What's new

Libya and Turkey sign two agreements on hydrocarbons

UNCLOS does not give greece all that EEZ. The map u showed gives greece EEZ upto cyprus, which is ridiculous and absurd. In other instances, UNCLOS agreements involve midline from mainland, thats how most EEZs are settled. How tf u get all the sea upto cyprus??
There are provisions in UNCLOS concerning various instances.

@Akritas could probably tell you more about that. However,this map has been accepted by dozens and dozens of countries in the world,except Turkey. We've settled everything with Egypt,Israel,Cyprus,even the Tobruk government of Libya. The only one who has problems with it is Turkey. Well,why don't they take this to the International Court? Because they know they have a weak case. That's why they insist on provocative actions,while at the same time officially saying that "we should solve this on our own without the interference of others".

Yes colonialism have to do with mentality of u ppl. U ppl legalized colonialism, what else can be expected of hypocrites like u?

Again,you're generalising. You put everyone in the same basket. Should I blame Pakistan for the crimes of other Asian countries? For the crimes of various Muslim nations and States through history? About the slavers of Barbary? All i have to say is "u ppl",just like you're doing right now.

ll ur history u ppl been nothing but thieves, thieves of lands, thieves of resources, thieves of africa and asia, thieves of indigenous ppl. Dont u feel ashamed looking at ur history? I dont think so because u ppl still are thieves.
I'm Greek. I'm not British,I'm not French,I'm not German,I'm not Spanish,I'm not Dutch,I'm not Belgian.

Their history,past and legacy is not mine.

There are provisions in UNCLOS concerning various instances.

@Akritas could probably tell you more about that. However,this map has been accepted by dozens and dozens of countries in the world,except Turkey. We've settled everything with Egypt,Israel,Cyprus,even the Tobruk government of Libya. The only one who has problems with it is Turkey. Well,why don't they take this to the International Court? Because they know they have a weak case. That's why they insist on provocative actions,while at the same time officially saying that "we should solve this on our own without the interference of others".

Again,you're generalising. You put everyone in the same basket. Should I blame Pakistan for the crimes of other Asian countries? For the crimes of various Muslim nations and States through history? About the slavers of Barbary? All i have to say is "u ppl",just like you're doing right now.

I'm Greek. I'm not British,I'm not French,I'm not German,I'm not Spanish,I'm not Dutch,I'm not Belgian.

Their history,past and legacy is not mine.

It has provision for such a scenario where they take the midline from mainlands. Ofcourse Turkey opposed it because its their EEZ that u r stealing. Dont evwn mention israel man, the country itself is illegitimate. Just because ur allies accept it, doeant make it legal. That image u showed lolz, man even an idiot would see that greece have overstretched its EEZ, wtf u have EEZ uptil cyprus lolz. Its like open robery and u legalize it because few of ur frnds say its ok. About the history, its ur collective European history, u guys never condemned them so this makes u part of it. Though id say greece is the least to blame. Still doeant give u the right to steal Turkish EEZ.

hat image u showed lolz, man even an idiot would see that greece have overstretched its EEZ, wtf u have EEZ uptil cyprus lolz. Its like open robery and u legalize it because few of ur frnds say its ok. About the history, its ur collective European history, u guys never condemned them so this makes u part of it. Though id say greece is the least to blame. Still doeant give u the right to steal Turkish EEZ.
Because we have Kastellorizo and a couple of small islands between Rhodes and Cyprus.

Even if we negotiated and found reduced the EEZ around Kastellorizo,the EEZ in the Aegean and south of Crete is absolutely non-negotiable. Turkey even demands the EEZ of the Republic of Cyprus. No sir,that's stealing.

You know what is ridiculous? Turkey having a common EEZ with Libya. Now that's ridiculous!

Because we have Kastellorizo and a couple of small islands between Rhodes and Cyprus.

Even if we negotiated and found reduced the EEZ around Kastellorizo,the EEZ in the Aegean and south of Crete is absolutely non-negotiable. Turkey even demands the EEZ of the Republic of Cyprus. No sir,that's stealing.

You know what is ridiculous? Turkey having a common EEZ with Libya. Now that's ridiculous!

