What's new

M&M doesn't rule-out SAAB buy-out

blackops

Reaction score
saab_logo.jpg

As part of its aggressive growth strategy, which includes acquisitions like SsangYong and Reva, Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) could acquire an automobile company that may not be in the SUV space.

Speaking to Autocar India, Pawan Goenka, president – automotive and farm equipment sectors said, “A strategic fit doesn’t mean it has to be an SUV company. A strategic fit may come in different ways like technology, distribution, infrastructure, and assets also”. Goenka was responding to a query on the reported interest of Mahindra & Mahindra in buying bankrupt Swedish car company SAAB.

“The most important thing for us to look at is what would we do that others before us couldn’t do to turnaround a company”, added Goenka. He did not say whether M&M has expressed any interest in buying SAAB or not.

M&M doesn't rule-out SAAB buy-out - News - Autocar India :tup::tup:

M&M should buy out saab will get good amount of technology will also help them in the sedan segment

Might be a good way of getting access to the foreign market, but I don't think Saab will help out that much, I mean look at TATA they got a good deal two luxury car brands that have a good reputation in the foreign market. Even in the US I have seen more Land Rover and Jaguar than Saab.

Might be a good way of getting access to the foreign market, but I don't think Saab will help out that much, I mean look at TATA they got a good deal two luxury car brands that have a good reputation in the foreign market. Even in the US I have seen more Land Rover and Jaguar than Saab.
It sure will give m&m access to international market and a global name they should do what tata did with jlr . Saab had prety nice tech and some great plans for future expansion given the amount of resources m&m have it would not be difficult to make saab up and going again

and here I was thinking m&m s the chocolate would be buying saab :laugh:

Saab automobile has a good R & D base, i also heard Mahindra is trying for Ducati

an indian company contemplating buying an ******** and our indian members are talking about chocolates?
:hitwall:

an indian company contemplating buying an aerospace military major and our indian members are talking about chocolates?
:hitwall:

Its Saab automobile , lol

I doubt Saab AB will ever go bankrupt and be for bidding , i doubt any defence company ever will go bankrupt.

Back
Top Bottom