What's new

List of organizations/separatist movements supported by Gaddafi

Wholegrain

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
Gaddafi sent funds and arms to many militant and separatist organizations when he was in power. Here is a list of movements he supported against various countries.

Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) against the Philippines (Gaddafi brokered the 1976 Tripoli Agreement. The MNLF has since split into various factions, an peace deal was signed with Misuari's faction in 1996, but now has been defunct and Misuari has been vehemently criticizing and railing against the Philippines government for the past decade. Sporadic violence involving the MNLF still continues against the Philippines government. MILF split off from MNLF.)

Free Papua Movement (OPM) against Indonesia (sporadic violence and attacks against the Indonesian government is still happening.)

Irish Republican Army (IRA) against Britain (ended in a power sharing agreement)

Euskadi Ta Askatasuna (ETA) against Spain (ETA declared a permanent ceasefire two years ago)

Red Army Faction against West Germany (failed)

Red Brigades against Italy (failed)

FARC against Colombia (ongoing)

Kanak against New Caledonia (failed)

Gaddafi also attempted to set up and arm an Australian Aboriginal separatist organization against Australia. (Failed obviously)

Gaddafi was an idiot, look at all other dictators who play their cards well, keep powerful friends and stay in power forever. He tried to finger everybody. :lol:

Gaddafi was an idiot, look at all other dictators who play their cards well, keep powerful friends and stay in power forever. He tried to finger everybody. :lol:

LMAO!

Gaddafi ruled a country for 42 years, my friend. Wake up and smell the curry.
You're going to teach someone with those credentials how to run a country?

:lol:

I made it myself from various sources. Do you want to see them?

Oh, I thought it was an article. Nevermind, I believe you as I know most of them are true.

About Gadaffi though, he was not a hated man. Many people in Libya supported him. He did create a better welfare and a more stable economy. The idea of nationalisation his oil was what got him in the end.

Gaddafi sent funds and arms to many militant and separatist organizations when he was in power. Here is a list of movements he supported against various countries.

Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) against the Philippines (Gaddafi brokered the 1976 Tripoli Agreement. The MNLF has since split into various factions, an peace deal was signed with Misuari's faction in 1996, but now has been defunct and Misuari has been vehemently criticizing and railing against the Philippines government for the past decade. Sporadic violence involving the MNLF still continues against the Philippines government. MILF split off from MNLF.)

Free Papua Movement (OPM) against Indonesia (sporadic violence and attacks against the Indonesian government is still happening.)

Irish Republican Army (IRA) against Britain (ended in a power sharing agreement)

Euskadi Ta Askatasuna (ETA) against Spain (ETA declared a permanent ceasefire two years ago)

Red Army Faction against West Germany (failed)

Red Brigades against Italy (failed)

FARC against Colombia (ongoing)

Kanak against New Caledonia (failed)

Gaddafi also attempted to set up and arm an Australian Aboriginal separatist organization against Australia. (Failed obviously)

And China supported him till the end. I'm surprised you posted this... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom