What's new

Lt. Gen (R) Tariq Khan speaks

This.

I don't think people truly appreciate the scale at which this manpower operation is carried out. The human network of intelligence in Pakistan, when combined with that of the SB and CTD etc, is truly pretty amazing. More so, the fact that such an old method works this effectively is impressive.
Man/Mole intelligence is best and reliable tool according to Mossad. Who has world best electronic surveillance gadgets.

PTI-led government pretended that all is well with the Establishment in its press conferences. Corruption continued like business as usual with selective applications of accountability. PTI-led government was having its own tussles with the judiciary. Khan's political adversaries managed to regroup and pulled strings in all avenues to their advantage. Soft corner was shown to terrorists/separatists yet again. Terrorism has resurged, not surprisingly. And Supreme Court approved No Confidence Motion against PTI-led government.

Now blameshifting continues as usual. No side wants to admit its mistakes.

I just wonder why Khan could not see this train wreck and step down gracefully to regroup with a new team and take its chances in the next general elections. Is he too self-absorbed to see developing problems around him or he was misled by opportunists?
I honestly think he was restricted in many ways. Coalition govt, estab pressure, apna pressure, he had to please a lot of people. If you come with a very heavy public mandate, then you can take the tough decisions, but he didn't have that.

Jaisay ankhain dikhana shuru ki, he goes. Maybe he thought he could save the govt? Or was he truly as dumb as he said? Kaheen say usay umeed to mil rahi hogi keh this won't happen. Faisal Vawda constantly says he was misled by opportunists. Or was it just wrong calculation?

However, what we do have a lot of is manpower. You know the PIA example....:-) Personnel to aircraft ratio of 260:1...(down from 550:1), the same goes elsewhere too.

This makes me think, that perhaps the complete military complex is just too large to dismantle without sending substantial shockwaves in our economy. For good or for worse, Fauji group, Askari group, cement, banking, fertilizer, gas, O&G, housing etc. provide significant GDP, and shutting them down or something would result in a financial loss.

Kind of like how big the banks and insurance agencies in the US became too large to just let crumble by the Feds in 2008 bailouts. You can't let those giants fall because they provide employment.

Ironically, this was the time when the army did its job. It conducted COIN in North Waziristan and Karachi. This was a marked shift from the paralysis that was witnessed in times of Kiyani and PPP. Something to reflect upon.

PTI-led government pretended that all is well with the Establishment in its press conferences. Corruption continued like business as usual with selective applications of accountability. PTI-led government was having its own tussles with the judiciary. Khan's political adversaries managed to regroup and pulled strings in all avenues to their advantage. Soft corner was shown to terrorists/separatists yet again. Terrorism has resurged, not surprisingly. And Supreme Court approved No Confidence Motion against PTI-led government.

Now blameshifting continues as usual. No side wants to admit its mistakes.

I just wonder why Khan could not see this train wreck and step down gracefully to regroup with a new team and take its chances in the next general elections. Is he too self-absorbed to see developing problems around him or he was misled by opportunists?
It was a coalition government who couldn't do much
Just not helping Jahangir Tareen in corruption, landed them in big trouble.
On the contrary Nawaz Sharif won with 2/3,rd majority and needed no other party to make or sustain government.
Yet they did massive corruption.

On the contrary Nawaz Sharif won with 2/3,rd majority and needed no other party to make or sustain government.
He is the only who got life time opportunity of 2/3 and was in position to bring changes but he was more busy in Daewoo projects multimillion dollar commissions at that time.

Jub Mujeeb ko Ghaddar kha gya tu main chup raha
jub Balochoon ko terrorists kaha aur mara tu main chup raha
jub muhajroon ko Indian kaha aur mara tu me chup raha
jub Pathanoon ko terrorist kaha aur un ke gharoon pe bomb pheky tu main chup raha

aaj yeh aag mere gher tuk pohonch gye, kya ab bhi chup rahoon
a Pakistani Punjabi

N League is a lost cause. I have no expectations from this group.

I am very disappointed in the fact that Khan made promises that he could not deliver when his time came. His coalition was composed of corrupt opportunists and disappointing personalities. But Khan thought that he had A Team. :rolleyes: Those who were politically savvy knew what was wrong with this coalition.

When Khan's political adversaries began to regroup and capitalize on his mistakes, they were taken lightly and subjected to jokes. Khan was too self-absorbed to see the trainwreck he was heading towards.

Who is laughing now?

This country is utterly devoid of farsighted leadership.

I am very disappointed in the fact that Khan made promises that he could not deliver when his time came. His coalition was composed of corrupt opportunists and disappointing personalities. But Khan thought that he had A Team. :rolleyes: Those who were politically savvy knew what was wrong with this coalition.

When Khan's political adversaries began to regroup and capitalize on his mistakes, they were taken lightly and subjected to jokes. Khan was too self-absorbed to see the trainwreck he was heading towards.

Who is laughing now?

Khan wasn't a politician until now. His سیاسی بونگیاں have been epic. For example not sending party representatives to polling stations, when votes were being counted. Nobody else made such obvious mistakes but khan did.
But he is genuine, sincere and not corrupt. Above all he has a vision .
The difference between PMLN supporters and us PTI supporters is that they support an elite family, no matter what.
We support a leader due to his vision.
If he fails and diverts, he will be abandoned.

Khan wasn't a politician until now. His سیاسی بونگیاں have been epic. For example not sending party representatives to polling stations, when votes were being counted. Nobody else made such obvious mistakes but khan did.
But he is genuine, sincere and not corrupt. Above all he has a vision .
The difference between PMLN supporters and us PTI supporters is that they support an elite family, no matter what.
We support a leader due to his vision.
If he fails and diverts, he will be abandoned.
He is not politicians , you can call him philanthropist . From Shukat Khanam hospital chain to Namal University. but..

Last edited:
When we as people understand that we are state, then we will assert ourselves. We come first. Our problem is we give up without a fight. Fight does not mean we go start fighting on the streets. We need to fight with whatever means we have.

I have written so many letters to MPs, government officials and HR origanizations. We should keep pushing. We will inshallah be free.

This is the moment. This moment will never come back. Bhutto, his daughter were all status quo people. They were never our leaders. They were feudals. Similarly, Sharifs were product of political experiment. Imran is different. He is middle class like us and is standing there. He did not run away. So we should have some faith.

May 9 was a planned arson. It was not PTI. But it has been used by establishment and Noon League to frame PTI. This crackdown wont last long.

Who is laughing now?

To answer that very important question who's laughing now? It's our neighbors to the East who are absorbing Foreign Direct Investments at an astronomical rate compared to Pakistan.

Last year India took $ 54 billion, and Bangladesh took $ 1.3 billion we took in $ 2.0 billion; soon that would be routed outside. We've shown the world in the digital age how with a flip of a switch things can change from stable to chaotic.

None to blame but ourselves.

I honestly think he was restricted in many ways. Coalition govt, estab pressure, apna pressure, he had to please a lot of people. If you come with a very heavy public mandate, then you can take the tough decisions, but he didn't have that.

Jaisay ankhain dikhana shuru ki, he goes. Maybe he thought he could save the govt? Or was he truly as dumb as he said? Kaheen say usay umeed to mil rahi hogi keh this won't happen. Faisal Vawda constantly says he was misled by opportunists. Or was it just wrong calculation?

There were opportunists; we have to admit Khan wasn't a seasoned politician for one, and two PPP/N-League seeds were planted decades ago within every agency, and it's grown like an uncontrollable weed in the lawn. You keep pulling it out. There's more that will thrive in its place.

Khan should have put strong hard-liners in various positions but also agreed with Judiciary as they kept being road pumps to his plans.

When we as people understand that we are state, then we will assert ourselves. We come first. Our problem is we give up without a fight. Fight does not mean we go start fighting on the streets. We need to fight with whatever means we have.

I have written so many letters to MPs, government officials and HR origanizations. We should keep pushing. We will inshallah be free.

This is the moment. This moment will never come back. Bhutto, his daughter were all status quo people. They were never our leaders. They were feudals. Similarly, Sharifs were product of political experiment. Imran is different. He is middle class like us and is standing there. He did not run away. So we should have some faith.

May 9 was a planned arson. It was not PTI. But it has been used by establishment and Noon League to frame PTI. This crackdown wont last long.

Let's face it. Women and youth fought. Some men fought. The majority of the people didn't fight and will never fight in Pakistan.

didnt they accept it in the end? how does any of what you said justify kidnappings and torture? arrests even after bail? army led reign of terror?

Back
Top Bottom