What's new

Major 7.2 earthquake hits SW Pakistan

Last Hope

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: A major 7.2 magnitude earthquake rocked a remote area of southwestern Pakistan early Wednesday, shaking many parts of the country and causing tremors as far away as India and the United Arab Emirates.

The quake was centered in Baluchistan province, the country’s most sparsely populated area, said the United States Geological Service, occurring at 1:30 a.m. local time at a depth of some 50 miles (84 kilometers.

Its epicenter was in a remote area some 200 miles (320 kilometers) southwest of the Baluchistan capital of Quetta, said chief Pakistani meteorologist Arif Mahmood, not far from the Afghan border.

The closest town to the epicenter was Dalbandin, with a population around 15,000 people, and is so remote that the nearby Chagai hills were the site of Pakistan’s 1998 nuclear tests.
There was no word on damage in Dalbandin. But another town close to the epicenter, Karan, suffered no major damage, said Fateh Bangar, Karan’s deputy commissioner. The town was some 45 miles (70 kilometers) from the epicenter, he said.

Nasir Baluch, a police officer in Karan, said several mud houses collapsed or were damaged in an area outside the town called Mashkil. There was no immediate word on casualties, but the area is sparsely populated, he said.

There was no major damage in Quetta either
, but the quake caused widespread panic in the city, said residents.

Local TV reports said the quake was felt throughout several other provinces as well. Many residents in the country’s largest city, Karachi, ran out into the streets once the quake started, said the reports.

Karachi resident Mohammad Zubair said he was watching a cricket match on TV when his bed began to shake.

“I jumped out of bed realizing it was an earthquake,” said the 28-year-old. “My mom started reciting verses from the Qur’an, and we rushed outside.” Tremors lasting at least 20 seconds were also felt as far away as Dubai in the United Arab Emirates and in India’s capital, New Delhi.
Earthquakes often rattle the region. A magnitude 7.6 quake on Oct. 8, 2005, killed about 80,000 people in northwestern Pakistan and Kashmir and left more than 3 million homeless.

Major 7.2 earthquake hits SW Pakistan - Arab News

Ya Allah, why only Pakistan? What have we done? The bad ones should be punished, not the whole Nation :cry:
If other people cant see it, then this is a warning from him, who shows he can do what ever he want and his supreme. Sirf iss Qoum pey hi azzab kiyun? Like the people of Taif, change them instead of this punishment. :cry:

Ya Allah, why only Pakistan? What have we done? The bad ones should be punished, not the whole Nation :cry:
If other people cant see it, then this is a warning from him, who shows he can do what ever he want and his supreme. Sirf iss Qoum pey hi azzab kiyun? Like the people of Taif, change them instead of this punishment. :cry:

??
It's an earthquake,why getting sentimental?
Even i felt it here in New Delhi,while watching India vs South Africa match.
;)

There was no word on damage in Dalbandin. But another town close to the epicenter, Karan, suffered no major damage, said Fateh Bangar, Karan’s deputy commissioner. The town was some 45 miles (70 kilometers) from the epicenter, he said.

There was no major damage in Quetta either

Let me highlight this part. :tup:

what good qualities have we got that we shouldn't deserve such fate ?... we vote for the most rotten shite amongst us (NRO lot) , we take pride in cheating others , we don't honour our word let alone our oath , the most corrupt and fraudsters amongst us rise to the highest ranks , ... need more thought ?

Why you guys blame all natural calamities on bad deeds of yours.. You are not the only country that suffers from such disasters and regarding choosing bad leaders have got nothing to do with it... Leaving too much on Allah is escaping from responsibilities that you were sent for...

These are the punishment for our own corruption..some mullah will argue that we must go more hardcore now but seriously Pakistan has been abusing religion in the name of politics and that must stop now!

Again, please, don't bring religion into EVERY SINGLE aspect of your life. A natural disaster is not caused due to your 'sins'.

@ Electing corrupt politicians does not cause Earthquakes and Floods
@ Cheating people does not cause Earthquakes and Floods
@ Not praying 5 times a day does not cause Earthquakes and Floods
@ Drinking Alcohol does not cause Earthquakes and Floods

I hope you get the point

is so remote that the nearby Chagai hills were the site of Pakistan’s 1998 nuclear tests.
I thought pakistan tested some high intensity nuke hence the tremors.

For those Bharti members who are talking about sins and N.Disasters:

This was clearly written in Quran, the Holy book. We were warned about it, still people dont change. Lets not make this thread a cultural clash.

For those Bharti members who are talking about sins and N.Disasters:

This was clearly written in Quran, the Holy book. We were warned about it, still people dont change. Lets not make this thread a cultural clash.

Granted that I haven't read the entire Quran, but I don't believe it says that EVERY TIME we commit a sin, a natural disaster will happen. Granted it talks about Armageddon and all that, but still, reason with me, ALL natural calamities are caused due to our sins? really? Really? REALLY?

Granted that I haven't read the entire Quran, but I don't believe it says that EVERY TIME we commit a sin, a natural disaster will happen. Granted it talks about Armageddon and all that, but still, reason with me, ALL natural calamities are caused due to our sins? really? Really? REALLY?

I didnot say everytime.
But, the nations that did sins, and fraud and similar things, were given warnings but they didnt listen to it, and they were wiped off the face of the earth.

OK, point taken. But then tell me, if Allah wanted to punish Pakistanis, why did he send an Earthquake, which will affect, as far as I can tell, not only Pakistanis but Afghans and Indians as well?

Was/Is he unhappy with all three countries? Did he try to kill 3 birds with 1 stone?

this was not an earthquake, it was pakistan testing its own version of the tsar bomb.

this was not an earthquake, it was pakistan testing its own version of the tsar bomb.

Really?
Link please?
That means, Dubai and Dammam did it too? :P

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom