What's new

LHC orders construction of Kalabagh Dam!!

Had Musharraf built the Kalabagh Dam we would not have had those floods in the province of Sindh.

We all kn ow this senselization is limited to media.

I was not even bothered to read the relevant news.. until today.

The need to resonate 'Highly controvertial' thingy also shows, how hard media is trying to tell us that some one else consider is controvertial, while no one in real blood and flesh oppose it.

Few hundred paid foreign nationals sitting in parliament, actually get paid to hurt any thing good in Pakistan.
While the amount of hate people have towards them could be seen from the case of 'shakeel awan'
It is clear that some one is holding people from geniun revolution and that is the new third option tossed at people of Pakistan.

Had Musharraf built the Kalabagh Dam we would not have had those floods in the province of Sindh.

It was already too late by the time of Musharraf. Its fate had been sealed following the controversy generated by PML announcing construction of Kalabagh Dam during Nawaz Sharif 's second stint in office in 1991.

IMO only person strong enough to bulldoze it thru was Zia ul Haq.

It was already too late by the time of Musharraf. Its fate had been sealed following the controversy generated by PML announcing construction of Kalabagh Dam during Nawaz Sharif 's second stint in office in 1991.

IMO only person strong enough to bulldoze it thru was Zia ul Haq.

Couldn't agree more but... some people are made fools, some are over confident, some are intimidated and some are bought!

This what has been the last 35 years history of Pakistan, leadership.

Musharraf didn't had support of popular journalists and UK made mulla party.

Correct.

But back then, was it such a pressing issue?

It may not be a pressing issue but the system shall be that the man on top should be a biggest visionary.
His objective would be only to invest in future, while he shall leave the daily state affairs to respective ministries.

It may not be a pressing issue but the system shall be that the man on top should be a biggest visionary.
His objective would be only to invest in future, while he shall leave the daily state affairs to respective ministries.

And still, we don't have a visionary. No thought about the future. That is why I say that a system like the five year plan should be brought again, and a line be towed for five years, regardless of who is in power.

Right now, we are just moving around like a leaf in the air.

Hey sorry nukepak, I missed your post earlier.
This is what happened regarding the political activities in presidency case. The case merely suggested that the President should not do political activities in the presidency in his capacity as Party president, because President represents the federation. It did not say the president will not.

I haven't seen anything this order or anything, but I think the wordings in this judgment were as orders.

The judiciary in Pakistan is starting to impose itself now, and will surely do something extraordinary. In Urdu we call it something like 'par lag gaye hain'. A sign of it is this: Court, PAC: SC refuses to send registrar for scrutiny of its accounts – The Express Tribune.

This CJP is too popular to be impeached now by this government or something by the army. BTW, this order was by the LHC, not Supreme court.
Yes, it looks like the LHC has joined the CJ in undermining the government. If the Supreme Court gave the Kalabagh judgement, then it could have been better. Now it just looks like Punjab is being a hard-@ss to the other provinces.

I am not suggesting that the Chief Justice should be impeached. Some veiled threat in the air by some PPP leader can do the job. So far the battles that the CJ took are still where he can win - the Swiss letter and the political nature of President's position. The first case is about corruption an issue which Pakistanis are all fed up with. The second issue is regarding the spirit in which President's office should be held; ignoring the fact that Zardari should be given due credit for moving Pakistan in the right direction by giving a lot of powers accumulated by the ilk of Musharraf. There probably was no Pakistani president who did not do politics(Quaid-e-Azam se leke) and the constitution does not say anything explicitly against President doing politics. However both cases can be argued with technical points on the CJ's side. That is the reason why he is not losing steam.

Thanks for pointing to the new case. Did not know about it.

To believe it, my eyes have to see actual construction...

just like they way they are 'construction' bhasha dam, no actual ground work there :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom