and ended in shoulder .
After the shooting, Yousafzai was airlifted to a military hospital in Peshawar, where doctors were forced to begin operating after swelling developed in the left portion of her brain, which had been damaged by the bullet when it passed through her head.[36] After a three-hour operation, doctors successfully removed the bullet, which had lodged in her shoulder near her spinal cord. The day following the attack, doctors performed a decompressive craniectomy, in which part of the skull is removed to allow room for the brain to swell.[37]

On 11 October 2012, a panel of Pakistani and British doctors decided to move Yousafzai to the Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology in Rawalpindi.[37] Mumtaz Khan, a doctor, said that she had a 70% chance of survival.[38] Interior Minister Rehman Malik said that Yousafzai would be shifted to Germany, where she could receive the best medical treatment, as soon as she was stable enough to travel. A team of doctors would travel with her, and the government would bear the expenditures of her treatment.[39][40] Doctors reduced Yousafzai's sedation on 13 October, and she moved all four limbs.[41]

Offers to treat Yousafzai came from around the world.[42] On 15 October, Yousafzai traveled to the United Kingdom for further treatment, approved by both her doctors and family. Her plane landed in Dubai to refuel and then continued to Birmingham, where she was treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, one of the specialties of this hospital being the treatment of military personnel injured in conflict.[43]

Yousafzai had come out of her coma by 17 October 2012, was responding well to treatment, and was said to have a good chance of fully recovering without any brain damage.[44] Later updates on 20 and 21 October stated that she was stable, but was still battling an infection.[45] By 8 November, she was photographed sitting up in bed.[46]

On 3 January 2013, Yousafzai was discharged from the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham to continue her rehabilitation at her family's temporary home in the West Midlands.[47][48] She had a five-hour operation on 2 February to reconstruct her skull and restore her hearing, and was reported in stable condition.[49]

These are all lies as per you , somehow ? :azn: Everybody from the military to the doctors to the world were lying for a little girl ! How do they suppose anyone would buy their " she was never shot " stance ? @Dillinger

huh get it urself ... Book is not banned in India :azn:... go to market... purchase book... and read it...there's ur proof

If you are claiming something , its you and not me , who needs to provide the proof . Ever heard of " the burden of proof lies on the claimant " ? :azn: Or are you from the same lot who believes in everything they hear from anyone or loves conspiracy theories ? I need to read nothing , since you just proved yourself that you haven't read it yourself , but are just making claims without any evidence . 
Fatal flaw, asking for proof and that too in context- eg. does she endorse the idea behind the book (Satanic Verses) itself or rather the notion of freedom of speech...not conducive to the dynamics within which a fundoo operates.

Actually ,

for some

Talking about freedom of speech/expression is against Islam .
Talking against Taliban is against Islam .
Talking against the wrong policies of the country is against Islam .
Talking in favor of girls education and against the pathetic women rights in rural areas is against Islam .
Talking against the commander of the faithful - Zia ul Haq is against Islam .
Talking against a barbaric , intolerant and inhumane ideology is against Islam .
Talking about the country's mistake of participating in so called Afghan Jihad is against Islam .
Talking in favor of modernity and enlightened moderation is against Islam .

Keep playing the Islam card , its the ace up your sleeve ! :azn: The easy way out @Dillinger .

Last edited:
So , you like majority of the nation believe more in " conspiracy theories " over " established facts " ? No wonder , the country's in such a state where it is considered an easy approach to blame everything on " foreign elements " . She was almost dead being hit by the bullet which traveled through head , neck and ended in shoulder .
After the shooting, Yousafzai was airlifted to a military hospital in Peshawar, where doctors were forced to begin operating after swelling developed in the left portion of her brain, which had been damaged by the bullet when it passed through her head.[36] After a three-hour operation, doctors successfully removed the bullet, which had lodged in her shoulder near her spinal cord. The day following the attack, doctors performed a decompressive craniectomy, in which part of the skull is removed to allow room for the brain to swell.[37]

On 11 October 2012, a panel of Pakistani and British doctors decided to move Yousafzai to the Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology in Rawalpindi.[37] Mumtaz Khan, a doctor, said that she had a 70% chance of survival.[38] Interior Minister Rehman Malik said that Yousafzai would be shifted to Germany, where she could receive the best medical treatment, as soon as she was stable enough to travel. A team of doctors would travel with her, and the government would bear the expenditures of her treatment.[39][40] Doctors reduced Yousafzai's sedation on 13 October, and she moved all four limbs.[41]

Offers to treat Yousafzai came from around the world.[42] On 15 October, Yousafzai traveled to the United Kingdom for further treatment, approved by both her doctors and family. Her plane landed in Dubai to refuel and then continued to Birmingham, where she was treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham, one of the specialties of this hospital being the treatment of military personnel injured in conflict.[43]

Yousafzai had come out of her coma by 17 October 2012, was responding well to treatment, and was said to have a good chance of fully recovering without any brain damage.[44] Later updates on 20 and 21 October stated that she was stable, but was still battling an infection.[45] By 8 November, she was photographed sitting up in bed.[46]

On 3 January 2013, Yousafzai was discharged from the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham to continue her rehabilitation at her family's temporary home in the West Midlands.[47][48] She had a five-hour operation on 2 February to reconstruct her skull and restore her hearing, and was reported in stable condition.[49]

These are all lies as per you , somehow ? :azn: Everybody from the military to the doctors to the world were lying for a little girl ! How do they suppose anyone would buy their " she was never shot " stance ? @Dillinger

If you are claiming something , its you and not me , who needs to provide the proof . Ever heard of " the burden of proof lies on the claimant " ? :azn: Or are you from the same lot who believes in everything they hear from anyone or loves conspiracy theories ? I need to read nothing , since you just proved yourself that you haven't read it yourself , but are just making claims without any evidence .

No no..such was the strength of his devotion towards lifting the veil on traitors such as Malala that he hopped the fence over to India to procure said book and ergo procure the incriminating evidence...then hopped right back to educate his pious brothers..

No no..such was the strength of his devotion towards lifting the veil on traitors such as Malala that he hopped the fence over to India to procure said book and ergo procure the incriminating evidence...then hopped right back to educate his pious brothers..

Haven't read the book himself and now making tall claims about a little girl being what-not ! If the CIA just doesn't have enough political/military people on its payroll to waste their time on a little kid :D How wonderful is that now ? When confronted @Ehsan Abbas , asks me to read it myself , as if he's a child who doesn't know nothing about " burden of proof " . You know , mate , just two days , an article was published in Dawn , a sarcastic and satire piece from Nadeem . F . Paracha named " Malala exposed " , was being quoted by the public as the final and absolute proof of the girl being CIA sleeper agent whose DNA was from Hungary and whose real name was Jane , I took a pretty good shot at my father's friend who shared it with us as " fact " . Asked him to read the disclaimer and see the funny pictures , his face expression then said the rest of the story . Read it , its funny as hell :D

Back
Top Bottom