What's new

Major operation launched against Maoists, 1,000 troops in Bastar jungles

@Armstrong @Ayush Yaaron enough..take the casual talk to naswar..and mention me in there somewhere so I can join in at a convenient moment...but idher bongyian no maro.

Last edited by a moderator:
76 Policemen got Butchered in 2010 No Retaliation ...One Scumbag Congressi Dies They Launch an Operation....:sick:
Its the State police that launched the attack................I think at that time too BJP was in power in Chattisgarh..................Ask them Scumbag...............

Its the State police that launched the attack................I think at that time too BJP was in power in Chattisgarh..................Ask them Scumbag...............

Nope, the central:

The federal government rushed in 2,000 paramilitary troops to reinforce the 30,000 troops already stationed in Chhattisgarh to combat the rebels, the Press Trust of India news agency reported.

Officials from the National Investigation Agency, established after the 2008 Mumbai attack to fight terrorism, have also been flown in to lead the investigation.

India troops hunt Maoist rebels after 24 killed in attack - World - CBC News

@Desi Guy @Infinity Behave, the both of you. Take the mudslinging else where or just report each others posts if you find something offensive in them. As it is we've got one false flagger who was trolling the thread..we don't need Indians scraping it up with each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed shameful that "only" politican's death invite such a major response.

Any idea on the composition of these forces. The one respite we have is that the naxal tukdis wont be able to escape across state lines into Andhra this time. I always wondered why the Andhra police has been so good at nearly ending the whole naxal issue from there state. I mean the Grey hounds maybe a notch above the general police but they aren't no spec ops unit or anything and yet they've posted many tangible successes?

Any idea on the composition of these forces. The one respite we have is that the naxal tukdis wont be able to escape across state lines into Andhra this time. I always wondered why the Andhra police has been so good at nearly ending the whole naxal issue from there state. I mean the Grey hounds maybe a notch above the general police but they aren't no spec ops unit or anything and yet they've posted many tangible successes?

Current deployed forces? I don't know much, and I doubt they would have any success. They seem more like randomly deployed, for appearance sake.

Au contraire, Andhra police had proper backup from political leaders. It wasn't force alone. Govt had look into and work on core issues. Infra buildup, jobs, presence of governance etc. They had hit hard, with stick, and with diplomacy. And hit on the base of Maoists. Other state govts dont show the will or ability to copy that. Neither has center shown any interest in expanding that model to other states.

Fighting The Maoists With Mantras | Ajai Sahni

What is misunderstood in the uninformed version of the 'Andhra Pradesh model' is that, while the Greyhounds have been a vital element in the counter-insurgency response in the state, they do not exhaust it. Indeed, absent the comprehensive transformation of the police establishment in the state, a 'special force' of this nature would have achieved little, beyond random and probably inaccurate 'kills' – even as it would have become a preferred and extraordinarily vulnerable target of retaliatory attacks by the Maoists.

It is crucial, consequently, to understand, at least in outline, what the 'Andhra Pradesh model' actually is, and where the Greyhounds fit into it.

First, the Greyhounds themselves are not a story of any 'quick and easy' success. The Greyhounds were raised far back in 1989 and, despite significant and continuous successes (and numerous early failures), the turning point in Andhra Pradesh came only in 2007.

The counter-insurgency response in the state was crafted on a thorough understanding of the Maoist 'protracted war' model, and a comprehensive and consistent strategy has been progressively implemented since 1997. Significantly, while the Greyhounds operate as the elite spearhead in operations, the operational capacities of the entire Police Force have been dramatically augmented. All young directly recruited officers in the state, from Assistant Sub-Inspectors (ASIs) to IPS probationers, undergo training at the Greyhound training centres – including field craft, night operations, battle inoculation and jungle survival. All such trainees accompany the Greyhounds on operations. The Greyhounds themselves serve a tenure of just three years, and then are posted into the district Guard, enormously augmented the fighting capacities of district Police Forces.

Moreover, a special force of young officers and men has been created in each district, and district training centres have been established to ensure high levels of capability and motivation.

Crucially, a comprehensive plan for area domination has been implemented, including the fortification of every Police Station and post in the state. The norms that have been established for buildings, protective walls, guarding, lighting, weaponry and manpower for each Police Station and post in Andhra Pradesh are probably unmatched in any other part of the country. There has, moreover, been enormous investment in the modernisation of weapons, communications, transport and support technologies available to each Police Station and Post. The result has been the dispersal of effective response capacities across the state, with higher concentrations and capacities in what were once the Maoist 'heartland' areas. Each Police Station and post, moreover, has not been locked into a defensive posture, but was given the mandate to search out and engage with Maoist cadres wherever they were active.

There has also been an enormous augmentation of intelligence capacities at all levels, with tremendous coordination between the Intelligence and Operations wings (the Greyhounds, of course, also have their own intelligence set-up).

The result has been a complete dominance of the entire territory of the state, and this is the operational context within which the Greyhounds function.

The Greyhounds are a tightly-knit force of extraordinarily well-trained fighters, but to believe that they can perform miracles in regions where policing and reliable intelligence is virtually non-existent is to entirely misunderstand the nature of both Maoist and counter-insurgency tactics and strategy. Indeed, it is only in a country and culture where the lives of the nation's fighting men are valued cheaply, that such a force can so casually and randomly be deployed in areas of such vulnerability as presently exists in Malkangiri.

The lesson of the 'Andhra Pradesh model', crudely put, is that you cannot have a first class counter-insurgency response in a third class Police force. The capacities of the entire force must be raised, before elite units can secure tangible and lasting results.

Already thousands of jawans of crpf and BSF are deployed there whats new in this, nothing is going to happen. Without proper will and integrated approach. CRPF jawans are not well trained in jungle warfare.According to naxals they are only broiler chickens for them.Only they fear when Naga battalions come there. Unless and until proper and specific approach lack situation will be same.

I was talking to my uncle in Raipur and he said one of the guards , told the leader that they are going to die and that he apologized for not being able to protect the leader and shot himself with his last bullet.. is this true.

Already thousands of jawans of crpf and BSF are deployed there whats new in this, nothing is going to happen. Without proper will and integrated approach. CRPF jawans are not well trained in jungle warfare.According to naxals they are only broiler chickens for them.Only they fear when Naga battalions come there. Unless and until proper and specific approach lack situation will be same.

Why the f*** are BSF deployed in Maoists areas ?

Back
Top Bottom