What's new

Lockheed May Pitch F-35 to Rejoin $11 Billion India Jet Contest

Its bad reporting.. MMRCA is done and over with.. This will be for Naval Strike Fighters operating out of the ADS 1 and/or 2

16 pages! and all the US has done is asked for a due diligence on it. assumption is made in the article that it would be ploy to get back into the current deal. That is more of an opinion than fact

Come on this is such a joke! They are going to pitch a 5th generation stealth fighter that not only meets our technical requirements but also TOT requirements!!? :lol: They didn't even let BAE have the critical tech for the jet and they're going to give it to us? JSF partners will eat the Americans apart if that happens.

The requirement is in the coming two years and we cannot wait till JSF comes in freed of its prime partners. This is just a spicy article, guys. Ignore it. A JSF would cost $ 132 million apiece at the least. Not to mention TOT. Go figure.

Come on this is such a joke! They are going to pitch a 5th generation stealth fighter that not only meets our technical requirements but also TOT requirements!!? :lol: They didn't even let BAE have the critical tech for the jet and they're going to give it to us? JSF partners will eat the Americans apart if that happens.

The requirement is in the coming two years and we cannot wait till JSF comes in freed of its prime partners. This is just a spicy article, guys. Ignore it. A JSF would cost $ 132 million apiece at the least. Not to mention TOT. Go figure.

India will be a JSF partner if this is offered and will be only as a JSF partner. now that will include same parameters offered and accepted by other JSF partners. But see my post above- all this is overkill of assumptions by the author of the original article.

We should reopen MRCA so that we will have a good chance to evalute F-35 and stealth design and strike capabilities. Remember IAF will judge it and take decision.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

thats the bad reporting part I was talking of :)
Read the whole article once again

We should reopen MRCA so that we will have a good chance to evalute F-35 and stealth design and strike capabilities. Remember IAF will judge it and take decision.

And join the que of 3000 odd orders of JSF . Their production rate is 20 fighters per year..And i dont think they will be outsourcing any production outsourced to India either for their fighter jet.

Lets all wait for MoD response. They have rejected this proposal earlier. If it happens again , it could be really really funny.

Willing to offer F-35 to India if US govt approves: Lockheed

Le Bourget (Paris), June 20 (PTI) After India rejected its F-16 jets, US defence major Lockheed Martin today said it is willing to offer the latest F-35 stealth fighter planes if the US government approves it.

"The decision has to be taken by the (US) government.

There has not been any discussion between us and the Indian Government," Lockheed''s Martin Director of Communications of F-35 Michael J Rein told PTI here, saying his firm is willing to rejoin the bid for the USD 11 billion fighter jet deal for procurement of 126 Medium-Multi Role Combat Aircraft.

The Indian Government had rejected Lockheed''s offer of F-16 along with another US firm Boeing�s offer of F/A-18 Super Hornet from the race for procurement of the jets.

Rein said the offer of F-35 stealth fighter to India has been mentioned in a draft Senate Bill and it was up to the US Government to take it forward.

The proposal to allow sale of F-35 stealth fighter has brightened the prospects of Lockheed Martin returning to the race for the deal, a top official of an Aerospace firm attending the Paris Air Show said.

Both Boeing and Lockheed Martin had been aggressively biding for the anticipated USD 11 billion deal.

Rein, who is here to as part of Lockheed Martin�s delegation to Paris Air Show, was replying to a question on reports that the US defence major will offer its F-35 jets to India to rejoin the race for the MMRCA contract, billed as one of the largest in recent times world-wide.

Lockheed Martin had offered the F16IN Super Viper to India which was rejected by the Indian government along with Boeing''s F-18 Super Horne and Russian MiG.

India has shortlisted two European contenders, French Dassault Rafale and European Eurofighter for procuring 126 Medium-Multirole Combat Aircraft (M-MRCA) deal for the Indian Air Force (IAF) in April.

However, another executive, not wished to be named, said it would be difficult for Lockheed Martin to rejoin the competition as Indian government has already completed the shortlisting exercise. .

Willing to offer F-35 to India if US govt approves: Lockheed -  International News

US government approval. Well LM can get it , but we will be having all the fun rejecting it. :lol:

how much US f 35 will improve indian aerospace industry is the question..
we cannot deploy 126 planes everywhere....and no more india will b only as customer..
mmrca should improve whole IAF with the technology india gained from it ..
it should be sanction proof too
if that aspect is satisfied my support is for f 35...
US could not agree for TOT of AESA radars in f 16/18 .. so forget it...

not the answer i'm looking for.

think again :devil:

US government approval. Well LM can get it , but we will be having all the fun rejecting it. :lol:

Let me guess..Beacuse India is secretly so far ahead of the U.S.A in stealth tech that you have the Luxury to say no the what the world believes its the most advance air plane to have ever existed? :disagree:

Let me guess..Beacuse India is secretly so far ahead of the U.S.A in stealth tech that you have the Luxury to say no the what the world believes its the most advance air plane to have ever existed? :disagree:

Nope more like there is no point having the worlds best fighter plane, when you can't use to its full potential cause of all the strings and user agreements attached. Are you done with your snide comments now, or are you going to chirp in all the threads?

as soon as JSF evaluation completes we'll have Mig wanting to re-enter with the LMFS and we'll end up never buying a plane:(

That alone tells me how eager the chinese are to get such an oppurtinuty to get the j-35 and reverse engineer it and call it indigenous... LOL
We are in limbo in between j-35 and mmrca because we think we would devlope our own 5th gen AMCA, it will be seriously comprmised with the induction of j-35... with no ToT, the aircraft is useless for us, as we have full faither in eft/rafele to provided us with key compenents and know hows to carry out our developement and research for the AMCA

Back
Top Bottom