U have to admit that greece is overstretching. The sea south of antaliya is huge and greece have no place there, ur map is so ridiculous that its not even a midline from crete to cyprus lolz.
If i was Turkey, this is something id go to war for. Its better u guys negotiate, Turkey should not deal with libya alone and greece should not deal with egypt alone. There should be a 4 way or 5 way dialogue. War will destroy both parties.

U have to admit that greece is overstretching. The sea south of antaliya is huge and greece have no place there, ur map is so ridiculous that its not even a midline from crete to cyprus lolz.
If i was Turkey, this is something id go to war for. Its better u guys negotiate, Turkey should not deal with libya alone and greece should not deal with egypt alone. There should be a 4 way or 5 way dialogue. War will destroy both parties.
We've had this discussion many times. Your loyalty to Turkey is stubborn,but you have to understand,the only one with this problem is Turkey. And if Turkey has a problem,why don't they go to the International Court to solve this with us?

You know why? Because they've weakened their position very much. Did you read what I posted earlier? They can't use whatever method suits them to declare an EEZ.

Screenshot_2021-10-12 The Ordeal of the Greek EEZ - Energy News - Institute of Energy of South...png

Screenshot_2021-10-12 The Ordeal of the Greek EEZ - Energy News - Institute of Energy of South...png

We've had this discussion many times. Your loyalty to Turkey is stubborn,but you have to understand,the only one with this problem is Turkey. And if Turkey has a problem,why don't they go to the International Court to solve this with us?

You know why? Because they've weakened their position very much. Did you read what I posted earlier? They can't use whatever method suits them to declare an EEZ.

View attachment 884573

View attachment 884572

Its not my loyalty to Turkey, im not turk, neither am i a big fan. The point is about fairness. Show me one such instance in tje world where one country gets to keep all the sea right upto shores of anotjer country? In Europe the rule used is simple, midline from mainland, why not use it here? How french n british divode the sea? Same midline concept. So what u want is something not seen and totally unfair. Even in ur heart u guys know u r overstretching, so better reduce ur claims and go for dialogue. War will devastate u ppl more than Turkey.

The EU ( France-Germany ) use Greece to steal oil gas reserves and 150.000 km2 of land from the Turks in the Eastern Mediterranean

stop dreaming with stupid claim

a tiny Greek Island can not generate EEZ of 200 nm
just 10km2 and 580km away from Greek mainland and 2km away from Turkish mainland

-- Greece is not archipelagic state like Indonesia , New Zelland , Philippines
-- Islands can not block Mainland

Its not my loyalty to Turkey, im not turk, neither am i a big fan. The point is about fairness. Show me one such instance in tje world where one country gets to keep all the sea right upto shores of anotjer country? In Europe the rule used is simple, midline from mainland, why not use it here? How french n british divode the sea? Same midline concept. So what u want is something not seen and totally unfair. Even in ur heart u guys know u r overstretching, so better reduce ur claims and go for dialogue. War will devastate u ppl more than Turkey.
Oh come ooon,bhai! 😂 You always say that,you always say you're neutral or that you don't care about Turkey. But somehow you always end up going mad when it's Greece vs Turkey or anyone vs Turkey in that matter :P

Did you read what I posted in the previous post though? Think about it a bit.

By the way,in my heart I don't think we're overstreching at all,because...well...

greek-phoenician-colonies.jpg

map_greek_colonization.jpg

Greece_and_its_colonies_in_550_BC-e792754c82e24b61b931ed57bf98ae92.jpg

14421.png

Oh come ooon,bhai! 😂 You always say that,you always say you're neutral or that you don't care about Turkey. But somehow you always end up going mad when it's Greece vs Turkey or anyone vs Turkey in that matter :P

Did you read what I posted in the previous post though? Think about it a bit.

By the way,in my heart I don't think we're overstreching at all,because...well...

