What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Long Wheelbase Maruti-Suzuki Jimny Concept
2018-Suzuki-Jimny-Long-Wheelbase.jpg

Since a long -wheelbase Maruti-Suzuki Gypsy is already rolling off assembly lines in India, replacing the Gypsy will be easier in the above format specially since the Army and defence folks are big on them.

We can agree India can do some nifty vehicles.

More relevant, India is over-the-top on 3-5 HP electric motors re: agri. pumps.

Here's hoping the above come together with legendary Indian frugal engg., cheap labour and Globalization.
Result = Sweepstakes on e-vehicles ! There's disruptive opportunities in the Indian market where the establishment marqee OEM's are being forced into innovation e: Govt. and Global pressures.

I predict future Indian $ Billionaire's to come form the above, and a couple of other industries like aerospace (think drones, not 747's).

Global NCAP:

TATA Nexon first Indian made car to get 5 stars.
Mahindra Marazzo first Indian made MPV to get 4 stars.

This includes international brands that manufacture in India.

Long Wheelbase Maruti-Suzuki Jimny Concept
2018-Suzuki-Jimny-Long-Wheelbase.jpg

Since a long -wheelbase Maruti-Suzuki Gypsy is already rolling off assembly lines in India, replacing the Gypsy will be easier in the above format specially since the Army and defence folks are big on them.
The Suzuki Samurai is a capable little offroader due to its small size and light weight.

You instal that cabin on it with its small engine.. the off-road capacity goes down.

If you want a 4 door mini SUV, buy the Vitara.

Jawa is sold out until Sep 2019.

RE 350 sales numbers would be interesting. I think Thunderbird is under more threat than Classic and Bullet, although all models will lose a significant chunk.

Last edited:
The Suzuki Samurai is a capable little offroader due to its small size and light weight.

You instal that cabin on it with its small engine.. the off-road capacity goes down.

If you want a 4 door mini SUV, buy the Vitara.

^^^
Agree, the Samurai had no match @ the time. I have seen so.ething batches Daihatsu. Vitara is good.

Re. all new Jimny long per above, they can go for a rag top Army version like before and a Civvie one too. I'm sure they want to keep customers coming back for more.

Having combat experience where Humveed ruled the imagination, technically speaking India's Gypsy Kings are a class apart. I'm a covert re. its light weight prowess at an impossible price point.

Howzzat ?

Back
Top Bottom