What's new

Lockheed Martin discloses details on new cyber and EW-capable GRFIN programme

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lockheed Martin, for the first time, disclosed details on the company’s work toward a new ground-based electronic warfare and intelligence node, designed for eventual integration into the US Army’s Multi-Function Electronic Warfare (MFEW) family of systems.

Company engineers working the Ground-based RF Intelligence Node (GRFIN) programme officially demonstrated the system’s cyber-enhanced EW capabilities, as well as the platform’s interoperability with the company’s prototype offering for the “Air Large” wing pod component of the MFEW family, at the army’s Communications-Electronics Research, Development and Engineering Command (CERDEC) Flight Activity facility at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in New Jersey in July and August 2019.

https://www.janes.com/article/95939...s-on-new-cyber-and-ew-capable-grfin-programme

To me, it sounds like more of the same overpriced bullshit to continue milking the gullible US taxpayer.

This is an interesting development for Electronic Warfare. As far as I know, USAF practically abandoned their plan to acquire a large number of dedicated EW (Electronic Warfare) aircraft, US Navy have fleets of EA-18G Growler and US army has a Multi-Function Electronic Warfare family of systems. As there will be more UAV in the future, I have no doubt that EW will play a bigger role.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom