What's new

London Olympic 2012-discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might be the impression some people have, but I can tell you it's not at all true. :P Especially when you consider our large population.

We are still playing catch-up in almost all areas compared to the developed world. But we are doing alright now, I just hope the trend continues. :)
hahaha, you just won gold in cycling.

Here is another way to look at the Olympics:

20120804_woc961_0.png

No they didn't win in track cycling... Chinese just got relegated after your British Europeans referees complained and video reviewed. Another cheat going against China.

wait till asia gets the olympics for 2020 and we will equalise all past grievances :agree:

No they didn't win in track cycling... Chinese just got relegated after your British Europeans referees complained and video reviewed. Another cheat going against China.
You do realise that the British pair in that same contest were also disqualified for the same offence?
You mug.

It's an absolute travesty that Pakistan are relying solely on hockey to produce their only chance of receiving a medal. The funding has to increase, because for a nation of 180 mill +, and having only one team represent them at the Olympics is nothing short of embarrassing. We have an abundance of talent, been a dominant force in both squash and hockey, yet have easily relinquished our position as being a dominant force in either sport.

Thankfully, Britain have been doing well today. As for those watching the BBC, some of the people conducting the interviews with the athletes have been atrocious and should be sacked.

I never watched the cycling incident, so I cannot comment. However, if you watched the boxing y'day, Savon(cuban) vs Joshua(Brit), the cuban was robbed of a deserved victory. This has happened too many times in the sport of boxing, especially in the Olympics games, and it has to stop.

On a side note, Indians should be fuming. After the success of Delhi games, I would have thought that Indian would have built on that success, however, they are even more embarrassing than Pakistan, especially when you consider that they've got plentiful supply of funds and a population over 1 billion.

MEDALS TABLE

CHINA 15 GOLD
INDIA 1 BRONZE

WHO IS THE SUPERPOWER!

Come on comparing apples and oranges is not fair. China has invested in a mammoth way in sports because of "national pride" and such. This is a typical communist trait, NK is also doing quite well!The truth is that these results are built on harsh treatment and force of the athletes concerned. USSR and East Germans used to do the same. It also can't hurt that China hosted the Olympics in 2008.

But of course India needs to buck up its ideas, a country of 1.2 BILLION only having won 1 medal so far is beyond a joke. As India and Indians get richer things will change no doubt.

French Swimmer Stuns Olympic Games

The IOC’s refusal to permit a minute’s silence for victims of the Munich terror attack 40 years ago has already provoked a protest from the Italian team, who staged a minute’s solidarity silence outside the Israeli team’s quarters.

Fabien-Gilot-300x173.jpg

Now a French swimmer has found another method of commemoration.

Fabien Gilot, a member of the gold medal-winning 4 x 100 team raised his arm in triumph to reveal a tattoo in Hebrew reading: אני כלום בלעדיהם – in English: I am nothing without them.

He explained that it was a tribute to his grandmother’s Jewish husband, Max Goldschmidt, an Auschwitz survivor and a huge influence on his life.

French swimmer stuns Olympic Games with a silent tattoo | United with Israel

Come on comparing apples and oranges is not fair. China has invested in a mammoth way in sports because of "national pride" and such. This is a typical communist trait, NK is also doing quite well!The truth is that these results are built on harsh treatment and force of the athletes concerned. USSR and East Germans used to do the same. It also can't hurt that China hosted the Olympics in 2008.

But of course India needs to buck up its ideas, a country of 1.2 BILLION only having won 1 medal so far is beyond a joke. As India and Indians get richer things will change no doubt.

South Korea get 7 golds so far...And Khazakstan get 3 ... Wonder how the communism goes over there?

I though you gonna worry more about TGB instead of India.

Very good start from Jessica Ennis. WR in the 100m hurdles for a heptathlete.

India won Silver in 25m Rapid Shooting...Vijay Kumar got it.. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom