What's new

Mahindra & Mahindra race for Aston Martin stake

M & M have grown by leaps in recent years. Aston Martin to its kitty will increase the invest of that struggling car company with a new big markET OF iNDIA.

If India has to buy shares in any aircraft company it should be Rafale, I think India is heading in that direction. Rafale is a one hell of company which has every technology to produce fifth generation fighter jet.

Saab is not a bad start apart from that i am not sure if mahindra have enough money to takeover rafale coz it's not bankrupt in future TATA might consider buying something big like rafale. i wish someday multiple indian companies will compete for the next generation fighter aircraft for IAF.

:rofl: the SAAB company Mahindra plans to buy is the automobile sector not the fighter one.

Its ok i made the same mistake myself

Indians buying Dasault is like chinese buying ISRO...not possible.

Indians buying Dasault is like chinese buying ISRO...not possible.

Both Rafale and Euro fighter are in need of capital inflow and India has cash to buy shares in any of the companies and investment and JV with rafale is not impossibility.

OffTopic: "Mahindra and Mahindra" was "Mahindra and Mohammad" once.. Poor Mohammad , He ran to Pakistan and now he is nothing...

OnTopic: Indian Vehicle manufacturing sector is growing in good pace, lets see the major take over
1. British Royal enfield by Sidhrat lal company
2. Austrian KTM by Bajaj (some 30-35% share)
3. Korean Rexton by M&M
4. Brits JLR by TATA.

Now AM by M&M.. good going India Inc..

i am sure Mahindra do wonders in coming decades.... hope they will replace reliance..... reliance are biggest goons

OffTopic: "Mahindra and Mahindra" was "Mahindra and Mohammad" once.. Poor Mohammad , He ran to Pakistan and now he is nothing...

OnTopic: Indian Vehicle manufacturing sector is growing in good pace, lets see the major take over
3. Korean Rexton by M&M
4. Brits JLR by TATA.

you forget to add daewoo - korean truck com. take over by TATA.

Bid is only for 50% of the company not the entire company, and transfer of technology to Mahindra if it were to win is "questionable" in other words doubtful.

Mahindra shares fall after Aston Martin bid reports - Yahoo! Finance

Not sure why people are getting so excited bringing up James Bond and such, if Mahindra does win the bid that may very well hurt Aston Martin's prestige. Most likely they will give the bid to Invest Industrial, not to some tractor trailer company.

You would love to see it? Why do you plan on buying one? Or just "seeing" one?

Wait till we bid for Bankrupt Pakistan as well and buy them....this will settle Kashmir issue and you then being a part of India may be proude of news like this too........JUST KIDDING :P

3. Korean Rexton by M&M
4. Brits JLR by TATA.

correction on KTM. Bajaj owns 47% (as of Q2-2012)
http://company.ktm.com/fileadmin/corporate/pdf/investor_relations/reports/de/Bericht_Q2_2012_DE.pdf

How many saab sweden have?

This is what I got from wiki. According to this piece of information, Saab which manufactures car was formed out of SAAB the aircraft manufacturer.

Saab /ˈsɑːb/ (or SAAB, an acronym for Svenska Aeroplan Aktiebolaget),[5][6] or Saab Automobile AB, is a Swedish car manufacturer.

It was formed in 1945 out of Saab AB, "Svenska Aeroplan AB (aktiebolaget)" (English: Swedish Aeroplane Limited), a Swedish aerospace and defence company, when Saab AB started a project to design a small automobile.

Dude. he is thefirst Finance minister of Pakistan then become the Governor-General.. That accounts for something..

sweeeeeeettt...jaguar,landrover and now aston martin

Back
Top Bottom