What's new

Lets Take on LCA

melb4aust

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This is going to be very Interesting. I have been through different posts. There is a lot of talk about India's LCA (Light combat Aircraft).

There is no need of any offence, just share your views, ur thinking and any information with different ideas.

I will start that first, I have been to different indian forums. And one of the link was mentioned by one of our fellow indian member during some previous post. Couple of people went through that as well. Those people suggesting LCA is alot more better aircraft than EF2000 and Grippen. Just imagine an aircraft that hasnt arrived in the airforce even has'nt completed its initial testing stages as well as with countless problems has been announced as better aircraft than those european aircrafts with well known capability and reliability.

Those forums and posts really make me laugh some times.

Chances of LCA being acquired is very low. LCA is said to be inducted in 2008 in limited numbers, and full induction is close to 2010. Even right now the further delays are expected, because LCA is not yet meeting the IAF requirements to be the frontline multi-mission singal-seat tacticial aircraft. I dont want to make this JF-17 versus LCA thread, but JF-17 is way better than LCA in performance, and in almost everything, and is continuing to improve, not just that JF-17 have already started its full production.

Originally posted by Tornado@Jan 24 2006, 03:05 PM
Chances of LCA being acquired is very low. Even right now the further delays are expected, because LCA is not yet meeting the IAF requirements to be the frontline multi-mission singal-seat tacticial aircraft.

Tejas production in June

Link:
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/News/new...php?newsid=4856

The first batch of 8 LCA Tejas jets will begin in June 2006. These will be inducted into the IAF by 2007 to 2008.

It has met IAF requirements satisfactorily. The LCA hs been rated as "very good" by 10 test pilots. The IAF is in the process of finalising the order for the first 20 LCAs to be delivered by 2008.

Link:
http://www.hindu.com/2006/01/16/stories/2006011604960700.htm

I did not claim that the LCA is superior to the Eurofighter or the Grippen.
The LCA cannot be compared to the Eurofighter, since both are different kinds of aircraft. The Eurofighter is an 4.5 gen MRCA, whereas the LCA is a 4th gen interceptor [meant for point-defence from air, land or sea].
The EF-2000 has supercruise, and ESA radars [range 160 kms], whereas the LCA shall have orinary turbofan engines and pulse-doppler radars.

The LCA is equivalent in comparison to the Grippen and the F-16 [a 4th gen MRCA] in many respects, such as weapons-load, avionics, etc. One can look at the specificaions to arrive at conclusions.

How bout we just dedicate this thread to the pros and Cons of the LCA. Not LCA vs. XYZ and how about we post all the LCA news in this thread too.

Originally posted by Kaiser@Jan 24 2006, 04:14 PM
How bout we just dedicate this thread to the pros and Cons of the LCA. Not LCA vs. XYZ and how about we post all the LCA news in this thread too.
[post=5615]Quoted post[/post]​

You may do that but please avoid propaganda, because LCA is not suppose to be in Pakistani Forces Air Warfare discussion. Moving there! :)

Again you guys are trying to compare it with grippen and now the F-16 as well. grow up guyz and stop this nonsense :idiot: . We will be awaiting for its induction to find out how much capable that aircraft is even if we have to wait for :lol: decades. I mean when i will get ready to take on 8th generation fighters :wink: .

Originally posted by melb4aust@Jan 25 2006, 08:20 AM
Again you guys are trying to compare it with grippen and now the F-16 as well. grow up guyz and stop this nonsense :idiot: . We will be awaiting for its induction to find out how much capable that aircraft is even if we have to wait for :lol: decades. I mean when i will get ready to take on 8th generation fighters :wink: .
[post=5638]Quoted post[/post]​

LCA is nothing but a single seat front line tactical fighter which was suppose to be acquired in numbers like 250-300, but seening its performance and over all results. IAF wouldn't have it. :)

Originally posted by melb4aust@Jan 24 2006, 07:04 AM
. Those people suggesting LCA is alot more better aircraft than EF2000 and Grippen.

[post=5605]Quoted post[/post]​

Which kind of retard said that? :lol: Well i really can't judge LCA or JF-17 since they are'nt in service yet. But i do know that JF-17 was heavly upgraded recently and that the 1st batch is arriving this march. And that there will be about 150-200 JF-17 in PAF. While the LCA is soppuse to be delivered by 2008 and only 20-40 will be made. Max 80. But that's about it.

On paper, JF-17 with the recent upgrades looks like it can out meanuver LCA quite easily, but i don't know about their avioncs very well so i won't duicess that.

Originally posted by Thunder@Jan 31 2006, 07:01 PM
Which kind of retard said that? :lol: Well i really can't judge LCA or JF-17 since they are'nt in service yet. But i do know that JF-17 was heavly upgraded recently and that the 1st batch is arriving this march. And that there will be about 150-200 JF-17 in PAF. While the LCA is soppuse to be delivered by 2008 and only 20-40 will be made. Max 80. But that's about it.

On paper, JF-17 with the recent upgrades looks like it can out meanuver LCA quite easily, but i don't know about their avioncs very well so i won't duicess that.
[post=5786]Quoted post[/post]​

The ACM had said that the requirments for the JF-17 could reach upto 300 (I wouldnt be surprised if that happened). The FC-1 is know China's most looked upon fighter and is set to surpass the J-10 in Numbers http://www.kanwa.com/dnws/showpl.php?id=96

China might go for 500-700 FC-1's to replace its fleet of F-7's. The Thunder will surpass the LCA in avionics because the LCA's avionics have already been chosen a few years ago whereby Pakistan is still looking into advanced MODERN avionics from France, Israel, Italy.

When exactly you guys think or recon Pakistan is gonna get the first JF-17 thunder. Any clues?????? or any relaible sources for info???

dont u guys think its taking too long as well......

I have seen couple of videos of LCA as well.

Link for video:http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos.php?action=view&id=272&go=download

i guess its just waste of time. yeah they may can use it for training purpose.

Having seeing the couple videos won't change the status and capability of aircraft. The production of JF-17 is already started in China and with half and half ratio we will be getting aircrafts so if the prodcution rate is like lets say 8 per year, then we will get 4 of them and they will keep the 4, and then eventually in about 2007 the whole infrastructure will be setup including transfer of technology for Pakistan to make JF-17s at home. :)

Originally posted by mysterious@Feb 3 2006, 03:28 PM
Having seeing the couple videos won't change the status and capability of aircraft. The production of JF-17 is already started in China and with half and half ratio we will be getting aircrafts so if the prodcution rate is like lets say 8 per year, then we will get 4 of them and they will keep the 4, and then eventually in about 2007 the whole infrastructure will be setup including transfer of technology for Pakistan to make JF-17s at home. :)
[post=5872]Quoted post[/post]​

So u suggest that the 4th prototype they have developed is perfect for production line for now. :what:

Originally posted by mysterious@Feb 3 2006, 05:28 AM
[post=5872]Quoted post[/post]​

I dont think so! I dont think JF-17 04 prototype even made a flight yet, and your talking about the production. :laugh:

Originally posted by mysterious@Jan 31 2006, 02:07 PM
LCA is nothing but a single seat front line tactical fighter which was suppose to be acquired in numbers like 250-300, but seening its performance and over all results. IAF wouldn't have it. :)
[post=5774]Quoted post[/post]​
Correct!
Don't forget that the project dates back to the eighties as replacement for mig 21's and it should have been operational in 1985!!!! They are 20 years behind the schedule!!!
So its not a new design we're talking about and noway it comes even near JAS-39!

India is now looking for 126 western fighters to close the gap and some mig 21's will be kept in service beyond 2010.
What does that tell us about Tejas?

Back
Top Bottom