What's new

London riots: Violence erupts for third day

Then your education is far from over. Atleast the Police did not kill 100 stone pelters as you did in Kashmir. London is a normal city with normal problems.

After India, I love UK the most because of my alma mater. These riots are hurting me as much as it is to you. Yes, now I recognize that London is a normal city with normal problems; however, I feel, police should be much stricter with the rioters, as was the case with Kashmiri police in Kashmir. Police cannot allow the rioters to loot and run amok and destroy the fabrics of the society. See…now these riots are spreading to neighboring cities. Police should send a stricter message

Why aren't taking help of army when the police is not able to control?

You have a very simplistic take on this. Of course the government is responsible for the choices it has made. They chose to spend money on iraq war, afghanistan etc. They chose to bail out the banks and the rich bankers at a cost to the average man on the street. Tolerance levels are low in the UK they are not used to this way of life. Granted there will be oppurtunistic thieves and bad people out there but just to give you one example as students have been demonstrating here: 25 years ago which is not that long in historical terms the uk has become a country that gave free education and even gave a grant to students for living expenses to study to today they charge up to £9500.00 per annum in england and a student has to fund their own living probably another £10000.00 per annum. Tell me these british governments didnt make these choices. Taxes have been brought down significantly in the same period. Tell me however subtley money has not been taken out of poor peoples pockets and given to rich.
@ARYAN-B

they are all youngsters and teenagers who are an spoiled genrration now....this society failed to teach anything good to their children.

just saw a video on BBC...A youth injured lying on the tosd and other youths muggong him and walking away with hos phone and other belongings...
@safirz

you are right, also the extent to which the STATE influences & shapes the private lives of it's citizens is a contributor towards this mayhem.
the BOLDED PART is my reply to a post by SARFRIZ.

It is better to keep the mouth shut, when nothing 'positive' is expected to come out.

Well the experts are suggesting that Army is last resort. Millions of pounds have been burnt in these riots. What the 'Civil authorities' are waiting for.

London riots: army should be last resort, say experts | UK news | guardian.co.uk

What you mean UK police does nt know how to fire a bullet? If londonistan police is not acting tough it is because of lack of political will to use force. And also to avert backlash. Remember the whole riot thing started only because of use of force by police.

Which sane country will need Army to be called off to handle teenager rioteers and petty looters?

What you mean UK police does nt know how to fire a bullet? If londonistan police is not acting tough it is because of lack of political will to use force. And also to avert backlash. Remember the whole riot thing started only because of use of force by police.

Which sane country will need Army to be called off to handle teenager rioteers and petty looters?

So far police has proven to be unsuccessful in saving the public property, for whatever reasons. The same 'sane' and civilized country is part of bombing on innocent teenagers in other countries. Why not apply the same standard on its own people?

You have a very simplistic take on this. Of course the government is responsible for the choices it has made. They chose to spend money on iraq war, afghanistan etc. They chose to bail out the banks and the rich bankers at a cost to the average man on the street. Tolerance levels are low in the UK they are not used to this way of life. Granted there will be oppurtunistic thieves and bad people out there but just to give you one example as students have been demonstrating here: 25 years ago which is not that long in historical terms the uk has become a country that gave free education and even gave a grant to students for living expenses to study to today they charge up to £9500.00 per annum in england and a student has to fund their own living probably another £10000.00 per annum. Tell me these british governments didnt make these choices. Taxes have been brought down significantly in the same period. Tell me however subtley money has not been taken out of poor peoples pockets and given to rich.
@ARYAN-B

they are all youngsters and teenagers who are an spoiled genrration now....this society failed to teach anything good to their children.

just saw a video on BBC...A youth injured lying on the tosd and other youths muggong him and walking away with hos phone and other belongings...
@safirz

you are right, also the extent to which the STATE influences & shapes the private lives of it's citizens is a contributor towards this mayhem.
the BOLDED PART is my reply to a post by SARFRIZ.

again crap. I can assure u London functions better than any city in Pakistan riots or no riots. Please visit it before making a verbal fart. All people will be punished who are guilty unlike the BB's and ST's killers.

So far police has proven to be unsuccessful in saving the public property, for whatever reasons. The same 'sane' and civilized country is part of bombing on innocent teenagers in other countries. Why not apply the same standard on its own people?

Ok so you say UK army should step in and bomb the hell out of its citizens?

Mate just look few posts up. I already said that UK is not pakistan.

again crap. I can assure u London functions better than any city in Pakistan riots or no riots. Please visit it before making a verbal fart. All people will be punished who are guilty unlike the BB's and ST's killers.

Your PM just said that. I hope your Govt will not fall to the pressure of the so called 'Civil Liberty Groups' and go soft on these hooligans. They should me made to rebuild the same streets that they destroyed.

Your PM just said that. I hope your Govt will not fall to the pressure of the so called 'Civil Liberty Groups' and go soft on these hooligans. They should me made to rebuild the same streets that they destroyed.

Civil Liberty Groups have their own space in our society. Cumbersome they maybe but welcome they are.

How are you so sure about that. I spotted a lot of whites in there. I'm sure the skinheads are making their presence known very effectively.

Even the black community say that, i am not the only one. They even say they are ashamed of the action of those black youth. But on the other hand, this riot has got white and other races as well, so blacks might have many, but they are not the only ones.

Three Pakistanis killed by car during riots in Birmingham
LONDON: Three Pakistanis died Wednesday after being hit by a car during riots in the central English city of Birmingham, officials said, amid reports that they died while trying to protect their community from looters.

Police said they had arrested a man and launched a murder inquiry after the incident which happened at around 1:00 am (0000 GMT) as Britain's second biggest city suffered from another night of riots.

Paramedics said they found around 80 people at the scene after the men were hit by the car. Two of the men were pronounced dead at the scene and the third died later in hospital.

The BBC reported that the men who died had just come out of a mosque and were protecting their neighbourhood during the riots.

Around 200 people from Birmingham's Asian community gathered outside the hospital where the victims were taken and that riot police were also stationed here, the BBC reported.

There was no immediate confirmation of those details from police.

Britain has been hit by four nights of violent rioting. London was quieter on Tuesday night but the unrest spread to other cities including Manchester in the northwest and Birmingham. (AFP)

Back
Top Bottom