What's new

Magnitude 6.2 Earthquake recorded in North-Western Pakistan

PAFAce

Reaction score
The Dawn News ticker says that a Magnitude 6.2 earthquake has been recorded in Mansehra and surrounding areas (Swat, Malakand, Peshawar), with minor tremors being felt in Islamabad. Please, can anybody from these areas update as to the magnitude?

Magnitude 6.2 is generally not considered very destructive, but in populated regions it can still cause quite a bit of damage. I hope everything is alright.

Update
Correction: Geo News is reporting that the epicenter is near Chitral. Swat, Lower Dir, Shangla and surrounding areas is where the earthquake was felt strongest.

Still waiting for someone to update me, I'm concerned.

The Dawn News ticker says that a Magnitude 6.2 earthquake has been recorded in Mansehra and surrounding areas (Swat, Malakand, Peshawar), with minor tremors being felt in Islamabad. Please, can anybody from these areas update as to the magnitude?

Magnitude 6.2 is generally not considered very destructive, but in populated regions it can still cause quite a bit of damage. I hope everything is alright.

I tried to confirm it no other sources yet, I just hope there arent any causalities. Those areas have been through hell these past years, earthquakes taliban may God have mercy on them

Last edited:
Earthquake felt in upper parts of country

Updated at: 0441 PST, Sunday, February 28, 2010

ISLAMABAD: The shocks of tremor have jolted upper parts of country including federal capital Islamabad, Geo news reported.

According to met office, the areas received the shocks of earthquake included upper and lower Dir, Swat, Bunir, Shangla, Peshawar and Mohmand Agency.

The magnitude of the tremor has yet to be determined, sources said.

Earthquake felt in upper parts of country - GEO.tv

Moderate quake jolts upper parts of country

Updated at: 0458 PST, Sunday, February 28, 2010

ISLAMABAD: A moderate earthquake with an intensity of 6.2 has rattled upper parts of country including federal capital Islamabad early on Sunday morning before dawn, Geo news reported.

According to met office, the areas received the shocks of tremor, included upper and lower Dir, Swat, Bunir, Shangla, Nowshera, Mansehra Peshawar and Momhand Agency.

The epic center of quake was somewhere in Afghanistan under Hindu Kush’s mountainous region, met office told media.

http://geo.tv/2-28-2010/60111.htm

Last edited:
You do guys do know that it was expected after the 8.8 magnatuide earth quack that took place in chile

No shattered it isnt related to chilean earth quake in any sense.....Center of these quakes is chitral

oops sorry my mistake but isn't pak on tusnami warning ?

correct me if i am wrong but is't pak attached with pasific ocen 0-0?

Unless Hawaii is pakistan's fifth province, Pakistan isn't under a Tsunami threat
guys any word on casualities in these areas ?

You aren't good in geography are you?

Pakistan:

cc7d06e7574759c9cb0a9c0049da7447.jpg

XD well tbh i suck at geography and i never stdied pak gegraphy :P. anyways good think your not attach witht the pasific ocen then :P.

i heard newze land and austrlia are gonna be in trouble T_T.

Moderate quake jolts upper parts of country - GEO.tv

ISLAMABAD: A moderate earthquake with an intensity of 6.2 has rattled upper parts of country including federal capital Islamabad early on Sunday morning before dawn, Geo news reported.

According to met office, the areas received the shocks of tremor, included upper and lower Dir, Swat, Bunir, Hangu, Malakand, Shangla, Nowshera, Mansehra, Balakot, Attock, Peshawar and Momhand Agency.

The epic center of quake was somewhere in Afghanistan beneath Hindu Kush’s mountainous region, met office told media.

No loss of life or property was reported, however, people in fear came out of their homes reciting verses from Holy Qura’an, witnesses told reporters.

Alhamdulillah

Moderate quake jolts upper parts of country - GEO.tv

According to met office, the areas received the shocks of tremor, included upper and lower Dir, Swat, Bunir, Hangu, Malakand, Shangla, Nowshera, Mansehra, Balakot, Attock, Peshawar and Momhand Agency.

The epic center of quake was somewhere in Afghanistan beneath Hindu Kush’s mountainous region, met office told media.

No loss of life or property was reported, however, people in fear came out of their homes reciting verses from Holy Qura’an, witnesses told reporters.

Alhamdulillah

Good news jazakallah :cheers:

for any earth quake seismic data goto w w w. pmdnmcc.n e t/seismic/latestearthquakes.asp]Pakistan Meteorological Department [ Latest Earthquakes ][/url] or goto the w w w. pakmet. com. pk]Pakistan Meteorological Department[/url] then look for the latest earth quakes links . Here you can get world updates too in 1 hr otherwise Pakistans updates in 10 minutes!!! Please ingnore the spaces web in the links.

Update
Correction: Geo News is reporting that the epicenter is near Chitral. Swat, Lower Dir, Shangla and surrounding areas is where the earthquake was felt strongest.

Still waiting for someone to update me, I'm concerned.

Back
Top Bottom