What's new

Lockheed's stealth C-130 successor revealed

But the arms race is so much fun! Eliminate the arms race? Who can think of such a thing :angry:

YOU EVIL YINDOO :lol: ever heard about something called peace.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

My point is there is so much money thrown into those. Too much in fact.

Come on buddy we talking about US out here they can spend anything and at any amt to get a upper hand on its enemy anyway if this thing gets operational I am sure SA will buy them in bulk too :lol:.

This is what actual terrorist thinking is!!!

If some one do not want to become a part of weapons race then destroy it!!!

Typical american :angry:
Obviously what I said went whooooosssshhh over your head. What is the purpose of a military? Believe it or not, the main purpose of a military is not to conquer but to defend. In that purpose, deterrence is important. If your defense is strong the threat diminish or even never appear. So if you have a casual attitude towards the defense of your country, then yes, your country deserve to be conquered. If you continue to exist, it is because of the benevolence of your neighbors, not because you present any credible deterrence or arms that will give potential adversaries pause.

So yes, I am a typical American. Try US and see.

Obviously what I said went whooooosssshhh over your head. What is the purpose of a military? Believe it or not, the main purpose of a military is not to conquer but to defend. In that purpose, deterrence is important. If your defense is strong the threat diminish or even never appear. So if you have a casual attitude towards the defense of your country, then yes, your country deserve to be conquered. If you continue to exist, it is because of the benevolence of your neighbors, not because you present any credible deterrence or arms that will give potential adversaries pause.

So yes, I am a typical American. Try US and see.

Well, I believe that the purpose of military is to protect your country and if your country do not have enemies than there no need to be a part of arms race.

BTW, can you explain why saudi arabia deserve to be conquered?

Well, I believe that the purpose of military is to protect your country and if your country do not have enemies than there no need to be a part of arms race.

When your defenses are weak, you'd be easy to conquer automatically :)

That's why a military would always go for the best as per defense requirements. There is no such thing as 'waste of money' here.
As far as the Cold War goes, the Soviets kept threatening Western European countries. And of-course, US and anyone for that matter would like being Superpower :azn:

As far as the C-130 replacement goes, I think they stealth transport variant should be used by Special Forces only.

You are still missing the point so let me try again...

If I stake out a piece of land in the wilderness somewhere, the FIRST thing I would do with myself and my weapons is to defend what I claim, not to seek out someone else's claim to take, and regardless of whether I have enemies or not because I do not know if the other guy over the hill is satisfied with his piece of land or not and may want mine.

The issue here is attitude: If you have done all you can with your country's wealth, from the human capital to the natural resources, from allocating for defense, education, trade, etc...And you are conquered by a superior foe, you would earn sympathy from all corners. But if you do nothing or very little and got conquered, in principle, other countries would condemn the conqueror but behind closed doors, they would privately criticize you for what you know is necessary but did nothing about it. As I ages, I balance out my idealism with pragmatism. In principle, if a woman walks nude down the bad street and got assaulted, I would definitely condemn the guilty to the fullest, but behind closed doors, the woman would receive far less sympathy from me than what she would expect. That is human nature.

I do not believe that Saudi Arabia deserve to be conquered out of the blue but if the kingdom does nothing to the best of its ability to defend itself by way of saying so-and-so is just a waste of money because some day there will be a counter to so-and-so weapon system, then IF Saudi Arabia is conquered by a superior foe thanks to that careless attitude, there would be no sympathy to counter my condemnation of the conqueror. I make no apologies for my country's defense spending. I believe we are doing it just right.

Back
Top Bottom