What's new

Lucky escape for 180 after Karachi ATC misleads city-bound Air India flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case, they shouldn't be reporting them. Wrong information being propagated is worse than no information.

I'd go so far as to say - fire their backsides for not being at the top of their game.

Same non sense again. Wrong frequencies, well do the journalists even understand what they are writing?

Modern aircraft have a device called Transponder that relays important 3D information of the aircraft to stations on the ground and other aircraft to avoid a collision. There are collision avoidance systems that warn the pilots if their flight path are about to merge with another airliner. You don't need ATC help in this regard, except updating them that you are fine and flying the expected path.

The article is written with jingoism and nothing else. What is it trying to say? You tell me. Maybe i can't comprehend, but let's get this straight, you tell me what you understand Mr Kloitra?

Didn't I mentioned multiple times, that I DON'T GET IT? The only parts I get is that Indian ATC complained that Karachi ATC doesn't cooperate with them. And the other part that some how Karachi ATC gave the plane wrong frequency which led them probably on a collision coarse.

Now it might be misreporting and jingoistic exaggeration. Doesn't matter. Karachi ATC doesn't cooperate - whether it is true or false - nothing can be done on an internet forum. What I want to know is that what possible way for an ATC to lead the plane in wrong direction? Giving a radio frequency obviously doesn't makes any sense. What other input the ATC gives to an advanced plane like that, and how much the plane relies on such information?

Its not about reliability, mistakes happen, happens to Pakistani airlines too. P.s most deadliest mid-air collision occurred in India but does that mean that Indians are unreliable? And a 787 flight with only 191 people on-board sounds rough
first of all,
giggling n laughing in the ATC when there is an emergency at hand is ....well...laughable...speaks volumes
second the mid air collision at chakri dadri, india, was due to the fault of the first officer of the kazakh cargo plane, not the pilots on saudi airline (the other plane), not the delhi ATC (who directed the kazakh cargo to maintain a specific altitude which the first officer failed to convey to the pilot).
plz dig up the internet before saying anything bad.

first of all,
giggling n laughing in the ATC when there is an emergency at hand is ....well...laughable...speaks volumes
second the mid air collision at chakri dadri, india, was due to the fault of the first officer of the kazakh cargo plane, not the pilots on saudi airline (the other plane), not the delhi ATC (who directed the kazakh cargo to maintain a specific altitude which the first officer failed to convey to the pilot).
Read my post again and again until you find me blaming indian ATC for the disaster.

first of all,

There was no emergency at hand. Pilots did not declare emergency. Probably a minor loss of communications.

Didn't I mentioned multiple times, that I DON'T GET IT? The only parts I get is that Indian ATC complained that Karachi ATC doesn't cooperate with them. And the other part that some how Karachi ATC gave the plane wrong frequency which led them probably on a collision coarse.

Now it might be misreporting and jingoistic exaggeration. Doesn't matter. Karachi ATC doesn't cooperate - whether it is true or false - nothing can be done on an internet forum. What I want to know is that what possible way for an ATC to lead the plane in wrong direction? Giving a radio frequency obviously doesn't makes any sense. What other input the ATC gives to an advanced plane like that, and how much the plane relies on such information?

That's why i explained you how ATCs work and how airplanes navigate safely. What the article says is that Karachi gave wrong frequency. Which is absurd since it doesn't make any sense to begin with. Some journalist was pretty bored that he dug up this. Would love to have a chat with him.

There was no emergency at hand. Pilots did not declare emergency. Probably a minor loss of communications.

Yes giggling and laughing like schoolgirls is justifiable in case of "minor loss of communications" when lives of hundreds are at risk. :disagree:

Read my post again and again until you find me blaming indian ATC for the disaster.
thanks for the suggestion sir,
for me, one look is enough.....
i didnt say u were blaming the indian ATC , u blamed the whole indian establishment for the crash.
all i m saying u took the wrong example to justify the exemplary behavior of ur ATC personnel, n that too, not from the regional airports , but jinnah international

Yeah giggling and laughing like schoolgirls is justifiable in case of "minor loss of communications" when lives of hundreds are at risk. :disagree:
How were they at risk? Did the pilot declare Mayday? No. Indian plane was allowed to land in Pakistan few years back when they declared Mayday

Yeah giggling and laughing like schoolgirls is justifiable in case of "minor loss of communications" when lives of hundreds are at risk. :disagree:
Since the rest of the article is apparently without any weight (at this stage), it seriously casts doubt over the authenticity of the information....and hence which part to believe and which not to, makes it hard.

How were they at risk? Did the pilot declare Mayday? No. Indian plane was allowed to land in Pakistan few years back when they declared Mayday

Does a "minor loss of communication" not register as a risk for you ?

Since the rest of the article is apparently without any weight (at this stage), it seriously casts doubt over the authenticity of the information....and hence which part to believe and which not to, makes it hard.

Let me ask you a question outside the purview of this incident-is the ATC laughing or giggling in reponse to a pilot's request responsible or professional behavior ?
Whether the incident was true or not can be easily verified.I hope its not though, for obvious reasons.

No it doesn't, Plane was not in position of landing nor descent.
Thank you for an honest answer.We are done.
I refuse to debate with a person who doesn't think that an aeroplane having communication problems is at a risk.
Donatello ji isko bhi thoda educate karo :D

now there u hit the rite point......yes the indian plane was given the luxury of utmost importance.....which makes me wonder,....when they can do this (facilitating the landing and looking after the passengers very graciously), how can they be so negligent when the flight was on air ??

Let me ask you a question outside the purview of this incident-is the ATC laughing or giggling in reponse to a pilot's request responsible or professional behavior ?
Whether the incident was true or not can be easily verified.I hope its not though, for obvious reasons.

Thank you for an honest answer.We are done.
I refuse to debate with a person who doesn't think that an aeroplane having communication problems is at a risk.
lol.....u cant argue with him.....maybe his boss is rough on him today.

That's why i explained you how ATCs work and how airplanes navigate safely. What the article says is that Karachi gave wrong frequency. Which is absurd since it doesn't make any sense to begin with. Some journalist was pretty bored that he dug up this. Would love to have a chat with him.

The article is wrong. But is there any possibility that an ATC can misguide a plane loaded with advanced navigation system, predetermined flight path and other avionics? If it can, to what extent? Sending it to wrong altitude? Heading?

now there u hit the rite point......yes the indian plane was given the luxury of utmost importance.....which makes me wonder,....when they can do this (facilitating the landing and looking after the passengers very graciously), how can they be so negligent when the flight was on air ??

lol.....u cant argue with him.....maybe his boss is rough on him today.

There is no proof of what ATC actually did. If pilots think they were really laughing, simple, take it off the Cockpit Voice Recorder and show as proof. Now they can do this, no?

I think Pakistan should actually sue Air India and Indian Media in a court. That'll shut em up.

The next thing AI pilots will say is Karachi ATC asked them to land so they can hop a ride to Mumbai. And people like you would believe it because your media reported it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom