What's new

Mahindra Defence Systems MPV-I: First Drive

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
10051469.cms

I wish there was a way of getting this text to let out a loud evil laugh, for honestly that I how I felt when I first got word that DLSI would in fact bestow the honour of allowing me to drive the MPVI. I am sure that I had a smirk plastered across my face on the days prior to the drive, for it is not everyday that we get to drive a specialized machine designed for the Defence forces; especially one that is designed to take on a mine blast! As excited as I was to just get behind the wheel and drive, I couldn't let my emotions get the better of me and without further adieu, it was time to get down to work and decipher the MPVI.

Mahindra Defence Systems (MDS), a Mahindra division, is one of the leaders in armouring light vehicles in India. The company has supplied over 1000 bullet proof vehicles to the Army, Paramilitary Forces and Central and State Police Departments. Furthering their prospects in the Defence Vehicle production segment is Defence Land Systems India (DLSI), which is a joint venture between Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd and BAE Systems, where Mahindra holds 74 per cent of the stake and BAE Systems retains 26 per cent.

Mahindra Defence Systems MPV-I: First Drive - pictures - Pictures/Videos - News in Pictures | Economic Times

resembles that south african thing.. whatchmacallit??

Wow Superb.....Looks so mean and deadly....Seems India is leaping strides to make its defence the most sophisticated ...:enjoy:

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

10051463.cms

Interior image

resembles that south african thing.. whatchmacallit??

well there not much difference between sidane class cars rite from outside just the,monogram but I don't blame u its always never missed a chance to hit below the belt do u ...........n mahendra is a 6 wheeler but casspir is 4

Mahindra-BAE MPV Blast Test ..pretty impressive:bounce::bounce:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it come with auto gear, would like to stretch the legs of this baby :cheesy:

Yiikes! Just look at that cabin! It sucks to hell and high heaven! That junk looks like it's been cannibalized from a truck of the 50's vintage!

Now have a look at the cabin of TATA's world truck...

attachment.php

In other words, a military truck like the MPV doesn't require this sophistication, right? Comfort and technology seems to be the last thing in the designers minds! Just like the Russians. Jeeez!

attachment.php

In other words, a military truck like the MPV doesn't require this sophistication, right? Comfort and technology seems to be the last thing in the designers minds! Just like the Russians. Jeeez!
mahindra mpv :sick:
mahindrampvislide_6_640x480.jpg

tata's MPV interior ...:P
4367050009_6bd2bdaef3.jpg

Yiikes! Just look at that cabin! It sucks to hell and high heaven! That junk looks like it's been cannibalized from a truck of the 50's vintage!

attachment.php

This is Humvees dash for comparison. And this MPV is based on a Ural truck, so it is a Russian truck basically. Doesnt need to be all fancy.

4026033529_ed37d45f68_b.jpg

attachment.php

It's called being easy to repair and easy to manage. Imagine alot of the stuff onboard was electronic, what would the average Indian solider do? I know they wouldn't be able to repair it considering the amount of training and education they get... It's a truck not an ICV.

Back
Top Bottom