What's new

Make women observe 'pardha': JuD chief (PROBABLE MISQUOTE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed has asked Muslim men to 'make their women observe pardah' and criticised co-education, saying it is perverting the youth of Pakistan.

:lol:

why not make men practice some shame & a big lol @ co-education making student perverted, when these Mullahs are themselves probably the most perverted people on the face of the planet.....

JuD & Al-Huda International, My Goodness they just want you to leave aside whole world, sit & start praying 24/7

no matter how good or bad mullahs are, but no one should disrespect them in front of non muslims.....
If you don't like them then its your choice but do not disrespect them here...:angry:

So what?He can say whatever he wants..After all he is a religious scholar so it is his job...this is the right way to say things instead of restoring to terrorism like Talibans.

Silent Ninja , if you would have read properly before copy pasting you would have read this....

criticized co-education, saying it is perverting the youth of Pakistan.

& meaning of perverted is to lead astray morally & thats the only meaning JuD chiefs means, i am no way questioning the feminists & their attitude towards single sex classes & the funny thing is you are ready to believe western Scientology huh!

& BTW i have been educated in co education since 1st grade i never tended to be a submissive female nor did i ever had a complex of been a female, The submissiveness is developed in females only when they think of themselves as down graded creatures made by God for the sake of so called superior sex

BTW where's the link?

Guys no need to fight over this.Whether we agree with him or not at least he is pushing his views peacefully.

so you trust western research?

A Western Sociological Perspective on Co-Education
Much has been written both in favor of, and against co-educational institutes in Pakistan. Both the proponents and opponents cite apparently valid arguments to support their view. But if we look from a Western sociological perspective, co-education
has been declared as extremely disadvantageous to the female students. Many feminist movements have started an active campaign to get single-sex schools established in large numbers.

So why should co-education be disadvantageous? After all, we have all heard that the school being a miniature form of the society at large, co-education encourages young adults to learn how to interact, much as they would do in the wider society. Co-education also helps, according to its proponents, to inculcate confidence and self-esteem in students as they engage in healthy interaction in classes and extra-curricular activities. Ask these proponents about any moral problems whatsoever. Their answer is that it all depends on you, as an individual, as to how you choose to interact with the opposite sex.

But now, if you examine the Western sociologists and what they have discovered through their research, their studies more or less negate the positive aspects of co-education. In fact, the increasing achievement level of female students has been attributed to the increase in single-sex classes. Single-sex classes along with a female teacher, provides a positive role model for the students, not only in traditionally female-dominated subjects like humanities, but also in subjects like science and engineering. The latter subjects, which were traditionally considered as ‘male domains,’ are now being characterized by increasing female achievement levels. Single-sex classes increase the confidence of female student, according to this interpretation, and results in a more positive attitude to science and technology subjects.

Moving on to the study of individual sociologists, the most notable one is that of Michelle Stanworth, who carried out her study “Gender and Schooling” of A’Level classes. She discovered that interaction in the classroom affected the female students in a very negative way: they got less attention of the teachers, were discouraged from class participation and lacked self-esteem considerably. Her conclusion of girls getting less attention was determined by interviews with teachers. When asked about whom they give the most attention to, the teachers named a male student two and a half times as often as a female student. Most of the teachers felt that it was much more difficult to remember the names of the female students of the class. Discouragement in class participation was determined through the response of the pupils who reported that the male students were four times more likely to join a class discussion, twice as likely to seek help from the teacher and twice as likely to be asked questions. And finally, girls’ underestimation of their ability was discovered when the pupils were asked to rank themselves in terms of their ability, and teachers were asked to rank their students accordingly. In 19 out of 24 cases in which there was a discrepancy between the two rankings, girls had placed themselves lower than their teacher’s estimate and all but one boy placed themselves higher than the teacher’s rank.

Another sociologist, Dale Spender has argued in her book “Invisible Women” that the female students get less attention than male students in the classroom. Spender taped some of the classes she took, in which she tried to divide her time equally between the male and female students. She discovered, however, she only spent 38% of her whole time in interacting with the female students. After a further study, she observed that the female students have to wait for a longer time before they receive any attention from the teacher. Also, the attitude of the male students towards the female student is extremely degrading. She found that the male students tended to insult and abuse the female students. They also had a very dismissive attitude towards them if they took any part in class discussions. Spender concludes that the female students, who come out of such educational systems, tend to be submissive and docile in their later lives, who accept male domination without question.

Allison Kelly’s study “Science for Girls” was mainly focused on why science subjects were considered as male domains and she discovered that the female students are disadvantaged in the science classes, which leads them to study arts and humanities instead. In the science classes, she observed, teachers tended to use examples which were more familiar to the male students. The latter also had the tendency to hog the scientific apparatus and shout answers to the questions asked to the class in general. Similarly, Culley’s study of computing classes concluded that the male students monopolized the computers and created an uncomfortable environment for the female students.

An article by Grenville Phillips entitled “Co-education in the Balance” looks at an alternative point of view in opposing co-education. It argues that the brains of the males and females develop differently. Certain psychological experiments indicate that the left side of the brain is characterized by rationality, and the right side of the brain is characterized by emotions. In females, there is an intact connection between the left and ride sides of the brain, while in males, the connection is broken. Hence, female students are more productive in the sense that they can pay attention to many aspects of their education simultaneously, while the male students can only concentrate on one aspect at a time. This difference in ability of learning can have an impact in mixed-sex classes. One subject can only be taught in one way, so which way is it going to be? One which works for the female students or one which works for the male students?

The above mentioned studies do point towards the fact that mixed-sex classrooms are disadvantaging female students in many ways. Of course the above studies have been heavily criticized as well. But one cannot ignore the fact that if the wider society is characterized by patriarchal relations, such relations tend to reflect themselves in the classroom as well which, as I said in the beginning, is considered as a miniature form of the society as a whole. Can we expect our new generation of female students to be independent and self-assured, if they are a product of such co-educational classrooms/schools? Food for thought.

Silent Ninja , if you would have read properly before copy pasting you would have read this....

criticized co-education, saying it is perverting the youth of Pakistan.

& meaning of perverted is to lead astray morally & thats the only meaning JuD chiefs means, i am no way questioning the feminists & their attitude towards single sex classes & the funny thing is you are ready to believe western Scientology huh!

& BTW i have been educated in co education since 1st grade i never tended to be a submissive female nor did i ever had a complex of been a female, The submissiveness is developed in females only when they think of themselves as down graded creatures made by God for the sake of so called superior sex

BTW where's the link?

the link is on the post, i just put it there, just check it! As for "being perverted", he does have a point, more girls get sexually harassed in Co-educational schools. And yeah, your right, men should also practice some shame.

the link is on the post, i just put it there, just check it! As for "being perverted", he does have a point, more girls get sexually harassed in Co-educational schools. And yeah, your right, men should also practice some shame.

didnt saw the link

so i was right when i said boys must also practice some shame & show the manly qualities of 'Sharm & Geharat'(don't know what will be exact english for this) for the sake of which they don't even hesitate to kill their own sisters, why put all blame on women?

Harassment is a phenomena faced by women every where not just schools so this means instead of removing this phenomena women must pay the price? why? Because God Declared us some inferior creatures or because men are worked up at seeing women superior to them?

don't know why Mullahs & Theists always see & discuss women only from a sexual angle, they just love to define women as a property

Last edited:
Women are being pressed and deprived alot in our society, Not even they have the chance to ex their will and the society treats women as they have no rights. That is specifically the reason why the rate of divorce has increased alot. The weakest of the men(The Mullahs in this case) are those who press women deprive them from equal rights..!!!

"Kanjaree is not a gaali, it's a cast of people who are openly associated with prostitution as opposed to the shareef families who ostensibly sell their virgin daughters(without considering their will) to the highest bidder in the name of arranged marriage."

"we are all hypocrites ov varying degrees"

didnt saw the link

so i was right when i said boys must also practice some shame & show the manly qualities of 'Sharm & Geharat'(don't know what will be exact english for this) for the sake of which they don't even hesitate to kill their own sisters, why put all blame on women?

Harassment is a phenomena faced by women every where not just schools so this means instead of removing this phenomena women must pay the price? why? Because God Declared us some inferior creatures or because men are worked up at seeing women superior to them?

don't know why Mullahs & Theists always see & discuss women only from a sexual angle, they just love to define women as a property

No, your wrong, our religion gives women rights, and men are no angels, men are commanded to keep their gaze low when a woman passes by, and the same applies to women as well! Some Mullahs in Pakistan don't have much Islamic knowledge, and you can't paint all Mullahs with the same color.

Go to this link:

http://www.themuslimwoman.com/herrights/womensrights.htm

as for the link to the article i posted, i don't know why it isn't showing up, check again!

No, your wrong, our religion gives women rights, and men are no angels, men are commanded to keep their gaze low when a woman passes by, and the same applies to women as well!

Go to this link:

Women's Rights In Islam

as for the link to the article i posted, i don't know why it isn't showing up, check again!

i didnt questioned the validity of any religion & theists, the kind of Islam we follow in our Pakistan is known to every one so stop ranting this is in Islam

i just simply defined the hypocrisy of theists in dealing with women e.g. the logic you gave for perversion is that 'girls get harassed in co-ed institutes' so just eliminate the co-ed

you are yourself proving wrong the word of JuD chief who is indirectly defining women as property of men

No, your wrong, our religion gives women rights, and men are no angels, men are commanded to keep their gaze low when a woman passes by, and the same applies to women as well!

Oh bahi aj kal to suji darhi walay bi bhoondi ka mauka hat se nai gnwatay...:D
you need to show it by an example, not by simply preaching it or arguing with it. will get the job done,BTW Emo pointed out the injustice done to women in our society and Mullahs like these being a major reason behind it, These people are complete freak and an enemy of a progressive society....

Ahh feels good to be a feminist :smitten:

As for "being perverted", he does have a point, more girls get sexually harassed in Co-educational schools. And yeah, your right, men should also practice some shame.
Then that means our boys should be punished for harassing the girls instead of blaming the girls.Think with your brain not with your tool.Anyway I must say Pakistani women are great - They take care of their family well.In Pakistan people have a habit of calling ever girl in jeans a slut or prostitute which is a shame.This mentality has to be changed.Pakistani men just can't resist to keep starting at girls whenever they see a girl.Don't deny that i've seen men looking at girls' ***** and boobs regularly and these people are usually with huge beard.

Oh bahi aj kal to suji darhi walay bi bhoondi ka mauka hat se nai gnwatay...:D
you need to show it by an example, not by simply preaching it or arguing with it. will get the job done,BTW Emo pointed out the injustice done to women in our society and Mullahs like these being a major reason behind it, These people are complete freak and an enemy of a progressive society....

Ahh feels good to be a feminist :smitten:

and since when did i say Mullahs or men for that matter were perfect? seems this Emo just wants to take her anger out at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom