What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Just went to Nissan Showroom with a friend who wanted to buy the new Nissan Sunny. The price was good but he went instead for last year's model of Nissan Sunny (unused) for a little more than the price of the latest model.

The reason why he decided to not buy the latest model and go for the older model is that the sales person told us that nissan sunny is no longer manufactured in Japan instead they are being made in India and hence the price is less, and we chekced the plate and it was saying made in India.

Thank you sir for spending more money on a 2nd hand car than a brand new one of the same model.

And regd Nissan's India footprint , here you go :

MICRA

310095d1268843896-nissan-india-inaugurates-1-billion-factory-edit-bookings-25th-may-pg-5-dsc05643.jpg

nissan-india-starts-exporting-the-micra-25062_1-500x333.jpg

Production-plant-at-Chennai.jpg

SUNNY

nissan-motor-india-start-production-of-sunny-90.jpg

nissan-motor-india-start-production-of-sunny-89.jpg

^^^^^^^^^

Royal Gujjar, those are some chakaaas vid.'s man, thanks for posting.

Re: my earlier diesel bike post, this got left out, by Royal Enfield:

Taurus, Royal Enfield diesel bike
------------------------------

Taurus-two.jpg

Seems to be a well entrenched and multi 40-50 yrs. established diesel brand.

(c) http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Taurus-two.jpg

TVS Came Out With Below Sexy Concept's
-----------------------------------------

TVS-Taurus-F3-Concept-used-for-illustrative-purposes.jpg

(c) http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/wp-co...F3-Concept-used-for-illustrative-purposes.jpg

TVS-Predator-250-Cruiser-Concept-used-for-illustrative-purposes.jpg

(c) http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/wp-co...er-Concept-used-for-illustrative-purposes.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bike revolution, Indian ishtyle!

Indian bike maker's piling on to diesel bikes, a somewhat kooky idea. Turns out India had a reasonable tradition in diesel motor-cyles all along. Here's a brand new player with an awesome, made-in-india but re-designed in US from diesel Kawasaki, hopefully original.

36142.jpg

Enfield has been making diesel bikes for a long time:

We have been reading about this bike and waiting for it for quite some time. A JV by some small time unit down south.

The platform of course is the venerable tank - the KLR650 thumper. But the motor has been designed for the US Army.

It is rumored to not only run on diesel but almost any other hydrocarbon in a pinch.

Kerosene definitely - but even our Jawa and Yezdi boys were doing that decades ago.

Cooking oil too apparently.

On diesel, the bike would still do a very respectable 140 kmph (the petrol version original does around 160).

But no news for quite some time.

pakistan need to let india deploy its motor industry inside pakistan asap.the f_u_c_k_i_n 1800 cc cars cost 2 million in pakistan.

pakistan need to let india deploy its motor industry inside pakistan asap.the f_u_c_k_i_n 1800 cc cars cost 2 million in pakistan.

Hey man, take it easy.
Just convince your country-men (on this forum and Hafizzz Sayeed) and voila; you can get the wheels (cars and bikes) of your choice and to suit every pocket. From economy class to luxury class. You want it, we got it.

That's not so bad man.

That's about 1.1 million Indian rupees.

Which is around the price for a Civic or a Corolla Altis or the Skoda Laura - all 1800 cc.

My newest toy - a 26 bhp KTM Duke 200 (manufactured by Bajaj at their plant in Chakan).

1.3 Lacs on road here.

Its 15 bhp125 younger sibling (also made by Bajaj at Chakan) sells in Europe for around 4500 Euro (3.2 Lacs).

The 200 will soon be launched in the European market at around 6000 Euro (4.2 Lacs). KTMs, like BMWs, are expensive abroad!

Early next year, we should be getting a 40-45 bhp KTM (Duke?) 350 as well. Also to be made by Bajaj at Chakan.

Bajaj-KTM-Duke-200-launched-India-at-price-of-Rs-117500-6.jpg

Cars in Pakistan are Cheaper than in India..it is a wrong perception that in India Cars are cheap like a chocolate!

Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8litre petrol base model sells in India for approximately ₹1200000, equivalent to 2160000 Pakistani Rupees. Where as in Pakistan Corolla altis costs, it is much less around 18lakh Pakistani rupees. although, I agree toyota pakistan range got 1.6litre models only.
(toyota corolla is not sold in India)

Cars in Pakistan are Cheaper than in India..it is a wrong perception that in India Cars are cheap like a chocolate!

Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8litre petrol base model sells in India for approximately ₹1200000, equivalent to 2160000 Pakistani Rupees. Where as in Pakistan Corolla altis costs, it is much less around 18lakh Pakistani rupees. although, I agree toyota pakistan range got 1.6litre models only.
(toyota corolla is not sold in India)

Well get me an equivalent model to that of Tata indica or Mahindra Scorpio or XUV that you have in Pakistan for the same price range or a similar range. BTW in India we have got Toyota corolla and the camry as well. and toyota joining hands with Kirloskar in setting up plants in India would surely bring down the price range. Indigenous and domestic manufacturing base is the key for reduced price which Pakistan severely lacks. My familiy runs a camshaft manufacturing company and I know for sure how effective is to source components from companies like us spread across Maharashtra, Gujarat and Tamilnadu for auto giants like Tata, Mahindra, Ford, chevrolet and Volkswagen.

Well I want to summarise my point stating that in India car has become more affordable than probably it is in Pakistan (cheaper or not is a different question all together - affordability is the key).

Hey look at this, an as yet unamed LSV prototype by Mahindra:

lsv1.png

Looks good, could be really useful for SF.

Well get me an equivalent model to that of Tata indica or Mahindra Scorpio or XUV that you have in Pakistan for the same price range or a similar range. BTW in India we have got Toyota corolla and the camry as well. and toyota joining hands with Kirloskar in setting up plants in India would surely bring down the price range. Indigenous and domestic manufacturing base is the key for reduced price which Pakistan severely lacks. My familiy runs a camshaft manufacturing company and I know for sure how effective is to source components from companies like us spread across Maharashtra, Gujarat and Tamilnadu for auto giants like Tata, Mahindra, Ford, chevrolet and Volkswagen.

Well I want to summarise my point stating that in India car has become more affordable than probably it is in Pakistan (cheaper or not is a different question all together - affordability is the key).
affordability - agree. more Indians can obviously increasingly afford Cars.
My example itself is flawed. Altis/Camry are not even the largest selling Cars, but I put it as a example for Pakistanis since in countries like Pakistan, Corollas are sold in large numbers.

Royal_Enfield_cafe_racer.JPG

royal enfield CAFE RACER, will hit Indian market mid next year. 19,00,000/- on road :)

Simbly cant wait.

My newest toy - a 26 bhp KTM Duke 200 (manufactured by Bajaj at their plant in Chakan).

1.3 Lacs on road here.

Its 15 bhp125 younger sibling (also made by Bajaj at Chakan) sells in Europe for around 4500 Euro (3.2 Lacs).

The 200 will soon be launched in the European market at around 6000 Euro (4.2 Lacs). KTMs, like BMWs, are expensive abroad!

Early next year, we should be getting a 40-45 bhp KTM (Duke?) 350 as well. Also to be made by Bajaj at Chakan.

Bajaj-KTM-Duke-200-launched-India-at-price-of-Rs-117500-6.jpg

new off raoder by Hyosung corp.

2012-Hyosung-RT125D-Dual-Purpose-On-Off-Road-Motorcycle-1.jpg

Royal_Enfield_cafe_racer.JPG

royal enfield CAFE RACER, will hit Indian market mid next year. 19,00,000/- on road :)

Simbly cant wait.

This is a demo piece with the entire readymade kit imported from the UK. Hence the quality of finish and attention to detail.

If RE can replicate that here, it might be worth the money. Otherwise its another overpriced underpowered cooki-cutter non-Bullets from the house of RE like its latest UCE offerings.

They are taking customers for a ride. I am so happy that finally other bikes are beating them in the power game, at a much lower price point.

I will still keep my std 500 with me forever. But the LB500 and the C5 I have sold off - before someone accuses me of being a plastic lover! ;)

Once upon a time(during 90s), I dreamt owning a Enfield Bullet 500 which was rare. But, Bullet Mechanic persuaded Me to stay away from it because CI 500 has overheating issue? Another Bullet, I missed to own is Bullet Lighting 535 which looks like Thunderbird..

Back
Top Bottom