What's new

Made in KSA

EMP
aUVpss8-min-690x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Italian Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Luca Ferrari explained that his country has extensive cooperation with Riyadh in the field of military industries, especially in the field of helicopter manufacturing, cybersecurity and cyber warfare.

He added that negotiations are underway to cooperate in the field of localising military industries with the Saudi Company for Military Industries, for the manufacture of frigates and radars.

"We will work with Saudi Military Industries to build a local military industry, not just sell products," Ferrari told Asharq Al-Awsat.

He pointed out that Italy comes after the United States and Britain in cooperation with Saudi Arabia, and its goal to expand this cooperation, because Saudi Arabia seeks to localise the military industries and technologies.

https://aawsat.com/home/article/1213991

Italian Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Luca Ferrari explained that his country has extensive cooperation with Riyadh in the field of military industries, especially in the field of helicopter manufacturing, cybersecurity and cyber warfare.

He added that negotiations are underway to cooperate in the field of localising military industries with the Saudi Company for Military Industries, for the manufacture of frigates and radars.

"We will work with Saudi Military Industries to build a local military industry, not just sell products," Ferrari told Asharq Al-Awsat.

He pointed out that Italy comes after the United States and Britain in cooperation with Saudi Arabia, and its goal to expand this cooperation, because Saudi Arabia seeks to localise the military industries and technologies.

https://aawsat.com/home/article/1213991

I was understanding that Italy was cutting off armament supply to Saudi Arabia because the leader of Italy said that at least.

I was understanding that Italy was cutting off armament supply to Saudi Arabia because the leader of Italy said that at least.
There are arms supplies and there are JVs for transfer of technology.. we heard the same from some media outlets in Spain, but it was rejected by government officials and it was not true..Germany is the only European country that cuts arms supplies to KSA..and it is very symbolic..since those are almost irrelevant arms, like small patrol boats that Saudi Arabia has started making and can get from other sources.. so it is a dull policy, just talk..they can't act on anything, because they do not supply vital weapons to KSA..and now if they want to sell, they'd have to transfer a hefty amount of tech..since they are not trusted with their acrobatic policies..

Dr. Andreas Schwer the Chief Executive Officer of Saudi Arabian Military Industries (SAMI), said earlier today in the national industry development program that they had tested a jet aircraft and two helicopters designs..in two different projects..

Dr. Andreas Schwer the Chief Executive Officer of Saudi Arabian Military Industries (SAMI), said earlier today in the national industry development program that they had tested a jet aircraft and two helicopters designs..in two different projects..
You have the link anywhere?

On the sidelines of the inauguration of the national industry development program..

Agreement to establish a joint entity with French company Thales with a localization rate of more than 50% in the military industries..

industries-1.jpg

Last edited:
On the sidelines of the inauguration of the national industry development program..

Agreement to establish a joint entity with French company Thales with a localization rate of more than 50% in the military industries..
I see, do you have any idea what he's talking about in terms of the jet aircraft? It sounds promising but I could be too far-reaching in terms of the size or purpose of the jet.

I see, do you have any idea what he's talking about in terms of the jet aircraft? It sounds promising but I could be too far-reaching in terms of the size or purpose of the jet.
No idea yet buddy.. not on the jet.. helicopters, I've heard news since 2013.. some TOT and JV with Italy..
The jet can be civilian or military (most likely civilian IMAO).. but interestingly enough.. will the engine be made locally or not.. we'll find out quite soon..

Back
Top Bottom