What's new

lol to the indians who claim pakistani state breeds hate

I hope atleast financial minister knows the difference between million and a lakh.

we should not hope we should pray actually. Hopes are lost with politicians. humain dawa ki nahi dua ki zaroorat hai :lol:

I hope atleast financial minister knows the difference between million and a lakh.

Lolzz i am afraid many on your side done know. even your big media houses use crores and lacs instead of millions/billions terms

Lolzz i am afraid many on your side done know. even your big media houses use crores and lacs instead of millions/billions terms

Nah its the general populace which is more comfortable with lakhs and crores so they use while reporting events. I think there is nothing wrong with that. in day to day almost no one uses millions and billions at least not in my knowledge.

From Goldman sach to statestreet, almost all the reconciliation work is done in India.. It is about habit, there's no big deal in knowing million billion or trillion..

yeah here in india lakhs/crores are used in genral rather then billion/million...and i dont think there is any problem with this....most ppl here aren't aware of million =how much and billion= how much...!

From Goldman sach to statestreet, almost all the reconciliation work is done in India.. It is about habit, there's no big deal in knowing million billion or trillion..

No its a big deal specially when you are in a profession where you have to present your statistics to the world.

I always have a problem with it as here in Pakistan our English media doesnt use desi terms usually in news stories that are followed by the world. So i have to be very very careful and have to confirm before quoting a figure in million and billion instead of lakh and crore.

No its a big deal specially when you are in a profession where you have to present your statistics to the world.

I always have a problem with it as here in Pakistan our English media doesnt use desi terms usually in news stories that are followed by the world. So i have to be very very careful and have to confirm before quoting a figure in million and billion instead of lakh and crore.

Actually its the nature of the work. If the biz or the work process involves foreigners we use the terms billions and millions and are talked about accordingly. But when its Indian clients we go with the desi lingo. I can testify on that as i have worked for both indian and international clients.

Lol i have to agree on this with you Jana I too have faced the same prob :lol:

FYI... There's something called as TA, target audience, if you ignore your target audience then you fail to cater their need... Here media has to cater to the need of Indian population and what they understand best. If you read economic times which is a business news paper you will find these terms as here the segmentation is done according to the audience, and they understand it.. A media house can't just use any jargon and expect people to understand it..

nah they are reading ;)i wonder if it was in marathi :P

Pardon me madam for I did not understand ur point...though I must clarify that I am not interested in talking to you or disturbing you in any way........coz u are already disturbed.....

I think after having a symbol for our own currency now the next step should be using millions and billions rather than lakhs and crores....which is much in line with the current times

Onr thing that seems dangerous is that many of them think that war is the only option and is inevitable....people talking of war without knowing what it is......and equally disgusting is the peace crap....diplomatic offensive seems the only way forward as of now.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom