Looking for a SKS rifle

Letum

New Recruit

Reaction score
aslam o alikum everyone
this is my first post on this website

i want to ask a question:
i am very fond of hunting and target shooting for recreational purpose,
I love this gun so damn much "SKS" it is semi-automatic , it it fires 7.62x39 cartridge this is a prohibited bore and is the same cartridge that is fired by an AK-47 since i hate AKs and they are also prohibited from legal civillian ownership i just want to buy this gun,
not the one which is manufactured by norinco (type-56) neither Romanian nor Yugoslavian , i need pure Russian with all geniune parts ,
can u please tell me about any particular Liscenced and trustworthy Gun importers in Lahore Islamabad or in any other big cities of pakistan except karachi and Northen areas bcz i just dont want to go there !!!!
plz , and kindly dont recomend me any alternative bcz i just want to stick with this Gun,
I also want to buy some after market stockings for this gun that will help me to save its genuine stockings as well as they will also help me to give a new look to this Gun....

Kindly also recomend me some conservative places where i can go with my Gun ligelly to do some
shooting .

no idea where you could get sks from. Norinco and yugo are just as good as the russian ones.
Used to be like 250-300 usd or so here.
You can call forestry dept for info where to shoot. They have inspectors in those areas who can come upto you to ask for license etc. Typically we used to go way down on ferozepur road past kahna etc for hunting but that way in mid 80z so not sure where people go now!.

no idea where you could get sks from. Norinco and yugo are just as good as the russian ones.
You can call forestry dept for info where to shoot. They have inspectors in those areas who can come upto you to ask for license etc. Typically we used to go way down on ferozepur road past kahna etc for hunting but that way in mid 80z so not sure where people go now!.
thanks for replying SKS's might be a bit hard to find although not very much as many people think, what about this one "Ruger mini 30" it among my hard and last option.

NO THEY ARE NOT. I had a nice Russian SKS made in 1951. Beautiful craftsmanship. In particular the wood in the stock. Went to look at Chinese and Yugoslavian ones....far less finish (not that this effects the capabilities). Haven't priced them lately....but used to be around $300 at most gun stores. (Late 90's early 2000's). No doubt far more expensive after all the ban talk. PS....mine had the old "sword" style bayonet....most of the copies I saw had the "spike" style. I once split a log with the darn thing.

NO THEY ARE NOT.

Really? a friend had 2 yugos & another had 3 Norincos but now I do remember they had some finishing done.
never paid much attention to the bayo though. A lot of guy at the Rancho Cordova range had em.
Whats the accuracy like?

Its Russian with all parts having same number, fired it on a range few days back too

Yo, post a few pictures!

Really? a friend had 2 yugos & another had 3 Norincos but now I do remember they had some finishing done.
never paid much attention to the bayo though. A lot of guy at the Rancho Cordova range had em.
Whats the accuracy like?

Yo, post a few pictures!

Was accurate out to 300 meters....never used it for targets beyond that range. Like I said, the Yugo, Chinese copies may have the same performance....but I was shocked at how rough they looked compared to mine. (some of the Yugo ones had grenade cups (Launcher....on the barrel, not slung underneath)....thought that was kinda cool...though I doubt you could by grenades for them! I could easily hit a spray-paint can out too 150....I had a friend that would go shooting with me....he couldn't hit a box at 75 (lol...he would walk towards it emptying the clip from his hip....too many movies!) Had a carbon-fiber stock, and a 30 round clip adapter...never really used them much...I liked it in factory configuration. (wood stock, ten-round built-in mag) PS....funny story. My mother had gone on a trip to Russia and brought me back a Russian military cap and kit, so another friend and I took photos of me posing in the Russian kit with my SKS, and him with his tommy. When I asked him for the photos later, the Walgreens had turned them in to the cops! This was when I lived in Cali....you know how they are.

Was accurate out to 300 meters....never used it for targets beyond that range. Like I said, the Yugo, Chinese copies may have the same performance....but I was shocked at how rough they looked compared to mine. (some of the Yugo ones had grenade cups (Launcher....on the barrel, not slung underneath)....thought that was kinda cool...though I doubt you could by grenades for them! I could easily hit a spray-paint can out too 150....I had a friend that would go shooting with me....he couldn't hit a box at 75 (lol...he would walk towards it emptying the clip from his hip....too many movies!) Had a carbon-fiber stock, and a 30 round clip adapter...never really used them much...I liked it in factory configuration. (wood stock, ten-round built-in mag) PS....funny story. My mother had gone on a trip to Russia and brought me back a Russian military cap and kit, so another friend and I took photos of me posing in the Russian kit with my SKS, and him with his tommy. When I asked him for the photos later, the Walgreens had turned them in to the cops! This was when I lived in Cali....you know how they are.
I see!
LOL at the picture incident. I am gonna have to post it up for the guys at Calguns!

sorry brothers i just came to know that civillians are prohibited to keep any automatics or semi-automatic rifles like SKS, rugermini-30's, rugermini-16, AK's, AR-15's,M16's, diffrent carbines all are prohibited even MP5's (9mm),Uzi(9mm) all are prohibited for civillians,
just single bolt action rifles are Non-prohibited till now for civillians but i think they must require a high grade sifarish of MNA or MPA to get proper liscence what a mess, i am cursing myself from the day i discoverd all that ****,
similarly there is also a proper lists of PB bores that cannot be even utillized through a single bolt action rifles, as far as i searched i came to know that 7mm and .300 cartridges are Non-PB's for BA rifles,

i am not sure about .308 and .338 wether they are PB's or non-PB's (well it makes no difference even bcz these bores are so costly and one may not find them easily in market)

7mm's and .300 are good choices for hunting and point target shooting if they are Non-PB's
if somebody here knows wether 7mm's and .300's are Non-PB's or PB's then kindly share it with all of us

thanksss !!!

Back
Top Bottom