What's new

Maiden test of Agni-II Plus failed

look how they play with the names k-15,shourya,now a new name b somethin then a k 4, ofcourse prime.which is which and what is what?

Maiden test of Agni-II Plus slated for Thursday | NetIndian | India News | Latest News from India | Breaking News from India | Latest Headlines

Notwithstanding the inclement weather and incessant rain that lashed the Orissa coast following a depression, all preparations are underway for the maiden test of the Agni-II plus missile tomorrow.
its a beautiful news and i am quite a lot excited...

but i think missiles should be made ready to be tested or launched or be it user trial in any weather conditions. If the missile cannot be launched during bad weather conditions, then we might have a weak deterrence and second strike capability.
Anyways they know better, finally its a technology test, after its successful we can have all weather condition test keeping other para meters on table.

All the best ...

Last edited:
its different ,its a prime
A2+Prime+Photo+by+Karan.jpg

just for comparision agni 2

agni2missile_pic3.jpg

just for comparision agni 2

agni2missile_pic3.jpg

I see no fins in prime and even the Truss joint between first and the second stage is missing. It could now become an SLBM too with justa few modifications. The RV looks quite similar to Agni III .

WoW!!!

The Agni-II Prime looks outstanding...... a futuristic design and aerodynamics!!! :bounce:

Look at the second stage and reentry vehicle!! This s the second long range ballistic missile coming out of DRDO in 2010 after K-4 SLBM. :smokin:

I think they should not take any chance to test the missile for the first time in adverse weather conditions. :coffee:

Screambowl said:
I see no fins in prime and even the Truss joint between first and the second stage is missing.

Yeah this was a surprise, all prev Agnis had Truss joints.

Here is a high resolution pic of the Agni-II Prime... look at the second stage and RV.....

keep finger crossed for today's flight...

Agni-II Prime

4kfd46.jpg

its a new design ,me thinks its long-range version of shourya and its showing the next stage evolution of our missiles .
The dodo is now showing its true colours:devil:

its a new design ,me thinks its long-range version of shourya and its showing the next stage evolution of our missiles .
The dodo is now showing its true colours:devil:

I don't think it has anything to do with Shaurya. The second stage is made of composites.

India tests nuclear capable Agni-II plus missile

agni-lead34.jpg

Bhubaneswar: India on Friday conducted a test of its nuclear capable surface- to-surface Agni II plus missile - a modified version of the Agni II strategic missile - from a defence base in Orissa, defence sources said.

The missile, which has the capability to hit targets 2,500 to 3,000 km away, was tested from a facility off the Orissa coast in the presence of senior defence officials, sources said.

It was tested from Wheeler Island in the district of Bhadrak, about 200 km from here, sources said. Agni II plus is an intermediary between the Agni-II and the Agni-III missiles.

India tests nuclear capable Agni-II plus missile

Back
Top Bottom