What's new

"Makkah and Madinah News and Updates"

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking questions. May I ask which marble staircase you are referring to and which "6 star limo driven pilgrimage"? I am yet to see a "6 star limo driven pilgrimage".

Well, every Muslim and individual for that matter has his or her own priorities when performing Hajj or Umrah. Some prefer comfort while others seek hardship. However spirituality is an individual thing. Who are we to judge the pilgrim who prefers comfort? Is he less of a Muslim or less of a pilgrim? I do not think so. It's all about establishing a closer bond to God and purifying your soul.

Up the page

Conrad Makkah recently opened its doors, offering pilgrims easy access to the Holy City.

It is one of the few hotels in Makkah to offer direct access to the Al Haram via 12 elevators to the religious site, enabling pilgrims to seamlessly reach the Sacred Mosque during peak prayer times. The hotel also offers an on-site Masjid for up to 1,000 guests with audio connection to Al-Haram.

Guests staying at the stunning 438-room facility can receive luxury service the moment they land at the airport, with a private car equipped with Wi-Fi, food, and refreshments, available upon request to transport them to the Holy City.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/makkah-and-madinah-news-and-updates.249777/page-26#ixzz4KOHn87Eh

Thanks for the reply and yes good points, the kicker being who are we to judge, the very thing I accuse others of and here I am doing it my self.

Though it does seem the number of wise men that have found spiritual enlightenment while walking the desert outnumbers those who have gained enlightenment while being chaufered from the airport ;)

Up the page

Conrad Makkah recently opened its doors, offering pilgrims easy access to the Holy City.

It is one of the few hotels in Makkah to offer direct access to the Al Haram via 12 elevators to the religious site, enabling pilgrims to seamlessly reach the Sacred Mosque during peak prayer times. The hotel also offers an on-site Masjid for up to 1,000 guests with audio connection to Al-Haram.

Guests staying at the stunning 438-room facility can receive luxury service the moment they land at the airport, with a private car equipped with Wi-Fi, food, and refreshments, available upon request to transport them to the Holy City.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/makkah-and-madinah-news-and-updates.249777/page-26#ixzz4KOHn87Eh

Thanks for the reply and yes good points, the kicker being who are we to judge, the very thing I accuse others of and here I am doing it my self.

Though it does seem the number of wise men that have found spiritual enlightenment while walking the desert outnumbers those who have gained enlightenment while being chaufered from the airport ;)

I honestly see nothing wrong with modern infrastructure of a high quality. At least I would prefer to have that option rather than not having it. For instance if I was traveling with a sick or old relative from Indonesia or Nigeria (for instance) I would prefer comfort over hardship.
It is also needless to say that staying at a luxurious hotel is a personal option and not something anyone is forced to do. Likewise people, as seen in post 1, can perform Hajj "the old-fashioned way". Nothing stops them from doing that. However few people are doing this today.

Well, I have no idea about that but personally I can gain enlightenment in almost every environment.

Grand Mosque has a capacity of 1.8m pilgrims after expansion

Monday 12 September 2016

JEDDAH: The Grand Mosque in Makkah has the capacity to accommodate around 1.8 million pilgrims, following its expansion, reflecting the keenness of the Kingdom to care for Haj and Umrah pilgrims.

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman launched five major projects last year, including the main building expansion project, squares, pedestrian tunnels, Grand Mosque central service station and the first ring road.

King Salman issued directives to take advantage of the space available in the building under the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques project.

According to local media, directives were also issued to take advantage of all the floors to accommodate up to 1,000,850 worshipers at the Grand Mosque and enable 107,000 people to perform tawaf (circumambulation) per hour.

The capacity of toiletss and places of ablution whose total number reached 16,300. Escalators and lifts are operating around the clock at the Grand Mosque in addition to air conditioning system, lighting and sound system, TV surveillance and fire control system.

A report issued by the Ministry of Finance in this regard revealed that projects within the major third expansion of the Grand Mosque include main building of the Grand Mosque, Masaa and Mataf, external squares, bridges, terraces, central services, services tunnel, hospital and pedestrian tunnels, transit stations and bridges leading to the Grand Mosque, the first ring road surrounding the Grand mosque and the infrastructure area, including power stations and water reservoirs.

The report said that construction area has covered 1,470,000 square meters of area and expansion of 320,000 square meters to accommodate 300,000 worshipers.

Construction area covered in the squares is 175,000 square meters to accommodate 280,000 worshipers, while the bridges’ area is 45,000 square meters to accommodate 50,000 worshipers.

The construction area in the services’ buildings is 550,000 square meters to accommodate 310,000 worshipers, in addition to 263,000 square meters of area of the eastern terraces to accommodate 150,000 worshippers.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/983536/saudi-arabia

