Malala ON Her Way To Recovery

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
malala-awake_2373915c.jpg

1590_get_well_soon_card.png

Doctors at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital, where Mahala Yousafzai was flown for treatment from Pakistan, said the bullet which struck her just above her left eye had grazed the edge of her brain.
They said that she was "not out the woods yet" because of an infection but if all went well she should make a full recovery.
Speaking outside the hospital, its medical director, Dr Dave Rosser, told reporters: "It's clear that Malala is not out of the woods yet.
"Having said that, she is doing very well. In fact she was standing with some help for the first time this morning when I went in to see her."
Dr Rosser said she was able to communicate in writing and could "potentially make a full recovery".
He said she is unable to talk due to having a tracheotomy tube inserted but is communicating with staff in Urdu and English, apparently by writing notes.
“She is asking me on her behalf to thank people for their support,” he said.
He said she was likely to undergo reconstructive surgery in a couple of weeks and was fortunate to survive the bullet wound.
“The bullet braised the edge of her brain. If you are talking a couple of inches more centrally, it probably is almost certainly an insurmountable injury,” he told the Evening Standard.
Staff at the Queen Elizabeth hospital, where she has been treated since Monday, said "she has potential to make pretty much a full recovery".
She was shot 10 days ago on a school bus in revenge for her outspoken criticism of Taliban policies banning women from having an education.
Experts said today that the Taliban warlord believed to have ordered the killing did so to boost his fearsome reputation.
Mullah Fazlullah is notorious throughout the Swat valley in Pakistan for his campaign against women’s education and is responsible for the execution of villagers, police and soldiers.
Pakistani authorities have put a $1 million (£620,000) bounty on his head.
Fazlullah is in his thirties and is known as “Mullah Radio” for broadcasting rants against the Pakistani government, music, education and the polio vaccine.
He has been hunted by US troops for years, weakening his chain of command and prompting him to flee into Konar province in Afghanistan three years ago.
Because of his long record of violence and civilian executions, he is a priority target for Nato forces.
Between 2007 and 2009, Fazlullah’s fighters blew up hundreds of schools, beheaded villagers, flogged women, killed soldiers and policemen, and forced the exodus of more than a million residents.
He had 10,000 men at his command and allowed al Qaeda to use his training camps.
But a crackdown by the Pakistani army in the Swat valley destroyed his power base and left him able to target only the most vulnerable — such as Malala, who wrote a BBC diary describing life under the shadow of the Taliban and defending women’s right to an education.

Watch the video in the link.

Schoolgirl shot by Taliban stands up in hospital amid hopes of a full recovery - Telegraph

malala-awake_2373915c.jpg

1590_get_well_soon_card.png

Doctors at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital, where Mahala Yousafzai was flown for treatment from Pakistan, said the bullet which struck her just above her left eye had grazed the edge of her brain.
They said that she was "not out the woods yet" because of an infection but if all went well she should make a full recovery.
Speaking outside the hospital, its medical director, Dr Dave Rosser, told reporters: "It's clear that Malala is not out of the woods yet.
"Having said that, she is doing very well. In fact she was standing with some help for the first time this morning when I went in to see her."
Dr Rosser said she was able to communicate in writing and could "potentially make a full recovery".
He said she is unable to talk due to having a tracheotomy tube inserted but is communicating with staff in Urdu and English, apparently by writing notes.
“She is asking me on her behalf to thank people for their support,” he said.
He said she was likely to undergo reconstructive surgery in a couple of weeks and was fortunate to survive the bullet wound.
“The bullet braised the edge of her brain. If you are talking a couple of inches more centrally, it probably is almost certainly an insurmountable injury,” he told the Evening Standard.
Staff at the Queen Elizabeth hospital, where she has been treated since Monday, said "she has potential to make pretty much a full recovery".
She was shot 10 days ago on a school bus in revenge for her outspoken criticism of Taliban policies banning women from having an education.
Experts said today that the Taliban warlord believed to have ordered the killing did so to boost his fearsome reputation.
Mullah Fazlullah is notorious throughout the Swat valley in Pakistan for his campaign against women’s education and is responsible for the execution of villagers, police and soldiers.
Pakistani authorities have put a $1 million (£620,000) bounty on his head.
Fazlullah is in his thirties and is known as “Mullah Radio” for broadcasting rants against the Pakistani government, music, education and the polio vaccine.
He has been hunted by US troops for years, weakening his chain of command and prompting him to flee into Konar province in Afghanistan three years ago.
Because of his long record of violence and civilian executions, he is a priority target for Nato forces.
Between 2007 and 2009, Fazlullah’s fighters blew up hundreds of schools, beheaded villagers, flogged women, killed soldiers and policemen, and forced the exodus of more than a million residents.
He had 10,000 men at his command and allowed al Qaeda to use his training camps.
But a crackdown by the Pakistani army in the Swat valley destroyed his power base and left him able to target only the most vulnerable — such as Malala, who wrote a BBC diary describing life under the shadow of the Taliban and defending women’s right to an education.

Watch the video in the link.

Schoolgirl shot by Taliban stands up in hospital amid hopes of a full recovery - Telegraph
Malala talks with writing but still some infection in her body and needs to have head surgery to so keep making dua for her

God bless this young girl who has shown more courage then 1000 men put together.

Get well soon and return strong .

God speed.

Enough with malala yaar!

we all condemn the attack but the coverage she has been given everywhere is not justified. Given that many more innocents die in drone attacks and almost NO coverage is given to them!! (recently 18 kids died when USA droned a madrassa, after malalala). I smell a conspiracy theory. West using her

Wish for her speedy recovery. If doctor can save the person who is shot in head then medical science has now few step away from fully controlling a human body.

On the other hand: I sometimes believe that may be its just a plot to break the will and zeal of Taliban to keep it on a ventilator while her brain has already shattered by the bullet.

More like the psychological ploy Punjabies applied few centuries back by keeping the body of Hari Singh Nalwa standing on the fort while the Afghans were defeated.

He has been hunted by US troops for years

The guy broadcasts on a freaking RADIO, for heaven's sake!

Can't all the radar tracking technology track down his broadcasting location?

How about jamming his FM frequency?

The guy broadcasts on a freaking RADIO, for heaven's sake!

Can't all the radar tracking technology track down his broadcasting location?

How about jamming his FM frequency?

The scum bag is allegedly hiding in Afghanistan, where even the US troops haven't managed to smoke him out.

Enough with malala yaar!

we all condemn the attack but the coverage she has been given everywhere is not justified. Given that many more innocents die in drone attacks and almost NO coverage is given to them!! (recently 18 kids died when USA droned a madrassa, after malalala). I smell a conspiracy theory. West using her

Malala was shot due to the stand she took to protect her right to education. Also she condemned Taliban .. This makes her different from many who suffer or die in silence.

Hi-

wishing speedy recovery for the daughter of th enation-

some thing bugging me for a while- why isnt the head shaved- isnt it a standard procedure before any head surgery?-

Hi-

wishing speedy recovery for the daughter of th enation-

some thing bugging me for a while- why isnt the head shaved- isnt it a standard procedure before any head surgery?-

Bullet travelled from there to her shoulder, I read. She will have some surgery on the forehead for bone re-construction at the later stage, but there is no bullet lodged inside her head (thankfully).

On thing needs to be sent out to this -- to all those theocratic fanatics -- if you are shot in the head, you don't survive. If you're shot in the head at point-blank and you're 15, you die. Yet, Malala lives, and that should be proof enough for these fanatics where the divine stands on the issue. Of course, anybody with a logical mind could see that killing children is vehemently against any religions, but hey, these guys are probably smoking more dope than the US and European markets combined.

I must have heard the bigot Munawwar Hasan of JI on half a dozen different programs trying to confuse the issue. So much doubt about the authenticity of attackers has been created by JI leaders, Imran Khan and also some Urdu Columnists; some openly suggesting that it is was done by the CIA or Pakistanis agencies to justify attack on North Waziristan; that the shock of this horrendous attack has dissipated to a great extent.

I feel sorry for this brave girl who had the misfortune to have the most vicious and terrorist loving countrymen. Pakistani Taliban lovers keep comparing her to the hardened terrorist Afia Siddiqui. I am a sinful person but I sincerely pray to Allah for her speedy recovery and that her attackers spend their entire afterlife in hell.

Back
Top Bottom