What's new

London 2012 Olympics: China's Yi Siling wins first gold medal of the Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully we can win that men taekwondo gold later go china go

Tonight Men's 200m in a moment to start. We have Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake to prevent USA grabbing the gold medal.

Jamaica's Usain Bolt wins the men's 200m final in a time of 19.32.

Yohan Blake comes in in second place and Warren Weir gets third - making it very much a Jamaican 1-2-3. Usain Bolt has just completed the sprint double at back-to-back Olympics.

Despite the Olympics having Taekwondo. Fact is that the majority of martial art schools in the US is either Karate, or Kung Fu.
You need to get out of Chinatown and travel around the world. I have yet to see a Kung Fu dojo outside of Chinatowns. A Kung Fu dojo outside of Chinatowns is as rare as a snow white unicorn.

You need to get out of Chinatown and travel around the world. I have yet to see a Kung Fu dojo outside of Chinatowns. A Kung Fu dojo outside of Chinatowns is as rare as a snow white unicorn.

And you need to get out of K.town.

Its an another fact that if Taekwondo is included in Olympics still karate is missing.

You will be shocked to learn what WKF(World Karate Federation) is doing in order to make Karate Olympic worthy.

In addition to now requiring TWD style body armor and head gear(Karate kumite had none, only gloves and foot gloves), WKF is now assigning 3 points to head kicks. Karate-Kas are furious at the changes this year, saying what's the difference between Karate and Taekwondo now if they start requiring TKD style armor, head gear, and pressure competitors to focus on flash head kicks.

Of course the Korean side is uncomfortable that Karate is now xeroxing TKD competition formet.

I don't live in K. town.

Current medal count

21csgm0.jpg

You will be shocked to learn what WKF(World Karate Federation) is doing in order to make Karate Olympic worthy.

In addition to now requiring TWD style body armor and head gear(Karate kumite had none, only gloves and foot gloves), WKF is now assigning 3 points to head kicks. Karate-Kas are furious at the changes this year, saying what's the difference between Karate and Taekwondo now if they start requiring TKD style armor, head gear, and pressure competitors to focus on flash head kicks.

Of course the Korean side is uncomfortable that Karate is now xeroxing TKD competition formet.

That's something Koreans shouldn't be concerned about. As far as the Korean only cared about such "Korean sport" is included in the Olympics, and showing the world how "great" TKD is, but not being able to stay competitive at their own game, at the same time. Then whatever the attempt of the WKF has, should'nt cause the Koreans any "shocks".

I don't live in K. town.

I would've said the same.

Interestingly enough there is a taekwondo (dojo?) near where I live, and I don't live near Koreatown.

Also Karate is what is taught at the local YMCA, though that information is like a decade old so I'm not sure anymore.

If China just had gotten in other race they could equally or pass the US (in my opinion).

wow, just checked the medal count and the US has widened the gap to 10 medals.

Isn't today like the last track and field day though?

also up by 1 gold, what other gold medal chances are there for China and the US?

If China just had gotten in other race they could equally or pass the US (in my opinion).

It's actually a decent argument in favour of immigration.

In Usain Bolt type events, the field is 100% dominated by those of African descent.

And our biggest hope in track and field (Liu Xiang) was taken out by injury once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom