What's new

LTTE was created by India

Introvert

Reaction score
By Sunil Jayasiri
Sun, 10 Jun 2007, 13:27:00

Two former commanders of the Army and Air Force last week came down hard on India over comments made by the Indian National Security Adviser that Sri Lanka should not seek weapons from Pakistan or China.

Former Army Chief Hamilton Wanasinghe said India should not tell Sri Lanka from where it should purchase military hardware or not. It is Sri Lanka's choice, so the request is 'unfair'," General Wanasinghe who commanded the Army from 1988 to 1991 told the Daily Mirror.

Praising Pakistan and China for their continued support to Sri Lanka, the former Army Chief also said we had to depend on Pakistan and China at critical points of time in the past. "We can't antagonize those two countries, as they were there when we needed them." Accusing neighbouring India of creating Sri Lanka's conflict, the former Army Commander said India was partly responsible for creating the problem for us. "The LTTE was created by India. That's the truth."

Meanwhile, former Air Force Chief Air Vice Marshal Harry Gunatilake said Sri Lanka had the freedom to go to any country to purchase weapons.

http://nation.ittefaq.com/artman/publish/article_36720.shtml

Praising Pakistan and China for their continued support to Sri Lanka, the former Army Chief also said we had to depend on Pakistan and China at critical points of time in the past. "We can't antagonize those two countries, as they were there when we needed them."

Good news for Pak & China :tup:

I dont much understand the LTTE problem on who created it but I do understand quite some problems have been created by our government only yes the beloved cangres.

What i would like to know here is when did these two personalities spoke on what has been said in the article?

And i fully agree with that India is noone to dictate another nation from where to buy arms or not, but I also consider evacuation of tamil citizens from colombo to be B grade facism.

Velupillai Prabakaran created the LTTE.

Indian agencies got in touch with him and offered support at a later stage. IIRC, it was when Prabakaran got arrested during a 'crackdown' in South India that we made first contact with LTTE supremo.

The extent of support to LTTE and how much it influenced them is subject to debate but we forget there were a few more rebel groups. But then, we're not that interested in studying and learning something. We just found something anti-India. Post it, Flame it.:smokin:

LTTE was helped to a great extend by India, without whose helop they wundt have grown to such lethal level. And its India itself that reined in LTTE.

I dont much understand the LTTE problem on who created it but I do understand quite some problems have been created by our government only yes the beloved cangres.

I've heard many a personal stories of the evils Tamils had to suffer at the hands of the Sinhalese. The SL government were bad with the Tamils. Tamils sought help. We gave'em. So far so good. Then comes Prabakaran with his grand idea of a seperate nation fully independent from SL. That clashes with India's policy.

Prabakaran was smart enough to eliminate other rebel groups and is now the only Tamil rebel leader to whom the Tamils of SL look up to for protection from the SL.

That guy was smart awrite. But his insistence on sovereinity has cost too many lives so far. A time will come when people will ask as to whether it was worth it....

When I read about this post, I was astonished, to inquire more I have invested this Sunday, and what I have got to know seems quite different. First of all this all news of India requesting Lankans not to buy weaponry from China or Pakistan is not at all authenticated anywhere and more importantly had India been the creator of LTTE why did we sent our soldiers to assist lanka from LTTE, the decision of Rajiv Gandhi who was from the party who ruled for all those years when LTTE came into existence? I am radically against using terrorism to attain any goal, but the state of Tamils in Lanka is really the worst. India is a country who never initiated any war in its recorded history of more than 10000 years, being the world's oldest living civilization. I want to hyper link to important articles here first to elaborate logical inference why India should not have created LTTE and secondly a post written by myself for my forum which deals with information about what's happening to Lankan Tamils on their own land. Before that I would like to draw the due attention of our friends here that Pakistan has been talking about LTTE always just to cover its own creations to snatch Kashmeer, is there a single proof that indicate India created LTTE? It's all cooked up by certain radicals who do not want India and Pakistan to come together and justify their acts of erecting their old foreign policy of so called Jihad as veracious. The one which they created to grab advantage against India for occupying Kashmeer. Here are the two articles' links I am pasting:-

rediff.com/news/oct/30dixit4.htm Why India would create LTTE?
phasor.info/phasor1/showthread.php?tid=121&pid=173#pid173 Condition of Lankan Tamils in Lanka and what should India as well as Pakistan should do.
Both can be viewed through hyper text transfer protocol.

Last edited:
good news
sri lanka knows the difference between its friends and enemies unlike zardari

In the early & mid 80's Sri Lanka was prospering and it looked set to equal Thai figures of tourism but India's support of LTTE destroyed not only the industry but the nation.

It is a pity that India is involved with arm twisting all it's smaller neighbours !

