What's new

Lockheed Martin plans India-centred global supply chain

Money talks.

When Pakistanis talk as if they can challenge india or be their equal THESE sorts of scenarios CONFIRM the HUGE difference BETWEEN india and Pakistan and their RESPECTIVE clout or standing in the western world.

PAKISTAN struggles to complete an order of 8 block 52 falcoms ... reason usa deprived grant aid.

INDIA - USA offers block 70 AND THE ENTIRE MANUFACTURING BASE ,,,,,,,,,,,

The difference is NIGHT AND DAY

didn't saw any positive gesture about it from IAF side

Don't get your hopes high, Do you know who was the first one to get invited .... :agree:

I would rather suggest you too look for new front line fighter and probably save money to buy spares for existing fighters from black market. :rolleyes1:

didn't saw any positive gesture about it from IAF side

Indian armed forces only speak when they have a major concern like they did when there was a proposal to scrap RAFALE. Now that wish has been met. The fact that there is no talk from IAF on F-16s or Gripens implies they are good with both of these platforms as long a they keep getting RAFALEs as their front line fighters.

Last edited:
Don't get your hopes high, Do you know who was the first one to get invited .... :agree:

I would rather suggest you too look for new front line fighter and probably save money to buy spares for existing fighters from black market. :rolleyes1:

Uh don't worry we can get spares from Turkey

what is DTTI and MII ? So India would be flying different planes from 4 different countries ? I don't know too much technical stuff but isn't that a nightmare logistically ?

DTTI is a Indo-US defense program which facilitates US to share defense technologies with India. MII is more generic policy that applies to all countries and is applicable for non-defense technologies too.

Now coming the IAF's logistics nightmare, it should not be a concern.

IAF has procured and maintained the following in the recent past

SU-30MKI - 300
MIG-29 - 70
Mirage 2K - 40
MIG-21 - 250
Jaguar - 145
MIG -27 - 120

Now by 2025, IAF would have

Super Sukhois - 300
RAFALEs -126
F-16s -200

MIG-29 & Mirage 2K would be getting ready for retirement by 2030 and India would start procuring FGFA and Gripen from 2024

trust me sirji F16 Blk70/72 is what we were waiting all along

1. it has the best Radar and avionocks package

2. it has the best and most compact EW+ECM+Jammer system other than F22 or F35

3. It has the best on board compouter hardware and softwares and DATALINK capacity

4. No other fighter can be mass produced in such a short time as F16 by LM SAAB cant even dream and LM is transferring all that production line , toolins , rigs and facilities to india and has agreed for fast track basis training of owr technecians & experts

5.F16 has the most cost effective and leathel and diverse weapons package of any fighter jet in the world today

More than the technical aspects it the strategic aspects that is the key.

lockheed is already closing it's f 16 facilities. they are just trying to earn some money before no one will buy f 16. all of the countries using f 16s are planning to replace them with f 35. during the next decade almost 1000 f 16 will be retired even before completing their life span.

So The super air force i.e Hindu-stan

is going to get an air plane whose production lines are to stop anyway in country of origin ?

hmmm ..

Don't worry Pakistan will continue to receive used/refurbished planes for the sake of chest thumping.

The plant is not set yet. So chill guys.
It is going to be a close call and there is high competition to milk money from Indian defence needs.
Not going to be a surprise even if US offers F22 production line in India if US-China relations continue to go South.

I think PAF has it's time with the F-16s and I am sure PAF is more interested in Fighters from Russia - China, and EU.

Let's see if PAF ever sell off their 18 brand new F-16s to any user and used the current Block-15 to their lives.

well not any AESA but third gen GaN based AESA radar and GaN AESA based Jammer and combined and compact EW& ECM and avioniks suite which is compact than Blk52 but is at least 4X times as powerfull but uses same amount of energy and have much much better cooling and heat management technilogies on board

The APG-83 is GaAs, not GaN.

More than the technical aspects it the strategic aspects that is the key.
well then if we buy US Fighter we get startegically important US backing and trade benfits of many kind plus there are at least dozen nations with diffrent kinds of war doctroine to help us make a unique war doctroine around it

The APG-83 is GaAs, not GaN.
well the new version called Blk70/72 has a 3rd gen GaN based AESA radar not a GaA based one but lets see what comes and when till then your guess is as good as mine .... cheers mate

Hi,

I like to stay pakistan specific---and not what India needs---. One of my tactical comments was repeated by your defense minister---and I don't want to give any ideas to my adversary---. Let them come up with their own.

Thank you.
you aswered just the way i hoped for ... cheers sirji :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom