What's new

Lt. Gen. Dalbir Singh Suhag likely to take over as new Army Chief

I see...Coz the Gorkha regiment I read about was in British newspapers about them being underpaid by the British so only associated them with British...

@janon @arp2041

The Brits did retain a Gurkha division for themselves as janon correctly pointed out. That division isn't associated with the Gukha division of the IA

The Brits did retain a Gurkha division for themselves as janon correctly pointed out. That division isn't associated with the Gukha division of the IA
Ok thats some insight....But why have the same name? what does the name mean?

Gurkhas are a tribe
Ahh...so are only the people of that tribe allowed to join in that regiment? or was the name adapted due to the large number of people from that said tribe? Just a little curious...Prob my last question on this thread :)

He is going to be an army chief ...not a gladrags model or Bollywood hero !
Achievements and leadership qualities decide and not looks as to who will lead the world's third largest army !!!
Now that is a mature answer :tup: why cant we have more of these type answers than babies?

Ahh...so are only the people of that tribe allowed to join in that regiment? or was the name adapted due to the large number of people from that said tribe? Just a little curious...Prob my last question on this thread :)

The Gurkha regiments comprise mainly if not solely the Gurkha. Their officers and commanders however may be brought in from other divisions.

He just said once and you have never asked him why he said so. But look at you. Waqai you not only are a besharam but a woman of double standard.
Are you drunk or what? Why would I ask him when I know he was here just to make fun of him. If a donkey will hit you, will you hit the donkey back? If yes then what's the difference between you and donkey. Stay out of personal one liners. And how come do you know I am a woman.?

The Gurkha regiments comprise mainly if not solely the Gurkha. Their officers and commanders however may be brought in from other divisions.
ok this is a little confusing...Arent officers and commanders part of a regiment?! :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom