What's new

Malala Yousafzai has done nothing to get Nobel Peace Prize, says Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

Zibago

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Malala Yousafzai has done nothing to get Nobel Peace Prize, says Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Malala, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
DNA WEB TEAM | Mon, 2 May 2016-08:05pm , DNA webdesk
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar says he was against the Taliban attack survivor from getting the award.

In a shocking incident, spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar of Art of Living and the World Cultural Festival controversy has said that Nobel Malala Yousafzai did not deserve the prestigious award.

The spiritual guru also said that he would never accept the Nobel Peace Prize.

"That girl (Malala) has done nothing to get the Nobel prize," said the Sri Sri.

He was quoted by the Deccan Chronicle saying, “I was in the past offered the Nobel Peace Prize, but I had rejected it as I only believe in working and not in being honoured for my work. We should always honour only to those who deserve it and I am totally against honouring Malala Yousafzai with the prize and it is of no use,” he said.

ALSO READ

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar vs Malala: This Nobel Peace Prize debate is as petty as it sounds
The leader was on a visit to drought-hit areas in Maharashtra. He was at Latur while speaking about the Nobel Peace Prize.

Malala Yousafzai is the youngest recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize award. She, who was working on girls' right to go to school, was targeted in an assassination attempt by the Taliban in Swat who opposed education of girls.
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...peace-prize-says-sri-sri-ravi-shankar-2208409

The girl stood up for women education in a place that at the time was swarming with terrorists and everyone was silent. She was the reason women were allowed back in class. She was almost killed. Even right now there are charities in her name working to provide girls their basic rights. And then her own countrymen hate her because of stupid reasons.

She has done nothing to earn nobel prize?

Says an old man who thinks he is cool by attacking and talking about a little girl saying she doesn't deserve an award. Bruh she deserves more than nobel prize.

“I was in the past offered the Nobel Peace Prize, but I had rejected it as I only believe in working and not in being honoured for my work. We should always honour only to those who deserve it and I am totally against honouring Malala Yousafzai with the prize and it is of no use,”

Too bad neither the west nor anyone here cares about his opinion.

If this guy had any status or respect before, he lost most of it if not all by acting so pathetic.

Malala is now more like a cash grab machine for the media but meh no need for someone old from a different country to be salty. Nobel prize is a joke, even Obama got it, wonder how "peaceful" he was.

This old man should volunteer his so called noble PIECE prize in the shame of insulting little girl, this old man doesn’t deserve noble PIECE price, International community should take notice and intervene into this matter and take back that PIECE from him, as this old doesn’t deserve to be honored that noble peace prize which a little girl who fought for education are proud to be got.

Jealousy endians :D

The girl stood up for women education in a place that at the time was swarming with terrorists and everyone was silent. She was the reason women were allowed back in class. She was almost killed. Even right now there are charities in her name working to provide girls their basic rights. And then her own countrymen hate her because of stupid reasons.

She has done nothing to earn nobel prize?

Says an old man who thinks he is cool by attacking and talking about a little girl saying she doesn't deserve an award. Bruh she deserves more than nobel prize.

“I was in the past offered the Nobel Peace Prize, but I had rejected it as I only believe in working and not in being honoured for my work. We should always honour only to those who deserve it and I am totally against honouring Malala Yousafzai with the prize and it is of no use,”

Too bad neither the west nor anyone here cares about his opinion.

If this guy had any status or respect before, he lost most of it if not all by acting so pathetic.

Malala is now more like a cash grab machine for the media but meh no need for someone old from a different country to be salty. Nobel prize is a joke, even Obama got it, wonder how "peaceful" he was.
He is a citizen of your country after all :D

Don't know who he is or why he is saying that but he is right and I think most Pakistanis agree. She has done nothing to be awarded a prize by some random committee every one decides to bow their head to. Physically most of the world may not be colonized but psychologically it still is to a great extent

What has Malala done to get so much of West's attention and fanfare?

She got a bullet from a Taliban. But then children of her age were devastated psychologically, physically mutilated and lost families in drone strikes by US in and around the same region. Those children too should get same attention and accolades that Malala received for suffering trauma and devastation.

Malala is a poster girl of West's condescension toward the rest of the world and Muslim world in particular. Malala story is one of brave West saving a little girl from clutches of barbarians from her own culture and beliefs. Those barbarians keep their women uneducated, kill them if they rebel and follow a rigid, backward religion that West characterizes with Taliban.

The hypocrisy of Malala story is all to see. But we are expected to celebrate this story because according to West, its the Western values that should prevail in the rest of the world. That West's illegal wars across the rest of the world to impose their freedom and democracy is actually good for us uncouth and backward peoples. And it is Malala that provides the soft image of this neo-imperialism being imposed on Islamic world.

Lol. Suddenly Pakistanis attacking Indians when before most of them here had attacked Malala.

I symphatise with Malala for her brave activities. But she does not "deserve" the adolation the west is showering on her. All the west needs is a poster lady.

She would have deserved the prize had she gone back to her country after terrorists were eliminated from her area and started studying, inspiring other girls to do the same. But she is comfortably sitting in the West lecturing what Pakistan should and shouldnt. And NGO's are making an killing in her name.

for once i agree with him, She did nothing to deserve Nobel, but the credibility of Nobel Price can be seen when it was given to Obama :lol: who's next ? Modi and Khomeni ?:rofl:

for once i agree with him, She did nothing to deserve Nobel, but the credibility of Nobel Price can be seen when it was given to Obama :lol: who's next ? Modi and Khomeni ?:rofl:
Ravi ko pata chalaga jab aik TTP ki goli khay ga..... Mala has guts , she raise girl education in the presence of TTP terrorist around her.

That is strange Indians were jumping up and down when it suited them now Malalalalalalalala has out lived her usefulness so the criticism follows. There's a lesson in it. Pawns have no more respect than toilet tissue.

Ravi ko pata chalaga jab aik TTP ki goli khay ga..... Mala has guts , she raise girl education in the presence of TTP terrorist around her.

really ? well i don't see any revolutionary changes in SWAT ? and what happen to those girls still studying in FATA despite the threats while she is now a British and Canadian Citizen :lol:
another girl was injured in the same attack and i see no one praise or talk about her .. as i say wait a little and next people to get Nobel prize for peace will be Modi and khomeni

Back
Top Bottom