What's new

Lockheed shows interest in building F-16s in India

Very true. But still Ford and Toyota announced new plants for cars to be exported to Europe/ Middle east last month :(

On top of it all, Foxxconn has just invested 5 billion USD for a new plant in Andhra Pradesh and very soon, IPhone will be exported from there

Its better to start boycotting all these companies from today itself bro.... :angel:

Business are now focused on never letting a customer go..instead of forcing their quality controls they have decided to ship all range of qualities and leave the end customer decide back on their pockets..

Much of the SIEMENS automation gear is now available in German and Chinese made versions, quality speaking for itself via 40-60% difference in price...

I am also a distributor for a German product and starting 2015 they have started to ship China and German made version of some of their products used in cut-throat competitive markets...price difference is 50%..

NISSAN along their Made in Japan vehicle also offers Made in India version for fleets and rentals at reduced price...quality cost money...and speaks for itself...

Many manufacturers are able to up their sales by 30-50% by offering a second lower cost version at reduced quality..they know if they wont do this, the market will be left open to cheaper competitors from China and India..eroding their brand market share and value..

India needs 200 lightweight fighters. Between now and 2025 to replace migs.

Usa is such a massive aerospace giant theyvcould supply forty f16 in a new Indian configuration in two years and set up mass manufacturers in. India in three years.

By 2022,iaf could have 80/100.f16in

Business are now focused on never letting a customer go..instead of forcing their quality controls they have decided to ship all range of qualities and leave the end customer decide back on their pockets..

Much of the SIEMENS automation gear is now available in German and Chinese made versions, quality speaking for itself via 40-60% difference in price...

I am also a distributor for a German product and starting 2015 they have started to ship China and German made version of some of their products used in cut-throat competitive markets...price difference is 50%..

NISSAN along their Made in Japan vehicle also offers Made in India version for fleets and rentals at reduced price...quality cost money...and speaks for itself...

Many manufacturers are able to up their sales by 30-50% by offering a second lower cost version at reduced quality..they know if they wont do this, the market will be left open to cheaper competitors from China and India..eroding their brand market share and value..

being a growing and developing country, obviously multinationals won't directly start manufacturing their 'flagship' products. Its loigical that initially they would try to build a plant to manufacture low end or mass produced products.

The same way what LG/ Samsung did in India in early 2000s. Now LG has its 3rd largest manufacturing in India after China/ S.Korea.

Do you know VW/ Skoda had a Indian plant which initially only assembled cars till around 2008? Then they started manufacturing small hatchbacks and lower end sedans at Aurangabad/ Pune for the Indian market. But from 2015, they have ramped up production and the cars are exported to Europe/ S.E Asia.

With a major growing country like India, who by 2020 will be atleast a 5 trillion USD economy, it is inevitable tjat many multinationals will enter into the foray, before its too late and labour costs increase in the next two decades.

Honestly which aircraft would you pick? Decades old aircraft or a few years old aircraft?
lca-tejas-7.jpg

file.php

Like the Griphen proposals, this isnt going to happen. I'll bet on it.

Quality is not the only criteria for people buying things. People buy things based on price too. In fact there are more people buying things based on price than on quality. China would not have been the economic force it is today if quality is the only criteria for people buying things.

As on quality of things made in India, I drive an Indian made Ford Fiesta, I am very happy with quality and driving experience. I never faced any problem in last 3 years with my car.

I don't like this, we don't need F-16s, the Tejas should be our light fighter.

How many aircraft does India want?

Ultimately around 10 squadrons plus some for training purposes. So round about 180-190

Depends under which criteria it is being offered let alone considered. If this comes in then LCA goes out.

I'm not so sure, there might be some interest in this. No one is about to bring that subject up with the PM of all people if there is zero interest. Some chatter in the background.

It's not. FGFA, MKI, Rafale, Mirage UPG, 29UPG, Jags, Tejas, AMCA

And you want to add another different aircraft to this zoo?

I'm not so sure, there might be some interest in this. No one is about to bring that subject up with the PM of all people if there is zero interest. Some chatter in the background.

As long as substantial deal with Dasault is not signed every other contender would be looking get a foot in the door.36 aircrafts leaves space open which others can fill in.

It is but obvious that India has to go for acquisitions exceeding the 36 aircraft currently being discussed as our indigenous aircrafts won't be able to fill the gap qualitatively and numerically for another decade or so.

Just one point:

What does "building" F16 in India actually mean?

Like what is being built in India?

Or is essentially "assemble" in India? Like the Boeing is planning to do with 737 in China?

It's not. FGFA, MKI, Rafale, Mirage UPG, 29UPG, Jags, Tejas, AMCA

And you want to add another different aircraft to this zoo?

Just like they want to add Rafale, this does not seem to be as major a headache as is thought normally. Especially when you need numbers. You need light fighters, the general opinion is that Tejas won't be adding up the numbers anytime soon. Parrikar is on record suggesting such a possibility.

Parrikar made the far-reaching announcement that, in addition to the Rafale, India could buy a second foreign fighter, in the lightweight category, to replace several MiG-21 squadrons that will retire this decade.

"Rafale is not a replacement for MiG-21. LCA Tejas is a replacement for MiG-21. Or, if we build some other fighter under 'Make in India', that is also possible. If we build another single engine [fighter] in India, which is possible, that could be a replacement for the MiG-21", said Parrikar.

Just one point:

What does "building" F16 in India actually mean?

Like what is being built in India?

Or is essentially "assemble" in India? Like the Boeing is planning to do with 737 in China?

Building means exactly that - joint production with India as a base and supply hub. Assembling holds no significant advantage either politically where it would be seen another blow to Make in India or strategically in terms of acquiring production and technological expertise.

Regards

Just like they want to add Rafale, this does not seem to be as major a headache as is thought normally. Especially when you need numbers. You need light fighters, the general opinion is that Tejas won't be adding up the numbers anytime soon. Parrikar is on record suggesting such a possibility.

Parrikar made the far-reaching announcement that, in addition to the Rafale, India could buy a second foreign fighter, in the lightweight category, to replace several MiG-21 squadrons that will retire this decade.

"Rafale is not a replacement for MiG-21. LCA Tejas is a replacement for MiG-21. Or, if we build some other fighter under 'Make in India', that is also possible. If we build another single engine [fighter] in India, which is possible, that could be a replacement for the MiG-21", said Parrikar.

I've heard him say such things like this to the media here and there. But I dont think they'll pull the trigger on this. Unless L.M. really sales it to them somehow.

In terms of numbers, rafales may not fill the void of one MIG 21/27 bird by bird, but obviously capability wise they're replacing several MIGs with one rafale.

This also will eat into the Tejas program as well.

Whats decades old?

Is it structural or the systems/weapons within thats decades old?

Back
Top Bottom