By Sunil Jayasiri
Sun, 10 Jun 2007, 13:27:00

Two former commanders of the Army and Air Force last week came down hard on India over comments made by the Indian National Security Adviser that Sri Lanka should not seek weapons from Pakistan or China.

Former Army Chief Hamilton Wanasinghe said India should not tell Sri Lanka from where it should purchase military hardware or not. It is Sri Lanka's choice, so the request is 'unfair'," General Wanasinghe who commanded the Army from 1988 to 1991 told the Daily Mirror.

Praising Pakistan and China for their continued support to Sri Lanka, the former Army Chief also said we had to depend on Pakistan and China at critical points of time in the past. "We can't antagonize those two countries, as they were there when we needed them." Accusing neighbouring India of creating Sri Lanka's conflict, the former Army Commander said India was partly responsible for creating the problem for us. "The LTTE was created by India. That's the truth."

Meanwhile, former Air Force Chief Air Vice Marshal Harry Gunatilake said Sri Lanka had the freedom to go to any country to purchase weapons.

Guess everyone knows about RAW terrorism across the globe... :agree:

India is a country who never initiated any war in its recorded history of more than 10000 years, being the world's oldest living civilization.

You lost my interest on two lines there. Any one up for a guess?

Well Indian army would have finished it for srilanka IPKF had almost rooted out LTTE until some srilankan politicians wanted India out at any cost which were supported by LTTE, then they felled for their LTTE piece talks which enabled them to get stronger again ,now the mess there are is their fault

India is a country who never initiated any war in its recorded history of more than 10000 years, being the world's oldest living civilization

Don't go very far .. India has digested 14 states since 1947 & let alone eaten up our Siachen Glacier which now & than India refuses abandon !

India the so called claimed of Peaceful Ghandhi ideology even when exploding it's nuclear bomb called it a "smiling Buddha" .. India is known to give peaceful names to it's WMD.

India has fought war or had border skirmishes with all it's neighbours ! & you call it a peaceful country !

Research and Analysis Wing [RAW] - India Intelligence Agencies

Research and Analysis Wing [RAW]
The Research and Analysis Wing [RAW] is India's foreign intelligence agency. RAW has become an effective instrument of Indian national power, and has assumed a significant role in carrying out India's domestic and foreign policies. RAW has engaged in espionage against Pakistan and other neighboring countries. It has enjoyed the backing of successive Indian governments in these efforts. Working directly under the Prime Minister, the structure and operations of the Research & Analysis Wing are kept secret from Parliament.

Founded in 1968, RAW focused largely on Pakistan. Its formation was initially motivated by reports of Pakistan supplying weapons to Sikh militants, and providing shelter and training to guerrillas in Pakistan.

Numerous missions were assigned to RAW upon its creation. These included monitoring political and military developments in neighboring countries that affects Indian national security. Consequently, considerable attention is paid by RAW to Pakistan and China, countries that are traditional rivals of India.

RAW has evolved from its origins as a part of the Intelligence Bureau to develop into India's predominant intelligence organization. In 1968, RAW had 250 agents and a budget of Rs. 2 crore. This has expanded to a 2000 total of an estimated eight to ten thousand agents and a budget that experts place at Rs. 1500 crore, alternately estimated at $145 million.

Pakistan has accused the Research and Analysis Wing of sponsoring sabotage in Punjab, where RAW is alleged to have supported the Seraiki movement, providing financial support to promote its activities in Pakistan and organizing an International Seraiki Conference in Delhi in November-December 1993. RAW has an extensive network of agents and anti-government elements within Pakistan, including dissident elements from various sectarian and ethnic groups of Sindh and Punjab. Published reports in Pakistan allege that as many as 35,000 RAW agents entered Pakistan between 1983-93, with 12,000 working in Sindh, 10,000 in Punjab, 8,000 in North West Frontier Province and 5000 in Balochistan.

RAW has a long history of activity in Bangladesh, supporting both secular forces and the area's Hindu minority. The involvement of RAW in East Pakistan is said to date from the 1960s, when RAW supported Mujibur Rahman, leading up to his general election victory in 1970. RAW also provided training and arms to the Bangladeshi freedom fighters known as Mukti Bahini. RAW's aid was instrumental in Bangladesh's gaining independence from Pakistan in 1971.

During the course of its investigation the Jain Commission received testimony on the official Indian support to the various Sri Lankan Tamil armed groups in Tamil Nadu. From 1981, RAW and the Intelligence Bureau established a network of as many as 30 training bases for these groups in India. Centers were also established at the high-security military installation of Chakrata, near Dehra Dun, and in the Ramakrishna Puram area of New Delhi. This clandestine support to the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), some of whom were on the payroll of RAW, was later suspended. Starting in late 1986 the Research and Analysis Wing focused surveillance on the LTTE which was expanding ties with Tamil Nadu separatist groups. Rajiv Gandhi sought to establish good relations with the LTTE, even after the Indian Peace Keeping Force [IPKF] experience in Sri Lanka. But the Indian intelligence community failed to accurately assess the character of the LTTE and its orientation India and its political leaders. The LTTE assassination of Rajiv Gandhi was apparently motivated by fears of a possible re-induction of the Indian Peace Keeping Force (IPKF) in Sri Lanka and a crackdown on the LTTE network in Tamil Nadu.

RAW was heavily criticized in 1999, following the Pakistani incursions at Kargil. Critics accused RAW of failing to provide intelligence that could have prevented the ensuing ten-week conflict that brought India and Pakistan to the brink of full-scale war. While the army has been critical of the lack of information they received, RAW has pointed the finger at the politicians, claiming they had provided all the necessary information. Most Indian officials believe that in order to prevent another such occurrence, communication needs to be increased between the intelligence agencies, which would require structural reform.

Most recently, RAW has gained attention for providing the US with intelligence on Al-Qaeda and Taliban targets for the war on terrorism in Afghanistan. Maps and photographs of terrorist training camps in Afghanistan and Pakistan, along with other evidence implicating Osama bin Laden in terrorist attacks, were given to US intelligence officials.

Code:
India has digested 14 states since 1947 & let alone eaten up our Siachen Glacier which now & than India refuses abandon
India is intact with the name of "BharatVarsh" since thousands of years, Indus valley civilization which attributes its name "India" never started in 1947, yes it can surely be said that people "ATE" (as you use that word) our parts on the name of religion.

Code:
India the so called claimed of Peaceful Ghandhi ideology even when exploding it's nuclear bomb called it a "smiling Buddha" .. India is known to give peaceful names to it's WMD.

The name Smiling Buddha suggests the purpose of creation of such weapon, if that goes in other way to someone then it shows the intentions and guilt of the recipient.

Code:
India has fought war or had border skirmishes with all it's neighbours ! & you call it a peaceful country !

Had it not been peaceful those skirmishes would have turned into end of those troubles forever in either way.

I am not known to the state of Saraiki movement or its manifestation in Pakistan, and more so about RAW's role into it, so I'm finding myself unable to reply for it but one thing is very eminent that if some nation held events for a cultural group, then there isn't anything wrong in that at all. Other facts stated about RAW are seeming not at all in alignment of stamping India as a non peaceful nation, if someone thinks please highlight it so that we all can find out our problems and sort them out.

Code:
RAW has a long history of activity in Bangladesh, supporting both secular forces
I don't see anything wrong in that and the question of supporting Mukti Vahini, this thing should be understood if some country is attacked, it's obvious that the attacker should be penalise and pay for it, for that this seems inevitable, though I would say penal was lesser in degree.

Code:
During the course of its investigation the Jain Commission received testimony on the official Indian support to the various Sri Lankan Tamil armed groups in Tamil Nadu.
The Jain commission report doesn't say "Official Indian support" anywhere, the fact which came out of box was that a few Indian officials from the state of Tamil Nadu, which were as a federal system "State officials" tried to support the violent movement, then even for talking about it publicly Vaiko had to spent much time in Jail what to speak of supporting the violent movement!

Code:
Centers were also established at the high-security military installation of Chakrata, near Dehra Dun, and in the Ramakrishna Puram area of New Delhi.
Srilankan Military and police get trained in India, you can view their own official government webplaces to verify it, by spreading violence in Lanka anyone can't gain anything and it must be clear when baselessly pointing out finger on a nation.

Code:
RAW was heavily criticized in 1999, following the Pakistani incursions at Kargil. Critics accused RAW of failing to provide intelligence
If a day before of Atal Bihari Vajpayee's pakistan visit, buses between two countries, Agara summit; Musharraf talks about friendship and brotherhood and next day silently stab the knife on the back, then what intelligence rests ethically significant!

Code:
Most recently, RAW has gained attention for providing the US with intelligence on Al-Qaeda and Taliban targets for the war on terrorism in Afghanistan. Maps and photographs of terrorist training camps in Afghanistan and Pakistan, along with other evidence implicating Osama bin Laden in terrorist attacks, were given to US intelligence officials.

That's the duty of every civilized country and responsible human beings to assist authorities in eradication of bigot violent terrorists, who harm the entire mankind for their narrow minded agendas.

Now after this all one very important thing I would like to highlight here that the condition of Tamils in Lanka is going bad to worse, we all should gather up and hail for support to them, srilankan military is blatantly performing an "Ethnic cleansing", which needs to be tackled with immediate attention, thanks for reading.

Back
Top Bottom