View attachment 884579

View attachment 884580

View attachment 884581

View attachment 884582

Maybe u havent seen my posts against Turkey. Doesn't matter, in this issue i stand with Turkey.
Now tell me, according to which law u get the red cricled area? I mean seriously which fing law allpws that? Its not even midline from crete, let alome from mainland. And i u really think u r not over stretching then i guess u guys deserve destruction and misery of war. May that will open ur mind.
IMG_20221004_174833.jpg

Maybe u havent seen my posts against Turkey. Doesn't matter, in this issue i stand with Turkey.
Now tell me, according to which law u get the red cricled area? I mean seriously which fing law allpws that? Its not even midline from crete, let alome from mainland. And i u really think u r not over stretching then i guess u guys deserve destruction and misery of war. May that will open ur mind.
View attachment 884594
You're right. We should give a bit more to Egypt ;)

It's the thorn in Turkey's underbelly:

Screenshot_2022-10-04 Map of Syrian Civil War - Syria news and incidents today - syria liveuam...png

Screenshot_2022-10-04 Map of Syrian Civil War - Syria news and incidents today - syria liveuam...png

You're right. We should give a bit more to Egypt ;)

It's the thorn in Turkey's underbelly:

View attachment 884599

View attachment 884600

View attachment 884601

Its not just ridiculous, its pathetic. Mainland Turkey to the north, Egypt to the south but its a greek EEZ? Seriously do u guys think this is colonial era. Egypt is currently under a western puppet dictator, if and when democracy comes, ull see how Egypt kicks u out of there. Democracy preachers love installing puppet dictators and then claiming legitimacy to their looting. You ppl will always remain thieves.

Egypt is currently under a western puppet dictator, if and when democracy comes, ull see how Egypt kicks u out of there. Democracy preachers love installing puppet dictators and then claiming legitimacy to their looting. You ppl will always remain thieves.
@Hydration @Ghostkiller Here we go again with the "western puppet dictator"...

Sissi looks after Egypt's interests. He's not bowing to Sultans and Yahoodis.

Ertugrul Pakistanis can't understand that this is our land,our sea. These are our islands,our turf. They had been for thousands of years. International Law and the entire region is with us. The only one who has a problem like always,is Turkey.

Well if Turkey abides to international law so much,they can take this matter to the International Court,instead of threatening with war. They could also sign UNCLOS,but they won't.

They unilateraly declared their EEZ in the Black Sea,back in the '80s. Didn't you read that? And now they're nagging about our EEZ.

lol

When Greece was stealing Libyan EEZ what did Egypt do?

Egypt stronk yes, sisi hoped that Haftar would over throw the goverment and put a puppet what could be controlled by Egypt, France and pathetic Greece.

Libyan election is being messed up becuase of Haftar gangs like Akila Salah or Bashagha.
As far as my memory goes the only ones whos been roleplaying as a pirate in the med was Turkey signing deals that never get applied on ground as it is illegal by international law and these deals are being signed with a goverment who cant make international agreements by the law and its expiary rate is long gone

UNCLOS does not give greece all that EEZ. The map u showed gives greece EEZ upto cyprus, which is ridiculous and absurd. In other instances, UNCLOS agreements involve midline from mainland, thats how most EEZs are settled. How tf u get all the sea upto cyprus??
First of all, let's clarify the following as regards UNCLOS:
1- UNCLOS gives you the right to EEZ, up to 200 n.m. or the midline.
2-UNCLOS gives the right to EEZs, even to islands or islets, which have an economic life.
3-The middle line also concerns the islands with economic life, if there is a dispute, then the parties go to an international court.

How is the EEZ agreement reached between two countries?
Accordance International Law, the following procedure is followed:

1- Initial talks between the two states based on the basis of reciprocity and good neighborliness.
2- If the talks fail, then they continue based on the Law of the Sea(UNCLOS).
3- If a country disagree or does not accept the UNCLOS, then both they go to International Courts.
4- If a country does not even accept the jurisdiction of the International Courts, then it threatens, invades, bullying and act as the troublemaker of the region.

Guess which country is this?

Greece has officially revoked EEZ as below:
1- With Italy at the West, via bilateral agreement, full EEZ agreement
2- With Egypt at the South East, via bilateral agreement, partially EEZ.
3- With Libya, at the North, media line.
4-No official position (map or coordinates) regarding the East.

Any objection to these ?

Back
Top Bottom