167.jpg

268.jpg

338.jpg

426.jpg

Hajis stone devil with ease

stoning1.jpg

MINA: On Monday, Day 3 of Haj, pilgrims returned to the tent city of Mina from Muzdalifah, where they spent Sunday night praying and collecting small pebbles for the symbolic ritual of stoning the devil.
At the break of day, pilgrims began walking into Mina toward the multi-storied Jamrat Complex. It was here that each of them threw seven pea-sized pebbles at Jamrat Al-Aqaba, which is one of the three elliptical-shaped walls representing the devil.
Assisted by hundreds of helpful security officials, the ritual was conducted in a peaceful and orderly fashion. Special assistance was provided for the elderly in carrying out the task.
“I was not sure if I would be able to carry out such a daunting task,” said Naeema Bashir, an elderly pilgrim from Karachi. “But then Allah makes things easy. I feel relieved now. May Allah accept our Haj.”
“The Saudi police managed the situation very well,” a French pilgrim, who gave his name only as Abdullah, 33, told AFP.
Saudi pilgrim Ibrahim Al-Ayed, 40, agreed. “There has been a clear improvement,” he said.
Faruk Hamloui, an Algerian who for years has guided his compatriots at Haj, said, “People learned and understood that only organization and respect for the routes designated for crowd movement help to avoid tragedies.”
It is a message repeatedly emphasized by officials.
They “stressed the need to adhere to directives and not take lightly the movement of pilgrims toward the Jamrat Complex,” Mahmoud Damanhoori, board member of a local foundation which assists Southeast Asian pilgrims, told AFP.
The ritual symbolizes Prophet Ibrahim’s stoning of the devil who appeared three times to him and to his son, Ismaeel, and tried to dissuade them from carrying out Allah’s instructions.
Monday’s ritual symbolizes the rejection of evil. It will be repeated for the next two days during which pilgrims will hurl seven pebbles each day at each of the three walls inside the Jamrat Complex.
An endless stream of pilgrims, the men dressed in the ihram, a two-piece seamless white garment, cried “Allah-o-Akbar” (God is the Greatest) as they hurled pebbles at one of the walls representing the Satan. There was no respite from the harsh weather as daytime temperatures continued to hover between 40 and 45 degrees Celsius.
Once inside the Jamrat Complex, however, pilgrims heaved a sigh of relief in the face of cool drafts of air from giant-sized humidifying fans.
The pilgrims transformed Mina into a vast sea of white as they flocked from all directions toward the Jamrat Complex.
Helicopters were constantly overhead to monitor the huge crowds with the help of more than thousands of high-tech cameras, all connected to a control room staffed by experienced security authorities.
After the stoning, pilgrims offer sacrificial meat, normally by slaughtering a sheep. At present, however, most of the sacrifices are slaughtered at a number of state-of-the-art abattoirs run by the Jeddah-based Islamic Development Bank (IDB) and the meat is then sent to poor countries.
On Tuesday, color will return to Mina with delighted pilgrims donning their traditional best in celebration of the completion of what to them was the journey of a lifetime.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/983956/saudi-arabia

ARAB NEWS | Published — Saturday 17 September 2016

RIYADH: A government proposal to extend the Umrah season from the current eight months to 10 is being considered, local media said quoting informed sources.
The proposal, according to which Moharram and Shawwal would be included in the Umrah season, comes in the context of having a new vision for Makkah and Madinah, the sources said.
Umrah visas currently cover the period between Safar and the end of Ramadan.
The proposal is also in line with the objectives of the Saudi Vision 2030, which aims to raise the number of Umrah pilgrims from 8 million to 30 million by 2030.
The vision is meant to enrich the pilgrims’ religious and cultural journey in the Kingdom through the construction and expansion of museums and historic and cultural sites.
According to the vision, the biggest Islamic museum in the world will be established. It will collect, store, display and document items aimed to acquaint visitors with the rich Islamic history.
Meanwhile, the Makkah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MCCI) organized a workshop to discuss a detailed road map for sustainable growth in all business sectors in Makkah through Haj and Umrah.
MCCI Chairman Mahir Jamal said the next period will witness the completion of mega projects in Makkah, to keep up with the growth of Muslims in the world. Muslims number about 1.62 billion worldwide, representing 23 percent of the global population.
“This prompted our wise leadership to envisage an expected increase in the number of pilgrims performing Haj and Umrah from 8 million to 30 million by 2030,” he said.
The National Transformation Program 2020 has also put forth strategic goals for the Ministry of Haj and Umrah, aimed at facilitating the journey for Haj and Umrah pilgrims, he said.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/985471/saudi-arabia

Saudi children save money to buy food, water for pilgrims
Sep 17, 2016

By Mohammed Saud
Okaz/Saudi Gazette

MINA — A number of Saudi children have broken the monopoly of the old men and women on charity works. They have joined them to gain reward from Allah for serving His guests.

Two brothers, who are hardly 10 years of age, chose a major street in Aziziyah district in Makkah, where a large chunk of pilgrims prefer to live as it is close to Mina, and started distributing tea and water among the pilgrims.

The two brothers, Mazen and Bassim Al-Zahrani, said they came from Al-Baha in the south with their parents for the Haj.

They said they made use of their free time to serve pilgrims with water and cups of tea to obtain reward from Allah for their charity work. They said their mother always encouraged them to do charity and to volunteer in the service of others especially during these blessed days.

The two brothers said they saved their petty cash to purchase bottles of water, tea and food for distribution among the pilgrims.

Mazen and Bassim are not alone in this work. Other Saudi children are competing to extend services to the pilgrims.

It has become a phenomenon to see Saudi children offering hot meals, fruit, water and soft drinks to the guests of Allah. The children usually buy water and food out of their saved pocket money. At times, their families would supply them with cash or they obtain the confectionery from the numerous charity organizations in Makkah which assign them the job with the purpose of training them on the voluntary work.

Abu Ghaida, a Jordanian pilgrim, said he saw a number of Saudi children giving food and juices to the pilgrims in Mina.

“I am extremely happy to see Saudi children do this work. They are the future generation who will continue the good work of their fathers” he said.

Ibrahim, a pilgrim from Palestine, said he was not surprised to see Saudi children competing to serve the pilgrims in the Holy Sites.

“It is not a surprising phenomenon to see Saudis and their children serving the pilgrims. They are generous people who always honor their guests,” he said.

http://saudigazette.com.sa/saudi-arabia/saudi-children-save-money-buy-food-water-pilgrims/

Saudi hospitality steals the heart of Iraqi Shiite pilgrim
Sep 16, 2016

Faleh Al-Safi​

By Mohammed Al-Aklabi

MINA — Faleh Al-Safi, an Iraqi Shiite lawyer, who was here for the Haj had distorted ideas about the Saudi people.

But his stay here has cleared all his misconception and he is now leaving the Kingdom satisfied that all is not that bad about Saudi Arabia and its people he has been made to believe all these years.

“I came for the Haj with misconceptions about the Saudi people. I was fearful and apprehensive because I heard that they are racists and that they treat others badly,” he said.

Safi said he began changing his ideas about the Saudi people when he was welcomed with flowers, Zamzam water and warm hugs and smiles on arrival at the Madinah airport.

“This immediately changed my perception. They (the Saudis) are generous and welcoming people. This is totally contrary to what I have been hearing from my Shiite clan,” he said.

Safi also said he used to hear that the Saudi security men were tough especially with the foreigners whom they maltreat and oppress.

“I saw Saudi security personnel helping people, providing them water, guiding them politely to their destinations and sometimes carrying them on their backs to complete their Haj rites,” he said.

Safi said the nice treatment he received during his stay in the Kingdom for the Haj made him change his mind about the Saudi police.

He has now become confident that the bad things he used to hear about the Saudi people from the Shiites in his country were not more than plots to seed dissensions among the various Islamic factions.

He also accused the media in his country of circulating fabricated reports about the Kingdom and its people.

“From now on, I will not listen to anything negative about the Kingdom or its people,” he added.

Safi, 65, said he was hesitant to come to Saudi Arabia and was held back by what he used to hear about the Saudis’ racism and bad treatment of others.

“The Saudi people gave both the Sunni and the Shiite Iraqi pilgrims the same nice treatment. Whenever you go in the streets of the Holy Sites, you will see Saudi men and women competing to serve you,” he said.

Safi said he will spread the truth about the Kingdom and its people to his fellow Shiites back home. “You only see cordiality and peace in the Saudi people and police. This will be my message to my people back home,” the Shiite lawyer said.

http://saudigazette.com.sa/saudi-arabia/saudi-hospitality-steals-heart-iraqi-shiite-pilgrim/

Pilgrims from South Sudan applaud King’s timely help
Sep 15, 2016

By Abdullah Al-Dani

MINA — About 100 pilgrims from South Sudan had lost every hope of being able to make it to Saudi Arabia in time for the Haj pilgrimage. Little did they know that their predicament would be solved by Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman who ordered a chartered flight to bring them to the Kingdom to perform the pilgrimage.

The pilgrims arrived in the Kingdom on Saturday, the day of the ascent to Mina, did the tawaf and sa’i in the Grand Mosque and from there proceeded to Mina to join the multitude of pilgrims in the Tent City.

They said the special aircraft landed in Juba, picked them up to neighboring Uganda and from there to Jeddah.

The pilgrims from Southern Sudan could not believe their eyes when they landed at King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah from where they were quickly rushed to Makkah.

“It was the noble gesture and the generous hospitality of the King that enabled us to arrive in time for the Haj after we have lost every hope of doing it this year,” said Abdullah Jumaa.

Jumaa, secretary general of the Holy Qur’an Society in South Sudan, said they received the King’s invitation to come to the Haj as his personal guests within his program to invite Muslims from various parts of the world for the Haj and Umrah.

He said because of the fighting and the rainy season which makes travel difficult in their country it was difficult for them to reach Makkah.
“King Salman was quick to provide us with a special aircraft to airlift us to the Kingdom just in time to do the Haj,” he said.

Faisal Hassan Abdullah, deputy chief editor of Al-Watan Arabic newspaper in South Sudan, said none of them had it on mind that a chartered flight would land in Juba to transport them to the Kingdom.

“The King is extending assistance to Muslims everywhere in the world. Whenever the King comes to know about the difficulties of Muslims anywhere, he steps in to assist them,” he said.

http://saudigazette.com.sa/saudi-arabia/pilgrims-south-sudan-applaud-kings-timely-help/

SPA | Published — Thursday 15 September 2016

MAKKAH: A pilgrim who had underwent open heart surgery in Madinah just before Haj has successfully completed his pilgrimage.
Mohammed Mirza, 58, from Bangladesh, complained of heart pain while he was going to the Prophet’s Mosque from his accommodation before Haj. He was taken to a medical clinic near the Prophet’s Mosque, which then transferred him to Madinah Cardiac Center where he underwent emergency open-heart surgery. Transferred to Makkah to recuperate, he was later declared fit to perform Haj.
Mirza expressed his deep gratitude to the government of Saudi Arabia for its commitment to provide various services to pilgrims such as health, security and housing facilities and in particular the rapid medical services that enabled him to perform Haj safely.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/985091/saudi-arabia

The sheer dedication over the years to keep the expansion going on and to facilitate the pilgrims by the KSA government is commendable. Seeing the older pictures and comparing them with the latest ones gives one an idea of exactly how they have managed to make the entire process of performing the pilgrimage easy.

The sheer dedication over the years to keep the expansion going on and to facilitate the pilgrims by the KSA government is commendable. Seeing the older pictures and comparing them with the latest ones gives one an idea of exactly how they have managed to make the entire process of performing the pilgrimage easy.

Välkommen min vän.:cheers:

Thank you. Yes, you are completely right it is definitely a daunting task that some circles within the Muslim world do not appreciate as they otherwise should. You should also have in mind that Makkah and Madinah are open for pilgrims 24/7 365/366 days a year. If it is not Hajj it is Umrah. Currently, due to the expansion projects, the number of Hajis and pilgrims is much lower than what it could be but if you look at all future data we are talking about 30-40 million Umrah pilgrims alone in say 10-15 years time on a yearly basis, excluding the Hajis. The numbers only deal with foreigners. Locals are not included. Imagine controlling/securing/guiding such a huge number of DIVERSE people from all the corners of the planet in challenging geography (Makkah especially as it lies in a valley surrounded by mountains and is the hottest city in KSA) and challenging weather most of the year.

Of course the authorities should always look to improve on all fronts and there is still much that can be done better but you can say that about almost everything. Criticism from certain circles, read the Mullah regime next door, is outrageous and just a desperate tactic to malign and politicize Hajj and Umrah.

Jamarat Bridge

000-787664121473544206109.jpg

000-5883379071473805934416.jpg

14329923_916170175153555_5936630751776593627_n.jpg

Holy city of Madinah during Hajj 1437

000-7166606901474375770462.jpg

000-51155681474375818416.jpg

000-4121127191474375833346.jpg

000-4176103151474375792253.jpg

Haj Ministry prepares for opening of Umrah season

Tuesday 20 September 2016

JEDDAH: Minister of Haj and Umrah Mohammed Salih Bentin announced that the ministry has started preparing for next Umrah season 1438 AH, and planning for the next pilgrimage season.

Bentin explained that the work has not stopped with the end of this year’s outstanding successful pilgrimage season, which was appreciated by pilgrims from all over the world, thanks to the integrated efforts exerted by various actors in the Haj system.

He said in a press statement, after sponsorship of the annual ceremony for heads and members of pilgrim affairs offices, guests of the major pilgrimage symposium, in addition to winners of the ministry’s media award, that the ministry’s system relies on enhancing the positives and converting the negatives, if monitored, into opportunities.

He also stressed that “The ministry systematically designs plans for next year and directs staff to work hard to serve the pilgrims, achieve record performance levels and making use of human, material and technical capacities to meet the aspirations of the Saudi government to facilitate rituals for the pilgrims of Haj and Umrah.”

Bentin expressed his pride on what he heard from the ministers of Arab and Islamic countries through their sincere comments that emphasized that Saudi Arabia is continuing to serve the pilgrims from different countries.

The minister appreciated the role played by the media, which is highlighting the efforts of the Kingdom during the pilgrimage, in addition to the endless possibilities offered by the government, in order to strengthen the pilgrimage system and to highlight the care for visitors of the House of God to easily and conveniently perform Haj.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/986901/saudi-arabia

Preparations for Umrah season begin

Sep 19, 2016

Jeddah — Preparations for the Umrah season have already begun with the successful completion of this year’s Haj.

Announcing this Minister of Haj and Umrah Muhammad Saleh Bentan said the outstanding success of Haj won applause and appreciation of those who came for the pilgrimage from around the world.

Benten was addressing the heads and members of offices of Haj affairs and the guests of Haj Grand Symposium as well as the winners of the ministry’s prize for media work at a reception on Saturday evening.

The last Haj flight will leave the Kingdom on Oct. 15.

According to reports, Umrah visas in 2016 increased by seven percent over their number last year to reach 6.4 million.

This is still below the ministry’s ambitious plan of receiving about eight million Umrah pilgrims.

The revenues to be generated by the Umrah season are expected to soar over SR200 billion by the year 2020.

http://saudigazette.com.sa/saudi-ara...eason-begin-2/

Hajis leave Makkah with unforgettable memories

Saturday 17 September 2016

MAKKAH: Hundreds of pilgrims held back tears on Thursday as they left the holy city in buses for King Abdul Aziz international Airport and Jeddah Islamic Port after performing Haj.

Pilgrims are beginning to return to their home countries after completing the Haj rituals easily, safely and conveniently by the grace of God and the support of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman and government services.

A number of pilgrims on their way out of the Grand Mosque, after completing the Tawaf Al-Wida’a, confirmed the intimate and fraternal atmosphere they experienced. “The interest shown by the Kingdom toward pilgrims exemplifies the principle of Islamic brotherhood and the responsibility to take care of pilgrims,” a pilgrim said.

Pilgrims returning to Egypt expressed their happiness and pleasure at the completion of the rituals, praising the level of services provided by government agencies throughout their stay.

Saeed Abu Ismail from Alexandria praised the expansion projects carried out at the Grand Mosque, noting that the wider areas allowed pilgrims to move more quickly and easily. For his part, Mustafa Ahmed said Saudi Arabia’s provision of facilities and services cannot be overlooked, nor can their efforts to meet the needs and provide extensive care to pilgrims. He prayed to God to protect the Kingdom’s security, people and leaders.

Mahmoud Abdul Hamid Kholi, from the Eastern Province, also praised the organization and services provided in Makkah and the holy sites, as well as the efforts of security officials to prevent the entry of bags into the Jamrat Bridge.

Hadi Al-Hassani from Tunisia specifically praised the health services and disease-prevention programs. “The ease and convenience felt in the performance of rituals in a spiritual atmosphere is due to the great attention of officials,” he said, praying to God to reward Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman for what he offers the Islamic Ummah.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/985476/saudi-arabia

History of Mihrab of Prophet’s (saws) Mosque
Sunday 18 September 2016

MADINAH: The Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah is like a magnet pulling Muslims from across the world who come to pray there and salute Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and two of his close companions.

However, a rich Islamic history lies hidden behind the breathtaking view of the mosque, which is an epitome of modern and ancient art and architecture. Riyazul Jannah (green carpet area), where the original mosque once stood, is the center of attraction for various reasons.

Historians were quoted by local media as saying that the Mihrab facing the first Qibla was at the end of the mosque, from the northern side opposite the Othman gate and next to the fifth column, and to the north at Ayesha’s column.

The Prophet (pbuh) and his followers performed prayers in the direction of Jerusalem after they came to Madinah. However, after the Prophet (pbuh) was ordered to change the direction of the Qibla to Kaaba, he placed the Mihrab from the north of the mosque to the south, and prayed at Ayesha’s column for two or four months.

The Prophet (pbuh) later moved forward and prayed for a few days at another column, where he subsequently placed the Mihrab.

Omar bin Al-Khattab, the second caliph of Islam, later moved the Imam’s Mihrab to the far south. The mosque did not have a curved Mihrab during the Prophet’s time or during the time of the four caliphs.

Sources said that the first curved niche or Mihrab was added during the Ummayad period. The niches varied and include the Al-Rawdah niche, which is on the left of the Mimbar; the Othmani niche on the eastern wall of the mosque from where the imam leads the prayer now; Al-Suleimani niche, which was known as the Hanafi niche to the left of the Mimbar; Fatima’s niche, to the south of the night prayer niche inside the honorable room, and Sheikh Al-Haram niche, to the back of Dakat Al-Aghwath.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/986011/saudi-arabia

muhmmad_pbuh_maddenah_monwarah_mosque_mehrab-within-original-masjid-an-nabawi_3.jpg

14294725_316407495387223_2117411482_n.jpg

14361429_10154551566018094_1850950185510295359_o.jpg

14372401_10207058656599908_1370111314545141865_o.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

CsfDIrPXYAAfofg.jpg

CnaD9JrWIAAiW_9.jpg

Haramain train stations to open by end 2017

1474908218910366400.jpg

Tuesday 27 September 2016

RIYADH: The Saudi Railways Organization (SRO) has revised its plans to open new stations in Jeddah, King Abdullah City and Madinah on commercial basis pending full operation of Haramain Railway project by the end of 2017, local media reported.

It is too early to decide whether the stations will operate commercially before the practical operation of the railway project is revised, as it will require maintenance and cleaning costs, a project official told Aleqtesadiah daily.

“Operating the stations will constitute a financial burden on the project management because the key customer, passengers, has not come yet,” he was quoted as saying.

Renting stores and restaurants at Madinah and Rabigh stations and opening them to the public before the train project is operational violates contracts signed with the Spanish consortium, he said.

He said the Spanish consortium will be fully responsible for operation and maintenance of the project over 12 years starting 2017.

He denied works on the project have slowed down, adding that all the project contracts would be completed by the end of 2017.

The railway project will see 35 passenger cars on two-way trips every half an hour between Makkah and Madinah, he said.

Journeys between cities will take different times, as follows: Makkah-Jeddah 21 minutes, Jeddah-King Abdulaziz Airport 14 minutes, King Abdulaziz Airport-Rabigh 36 minutes, Rabigh-Madinah 61 minutes.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/990356/saudi-arabia

“From Saudi With Love...”
803b82c1-db3f-4174-89eb-8a855e8407ce_16x9_788x442.jpg
Faisal Kayal
Thursday, 29 September 2016

Dear Iran,

Just to reiterate my Foreign Affairs Minister Adil Aljubier who quoted a statement by President Ronald Regan that “Facts are stubborn things” and that “We can’t go around them”.

Here are some facts that I would like to share with you about “Hajj 2016”:

- (1.8) Million pilgrims from all over the world.

- More than 300,000 Saudi policemen, and civilians helped in ensuring the pilgrims safety and comfort.

- 24hrs surveillance cameras and helicopters.

- Conducted 27 open heart surgeries during Hajj days for pilgrims.

- Conducted 306 cardiac catheterization during Hajj days for pilgrims.

- Conducted 1630 kidney dialysis during Hajj days for pilgrims.

- Conducted 37 Colonoscopy procedures during Hajj days for pilgrims.

- 12 million food packages and bottled water were provided for free to all pilgrims.

- 1,600 Train rides transported 384,000 pilgrims.

Oh yeah… One more fact:
No “Iranians” = No Problem :)

Yours truly,
Faisal Kayal
A Proud Saudi Citizen

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/blog/2016/09/29/-From-Saudi-With-Love-.html

Man walks from Paris to Makkah to perform Umrah

3398389791.jpg

Ishaq started his journey five and a half months ago and is expected to reach Makkah in 50 days​

October 2, 2016

Manama: A Spaniard who had vowed to walk from France to Makkah to perform Umrah has left Kuwait and entered Saudi Arabia.

Ishaq has reportedly walked for more than 9,000 kilometres since he left the French capital Paris, the start of his journey, about five months and a half ago.

He said that he expected to arrive in Makkah within 50 days based on scientific calculations, Kuwaiti daily Al Rai reported on Sunday.

Ishaq said that the main challenges he had encountered were related to crossing the high mountains.

The report did not specify which countries he passed through on his journey.

At one time, he had to face a snow storm and he had to hide inside his small tent. The weather was so cold that he could not feel his hands or feet.

Ishaq budgeted 5,000 Euros for his trip (approximately 10 Euros a day) for his trip. He reportedly refused to take money from people he encountered on his journey.

In August, a Chinese Muslim arrived in Makkah after pedaling more than 8.500 kilometres from his home in Xinjiang, in northwest China, to perform Haj.

In 2014, a group of Malaysians rode their bicycles from Kuala Lumpur to Madinah in western Saudi Arabia.

The 12 men left from the Malaysian capital and made their way on eight motorbikes and a small van across 12 countries with stops in 53 cities.

The group said the two-month ride was mostly smooth and that the only serious problems they encountered were at the borders of the countries they crossed.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-...mrah-1.1905491

King keen on fast completion of Prophet Mosque expansion work

Madinah-640x411.jpg
Oct 6, 2016

MADINAH — Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman is keen on completion of all the procedures with regard to the expansion of the Prophet’s Mosque and its associated projects in Madinah.

This was announced by Prince Faisal Bin Salman, emir of Madinah, on Wednesday. He said that the King is closely following up the procedures prior to the expansion of Islam’s second holy mosque. Prince Faisal has directed all agencies concerned to present him reports at the earliest possible about the adequate measures to be taken in this regard.

“The committee, which was constituted for the same, is completing its work, the details of which will be announced soon,” he said during a meeting with members of the Madinah Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Saudi Press Agency reported.

On behalf of the people of Madinah, Prince Faisal thanked King Salman for his sublime service to Islam and Muslims as well as to the Two Holy Mosques and the pilgrims and visitors to the mosques.

During a visit to Madinah in July 2015, King Salman approved the revised designs for the Prophet’s Mosque expansion project which includes expansion of the mosque, Darb Al-Sunnah project (3km stretch between the Prophet’s Mosque and Quba Mosque) and rebuilding of the Quba Mosque. The Ministry of Finance said the King reviewed the proposals and the project’s designs within the scope of the large-scale expansion project of the Prophet’s Mosque and other related schemes, which also include the Dar Al-Hijra, King Salman Center for Conferences, and development of new central area in Madinah.

Meanwhile, Minister of Haj and Umrah Muhammad Saleh Bantan has completed his review meetings with officials concerned at his ministry as well as with representatives of Haj service providers and tawafa organizations about the last Haj operations, with an objective to embrace its positive elements.

He expressed satisfaction over the resounding success of the Haj operation of 2016.

http://saudigazette.com.sa/saudi-ara...xpansion-work/

Prophet's Mosque expansion updates

14572889_686089834880445_7650312384065047141_n.jpg

14522739_686089851547110_2579260370966423267_n.jpg

14572291_686090248213737_5660765948631615425_n.jpg

000-36938861473530042280.jpg

Consuls of 17 countries congratulate KSA for successful organization of Haj

haj_0.jpg
Friday 7 October 2016

JEDDAH: Makkah Gov. Prince Khaled Al-Faisal, adviser to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques and chairman of the Central Haj Committee, has emphasized that Saudi Arabia’s leadership, government and people consider serving the Two Holy Mosques and the pilgrims a national duty and a source of pride for every Saudi citizen.

Prince Khaled was speaking during a reception for consuls of 17 Arab, Islamic and friendly countries, at his office in Jeddah recently. The consuls congratulated him for the successful organization of this year's Haj.

“I assure you on behalf of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman and his crown prince that what the Kingdom is doing toward pilgrims is its duty toward our Muslim brothers,” the governor said.

Prince Khaled confirmed that “the Kingdom, since its inception, has the greatest interest in taking care of the house of God.”

He said during his meeting with the consuls that “the Islam is a systematic approach of life for people and urges coexistence. Hence, we hope that the world lives in peace and that the spirit of peaceful coexistence prevails among all peoples.”

Consul General of Yemen Ali Al-Ayyashi congratulated the leadership, government and people of the Kingdom for the success of the Haj season, pointing out that “the success could not have been achieved without the continuous follow-up by the leadership of Saudi Arabia, led by King Salman, that bears on its shoulders the service of pilgrims and taking care of the holy sites.”

He pointed out that what has been achieved is not surprising for a state that directs all its human capacity to serve the pilgrims.

For his part, Ambassador Mohammed Ahmed, director general of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs branch in the Makkah region, and permanent delegate of the Kingdom to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, said that the world is following with great interest and appreciation the efforts of the Kingdom since its founding by King Abdul Aziz.”

Consul General of France in Jeddah Patrick Nicoloso, on behalf of the European and American countries, thanked Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman for his untiring endeavor in ensuring the safety of pilgrims.

Turkish Consul Fikret Özer, on behalf of the Asian countries, said that “Haj season 1437 AH was remarkable — first thanks to God — and then due to the constructive and continuous guidance of Your Highness and your keenness on the security and safety of the pilgrims.”

On behalf of African nations, Consul General of Senegal Mamdouh Habib said that he “extends his boundless thanks to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the services provided to the pilgrims. Haj season 1437 has seen a great success and Muslims performed their rituals in a faithful atmosphere of security and brotherhood.”

Habib pointed out that the success is due to the studied plans prepared by the leadership in the Kingdom, which had a deep impact in the achievements. The meeting was also attended by consuls of Tunisia, Bahrain, Gambia, Jordan, Pakistan, Morocco, the UAE, Qatar, Egypt, India, Sudan, Kuwait, and Indonesia.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/994751/saudi-arabia

CtReL81XYAA4t5n.jpg

The Expansion of the Holy Haram, Mecca

RIVA KSA is currently handling all aspects of RIVA’s involvement in the expansion of the Holy Haram in Mecca. RIVA KSA performs the installation, operation, and maintenance of elements such as the Moveable and Fixed Skylights, Linear Luminaires, Mashrabiyas that are made entirely of Aluminum with the look of solid wood, Acoustic Ceiling and roller Shutter Gates, Foldable Partitions and Gates, Automated Glass Gates, Screens, Balustrades and Specialized Glass Facades. RIVA KSA is also involved in the design, engineering and construction of these elements.

RIVA KSA has a task force of 250 employees on site in Mecca.

Movable Skylights

The Movable Skylights are huge retractable roofs on top of the South Elevation of the new Expansion of the Holy Haram in Mecca and come up with even a whole set of superlatives: 28m in length, 17m in width, an elaborate construction of stainless steel and glass weighing 300 tons and a total of eight carriers which lift and move the complete roof structure in a most impressive and yet delicate way at the same time

The Movable Skylights are truly one of the highlights of the range of services by RIVA. 54 nodes of solid cast steel retain 237 distinctly interconnected stainless steel profiles to yield an exceptional roof construction which supports multi layered laminated insulation glass panes.

Hundreds of glass prisms are attached on top of glass panes and nodes breaking the incident sunlight into its spectral colors. Underneath the roof construction, gilded blinds face the stainless steel profiles.

This semi-shell shaped roof is located on a 7m high balustrade on top of a nearly 70m high edifice and ventilates an imposing atrium spanning several floors.

The Movable Skylights are built at the highest level comprising multiple safety sensors and is also capable of smoke extraction in case of a fire alarm.

Altogether twelve Movable Skylights are installed on the roof of the South Expansion buildings. They are all to be opened and closed individually or simultaneously by a central control room.

IMG-20150330-WA0001_1-2.jpg

Fixed Skylights

In contrast to the Movable Skylights, the Lower Skylights of the Haram Expansion Building of the Holy Mosque in Mecca turn out smaller in size and cannot be opened. Nonetheless, the Lower Skylights are a masterpiece of its own.

Designed, constructed and built at the same high levels of RIVA’s quality, these fixed skylights let natural sunlight in the atrium beneath. 58 single panes of multi layered laminated insulation glass are supported by a rigid base frame which in turn bears a cleverly thought out construction out of stainless steel profiles.

All components are processed and refined perfectly, gilded covers and additional glass prisms embellish the Lower Skylights to an immaculate appearance.

Twenty fans in each skylight care for sufficient ventilation. Always combined in pairs, the fans are placed in five boxes at each long side under the skylight. The box covers are opened by powerful actuators, allowing the fans to ventilate the atrium in a very efficient way. Of course, the powerful ventilation feature is also meant for forceful smoke extraction in case of an emergency.

160222riva_halle_1_details_5342.jpg

Linear Luminaires

The complete luminaire construction, starting with the substructure including the electrical equipment right through to the gilded decorative plate has been designed, manufactured and assembled by RIVA. This system comes in numerous versions and variations depending on the distinguished applications

Cornice Lightings

Cornice Lightings are powerful single LED lights, which are connected and controlled by a DALI controller. These lighting systems are completely manufactured and tested in Germany. Assembled in groups of 12 lighting fixtures on panels of stainless steel, they are deployed in particular as wall lightings.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Continued

Mashrabiya Made of Aluminium

In the style of a traditional Arabic oriel, which are projecting windows enclosed with carved wood lacework, RIVA has accomplished to manufacture oriels that are made completely of Aluminum and still look as if they are of solid wood.

Intricately machined aluminum components form the body of these oriels. To achieve the convincing appeal of a traditional wooden assembly and therewith integrating seamlessly into the surrounding architecture, while taking advantage of the durability and structural stability of an aluminum construction, each part is individually coated using a specialized coating technique.

RIVA uses its trademark Teflon-based coating system in combination with water transfer printing using custom-built equipment to apply a wood grain effect to components larger in size than technically feasible before.

Using this technique and equipment, virtually any design can be applied to nearly any surface or material allowing for limitless freedom in architecture and design of modern metal structures.

sm2.jpg

sm4.jpg

sm3.jpg

sm5.jpg

sm1.jpg

Foldable Partitions and Gates

RIVA designs and manufactures sliding doors and gates in all conceivable dimensions, designs and performances.

The Foldable partitions consist of individual leaves made of aluminum, which interact in an ingenious way during an opening and closing process: when opening, the seemingly solid wall splits up into its single leaf units and folds them behind one another in order to stow them in a designated room hidden from view.

The dimensions of the largest already implemented solutions range up to 5m in height and 10m in width.

To ensure highest safety standards and rigidity all leaves are interconnected with a tongue and groove system when closed. Yet the custom-designed mechanism is engineered in a way that manual operation of even the biggest gates is possible in case of an emergency or power outage.

Each leaf is milled from a single plate of aluminum to achieve the perfect precision and quality of the structure we are aiming at.

fd1.jpg

fd2.jpg

fd3.jpg

Continued

fd4.jpg

Automated Glass Gates

Another highlight by RIVA are innovative solutions for swing leaf gates. RIVA offers two swing leaf gates and four swing leaf gates in dimensions difficult to imagine. With heights up to 7m and widths up to 14m these gates are mightily impressive.

One single gate leaf weighs up to five tons, for this reason powerful custom made motors are needed to ensure precise and smooth actuation.

RIVA has developed a security and safety concept for its gates and doors, to ensure perpetually safe operation. A weighing scale, touch and pressure sensitive sensors, state-of-the art camera technology and sophisticated control software warrant a reliable and secure opening and closing – the safety of man and machine is always granted.

The gates come in various types, sizes and designs, every gate embraces the nest materials of stainless steel, Aluminum and laminated safety glass, refined with gilding, patented Teflon-based coatings or simply state-of-the-art surface treatment technology.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

Façade Elements and Screens

Ornamental façade elements fulfill several functions. The most essential purpose of a façade is to protect the structure behind, whether it is a plain wall or an opening such as ventilation outlets or small rooms for loudspeaker systems. However, the most obvious reason for cladding an edifice with appropriate façade elements are their beautiful and pleasant appearances.

RIVA is manufacturing high class façade elements and screens by milling the most elaborate ornaments from solid blocks of Aluminum and stainless steel in Islamic architectural and decorative styles. Following century-old historic patterns, RIVA transfers the legacy of Islamic art into state-of-the-art façade technology in a level that has no equal.

By exploring the limits of size and level of detail of the facades, RIVA masters any challenges whatsoever and is always committed to find the best solution. RIVA’s unique and impressive machinery park enables manufacturing one-piece Aluminum façades with 16m in length and 2.2m in width from a single solid Aluminum block. This is a worldwide unique characteristic of RIVA’s services.

The façades are combined with insulated glass panes, gilding or printed-on designs and are protected against environmental influences by the most innovative coating and varnishing methods

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

Last part
Balustrades

The balustrades that are installed at the expansion of the Holy Haram in Mecca usually come in three different types. Either containing glass panes, accurately manufactured and highly ornamented Aluminum screens, or a mixture of both glass and Aluminum between two balusters.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

Specialized Glass Façades

The glass façade structures RIVA engineered for the North Bridges of the Shamiyah Expansion Project are quite unique in several different ways.

The sheer size of the individual insulated glass panes is beyond comparison to date. The 9m high glass façade is comprised of some of the biggest shaped and tempered insulated glass panes of this quality in the world. It is held by a supporting structure which is also made of glass giving it a lightness and elegance that is second to none. Additionally, each glass pane is completed with an elaborate ornament design accentuating the architecture

The glass fins, giving the façade structure the required stiffness and safety, are themselves unprecedented. Comprised of five individually shaped, tempered safety-glass panes that are laminated together. Each glass fin is fitted with milled blocks made of titanium that are joined to the glass fin during the process of lamination. These then inseparable titanium blocks hold the point holders that connect the glass panes to the fins.

All glass façade elements for the North Bridges are constructed at the highest stage. Even the frames are an engineering feat by themselves. Milled with highest precision from massive solid aluminum blocks, they contribute to the quality and the exclusiveness of this project. All aluminum frame elements as well as the nearly 9m long transom beam forming the base office façade element are varnished with a special Teflon-based coating making the surface particularly durable and nearly impervious to pollution and staining.

Below the tall glass façade elements, each arch of the North Bridges is equipped with eight pivoting windows, which are designed to function automatically, controlled by the building management system. These pivoting windows are designed so that they add to the lightweight appearance of the façade elements. They are engineered in an exceptional way and as a result they work without any frames in between the eight individual windows.

The mechanical system hidden in the transom beam underneath operates the windows in such a synchronized method, so each window – when closed – is connected to the adjacent ones and thus forming a weather tight seal.

Custom-engineered to exceed all requirements

All components RIVA is supplying for the Shamiyah project are custom-engineered and manufactured exclusively for this project in order to meet the unequalled standard of quality and durability appropriate for a project like this.

c1.jpg

http://www.rivamiddleeast.com/the-ex...y-haram-mecca/

795_NAZTEC_img1.jpg

Custom Antenna for the automatic translation system is installed at Masjid Al-Haram, Makkah by NAZTEC – Florida.

14650036_690410084448420_9219528852652124320_n.jpg

14713541_695478103941618_8199399394255630820_n.jpg

14729354_694370190719076_6948472774307237010_n.jpg

14183732_669032119919550_7210762048041204905_n.jpg

_DSC6700.jpg

14067433_665477480275014_5707222177162317834_n.jpg

Cw4itrJXgAEuOkB.jpg:large

Saudi to link Holy Sites and Grand Mosque with tunnels

000_Nic486179-640x427.jpg

JEDDAH: The Makkah Region Development Authority approved plans and studies to build service tunnels linking Arafat and Jamarat in Mina via Muzdalifah, and tunnels linking Jamarat with the courtyards of the Grand Mosque in Makkah.

The meeting was chaired by Prince Khaled Al-Faisal, emir of Makkah and adviser to Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, at the governorate office in Jeddah, Saudi Gazette reported.

The plans and studies will be presented to King Salman for final approval and execution on a time-bound basis.

saudi-officials.jpg

The plans also include construction of residential towers on the mountain slope of Mina in a way not violating the sanctity of the Holy Site.

A total of six towers have already been constructed in Mina and these have the capacity to accommodate around 12,000 pilgrims.

The studies also recommended developing the tents in Arafat and making more facilities and arrangements for the stay of pilgrims in Muzdalifah. There are also plans for boosting means of transportation in between the Holy Sites and between Holy Sites and the Grand Mosque.

https://www.samaa.tv/international/2016/11/saudi-to-link-holy-sites-and-grand-mosque-with-tunnels/

Taif airport to be ready by 2020, says Prince Khaled

Project will start in 68 days

taif2.jpg

Makkah Emir Prince Khaled Al-Faisal addressing a meeting of the Taif airport committee in Jeddah on Wednesday.
Dec 8, 2016​

JEDDAH – Prince Khaled Al-Faisal, emir of Makkah and adviser to Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, on Wednesday announced plans to an international airport in Taif and a regional airport in Qunfudah, both in Makkah region.

“The Taif International Airport will be no more a dream. It will become a reality as work on the project will start in 68 days and the airport will be ready by the beginning of 2020,” Prince Khaled said.

“As for Qunfudah Economic Airport, the project’s site was handed over to the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) and the authority has started carrying out studies with regard to implementation of the project,” he said. Prince Khaled made the remarks while speaking at a meeting of the Taif Airport Committee at his office in Jeddah, the Saud Press Agency reported.

Prince Khaled said the modus operandi in the implementation of the Qunfudah airport would be similar to that of the Taif airport.

“Once completed, Taif airport will have a capacity to handle 5 million passengers a year, including Haj and Umrah pilgrims,” Prince Khaled said.

The emir said the airport will be the first mega project to be implemented in Makkah province in line with the Kingdom’s Vision 2030.

The airport, which will be implemented on an area spreading over 48 million sq. meters, is located 40 north east of Taif city, and close to Souk Okaz.

Prince Khaled said the airport project reached the phase of implementation thanks to the great efforts being exerted by the government and private sectors, including the Ministry of Transport, represented by GACA, National Water Company (NWC), and Saudi Electricity Company (SEC). He thanked the Ministry of Transport, which has already started implementing the road leading to the airport, and the Taif Municipality, which has made available land.

The new airport was incorporated in the plan for New Taif City along with the University City, technology oasis, Souk Okaz, a residential township and an industrial city.

“All these projects have passed their design phases and now started the phase of actual implementation,” Prince Khaled said.

The emir was briefed on the reports presented by GACA, Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs, NWC and SEC with regard to the airport project.

The reports showed that work related to infrastructure reached the phase of execution. The emir drew attention to the recommendation in the GACA report that participation of the private sector has expedited the project’s implementation.

The airport will be the main highlight of the New Taif City whose design is based on “A city within a garden.”

The city project will be implemented on a total area spreading 1,250 sq. km with a capacity to accommodate 750,000 residents. Plots of land on a total area of 14 sq. km have been allotted to the Ministry of Housing for building the residential township. It is expected that the technology oasis can draw more than 500,000 citizens.

http://saudigazette.com.sa/saudi-ara...prince-khaled/

taif4.jpg

Support roads between Makkah, Mina proposed

Haj workshop ends with a series of recommendations

mina-640x411.jpg

About 130 experts from 45 government and private agencies took part in the second preparatory workshop for the upcoming Haj in September 2017.​

JEDDAH — A workshop on Haj has suggested construction of auxiliary roads between the Grand Mosque in Makkah (Haram) and Mina, where the pilgrims stay for at least three nights during the peak of the pilgrimage.

The workshop, in which about 130 experts from 45 government and private departments participated, suggested that the support roads should extend to the northern expansion areas of the Haram.

It also proposed to limit the daily intensity of the road between Makkah and Madinah to a maximum of 50,000 pilgrims.

It suggested the use of modern technology for cleaning of the Holy Sites and said untraditional methods should be considered for keeping the sacred places perfectly clean, especially during the Haj season.

The workshop called for air-conditioning of all tents in Mina before the upcoming Haj season and said traditional tents in Arafat be replaced by fire-resistance ones or permanent buildings.

It called for adopting measures to avoid the late arrival of pilgrims in the Kingdom and said Dhul Hijja 5 should be the deadline for the arrival after which no pilgrims from abroad should be received.

The recommendations of the workshop will be submitted to Emir of Makkah Prince Khaled Al-Faisal, who is the chairman of the Central Haj Committee.

The participants discussed a number of Haj-related subjects including accommodation, sustenance, transport, reception and send-off, grouping, enlightenment of the pilgrims and others.

It said the Mashaer train stations should be developed to facilitate the embarking and disembarking of pilgrims.

The participants recommended improving the guiding methods in Mina so that pilgrims do not lose their way.

They also said the roads leading to the train stations and the Jamarat Bridge should be shaded to protect the pilgrims from the scorching heat.

The workshop said the sprinklers used to refresh the air in Arafat, Mina and the pedestrian roads should be increased and made more effective.

It called for obliging the Haj companies to contract big national firms to supply food to the pilgrims.

It said the pilgrims should have the freedom to choose their own means of transport to go to the airport according to their own wishes and needs.

The workshop asked the General Authority for Civil Aviation (GACA) to take the necessary measures to prevent crowding by departing pilgrims at airports.

http://saudigazette.com.sa/saudi-ara...mina-proposed/

Mina - 2016

000-6527381891473544204201.jpg

000-787664121473544206109.jpg

000-1377934911473544209313.jpg

CubBOYOXYAAR5q3.jpg

CvXj6dzXgAADK2y.png

Back
Top Bottom