What's new

Majority of Chinese back political reforms

This is too funny...A 'selection' of a leader by an elite group is more transparent to the people than election of a leader by the people. The people is 'guaranteed' of an 'assurance' by said elite group that the new leader is truly qualified to rule. Nope...No fooling the people there...:lol:

How does a Vietnamese have any say in this? The last time I checked, your communist party is corrupted beyond dysfunctionality.

How does a Vietnamese have any say in this? The last time I checked, your communist party is corrupted beyond dysfunctionality.
Who said I have anything to do with the Vietnamese communist party? :lol:

You don't need to say it, isn't a fact according to your favorite logic;
China=Communist country=Chinese-commie.
So Vietnam=Communist country, Vietnamese=Viet-commie.:lol:
And John mccain also said so. :D
That is your 'logic', not mine. :D

That could be too much work. Better that I shoot you then I do not need to 'listen' at all...:lol:...That is how 'meritocracy' in a dictatorship usually works.

Absolutely, but so does having the job of leading the world's most populous country under some (not always so friendly) international relations etc etc.

In terms of proving someone's ability, look at the two guys who are to be the next generation of China's leaders:

Li Keqiang -- grow up in the country side of Anhui, was sent to rural hard labour during cultural revolution, went to Beijing University to study Law and then PhD in economics. He was assigned to govern Henan province at age of 43, one of the poor and populous regions of China, in just 6 years time his economic reforms improved Henan's GDP ranking from 28th to 18th in China.

Xi Jinping -- also endured hard labour during cultural revolution at age of 16, studied chemical engineering at Tsinghua. His first senior post was the governor of Zhejiang province, under his government zhejiang's economy grew an average of 14% every year. Quote from the former Singapore PM Lee Kuan Yew, who described Xi as "a thoughtful man who has gone through many trials and tribulations... I would put him in the Nelson Mandela class of persons. A person with enormous emotional stability who does not allow his personal misfortunes or sufferings affect his judgement. In other words, he is impressive". [Source]

Regardless of what your ideology of a good governance should be founded upon, (by merit or by majority), I have respect for what these two guys achieved and don't think it is that a bad deal at all if China is not led by the mass but by people of their calibre.

Heck, you never know, the alternative could actually be worse -- Liu Xiaobo "nobel prize winner" and former professional blogger could be elected to be the chinese president, just as Sarah Palin could have become the US president (she still might...) ;-)

Last edited:
Absolutely, but so does having the job of leading the world's most populous country under some (not always so friendly) international relations etc etc.

In terms of proving someone's ability, look at the two guys who are to be the next generation of China's leaders:

Li Keqiang -- grow up in the country side of Anhui, was sent to rural hard labour during cultural revolution, went to Beijing University to study Law and then PhD in economics. He was assigned to govern Henan province at age of 43, one of the poor and populous regions of China, in just 6 years time his economic reforms improved Henan's GDP ranking from 28th to 18th in China.

Xi Jinping -- also endured hard labour during cultural revolution at age of 16, studied chemical engineering at Tsinghua. His first senior post was the governor of Zhejiang province, under his government zhejiang's economy grew an average of 14% every year. Quote from the former Singapore PM Lee Kuan Yew, who described Xi as "a thoughtful man who has gone through many trials and tribulations... I would put him in the Nelson Mandela class of persons. A person with enormous emotional stability who does not allow his personal misfortunes or sufferings affect his judgement. In other words, he is impressive". [Source]

Regardless of what your ideology of a good governance should be founded upon, (by merit or by majority), I have respect for what these two guys achieved and don't think it is that a bad deal at all if China is not led by the mass but by people of their calibre.

Heck, you never know, the alternative could actually be worse -- Liu Xiaobo "nobel prize winner" and former professional blogger could be elected to be the chinese president, just as Sarah Palin could have become the US president (she still might...) ;-)

don't be silly, you think US elections matter? that it has "democracy"? the US policy towards the world will never change based on what 1 person says. wall street controls both parties.

also, by representation, we're more democratic than the US. why are only 502 national officials in the US elected, we have 5000.

China is on the way to a political reform.China will let more poors share its economy boom and try to make the whole society more tolerable and justice.Political reform will be the main topic in the next ten years in China.

Back
Top Bottom