What's new

Let us show ancient swords and discuss their properties.

btw my contribution weapons used in south India check the sword
103b5af42f626b0a76e20d364e7ef98c.jpg

yes bro .. are there any differences between them if you know can you tell?

and i wanna learn and promote it :enjoy:
Adha paththi kooduthalaaga theriyadu..Enga oorula mattumallai mavattathula kooda kalari kidaiyathu..kelvipattiruken avlo thaan...

Adha paththi kooduthalaaga theriyadu..Enga oorula mattumallai mavattathula kooda kalari kidaiyathu..kelvipattiruken avlo thaan...
ada ponga ji .. naanu romba naal ah kathukulaam kathukulaam nu paakura .. but mudiyula .. aiii romba naal kalichi oruthan defence.pk la tamil la pessi kekka evalo sandhosam :D

Katana sword
View attachment 73990
This is a Japanese sword and one of the best swords ever made.They were mostly used by Samurai.In like the 15th century katana blades tended to have lengths between 70 to 73 cm.
To evaluate swords, the price is not the most thing. The highest rank of sword in Japan is Tang sword, the sword from China Tang dynasty.
bbf0e752efa9b6b9b4df37759762f9af.jpg

The shape and craftwork of Japanese sword was copied from Tang sword.

If we are talking about most valuable sword, in Japan catagory is Tang sword.
If we are talking about most practical sword, the Japanese sword and Tang sword is not suitable for army. The cost of Tang sword is too high and too fragile. Even one of the strongest dynasty Tang could not afford their army. The blade of Tang sword and Japanese sword are very easy to be curved, because it is too thin. In the battlefield, you have to shapen the blade, and the sword becomes fragiler and fragiler. The Japanese sword has the same problem.

So there is another question, we compare the sword for troops or for leaders? There are big difference. A highest rank Japanese sword is almost perfect except duration problem, but the price is too high to equip the whole army. The sword to against Japan shown in #6 is wrong.
c72978b366cc6ec8ab7f67e15381290c.jpg

This is the specially produced sword to against Japanese in Ming dynasty. They are used in small battles, and at that time China has complete steel industry, we can afford those fragile swords. Normally the sword in use is like
2b21e97f8ad5260e236ddb996f8b1dc7.jpg

The high durability is most important thing to warfare far away from the logistic centers. For such warfare there is no difference between the soldiers and leaders. Leaders have to use the same weapon like a soldier, because the special weapon is very easily ruined or lost.

If I am an officer in the capital, i will chose the first sword #6, because this kind of chinese sword is for decoration for officers, beautiful and tasty.

If I am an soldier I will choose the chian mail, the last pic #5 or second sword #6. I need a sword can be used 100000 times. the chian mail should be a sword for cavalry, the second sword #6 is for normal soldier.

Are sword #14 for warfare in jungle? They may need sword to clean the road, also practical.

Korean sword known as 'Hwando'.

Korean sword is called Hwando (환도), and it's one handed sword and about 60cm long where as Japanese Katana can be long as 80cm and heavier due to more steel was used to forged the sword.

There are Katana like Korean sword, which is called Yedo, which is often used in ceremonial event and carried by commander and can be 90cm long in length, the Hwando also have shorter handle as well, this is due to it can handled with one arm and other hand is to carry bow.

3b1d18dedbd2877d4619d2c70d2ef3a5.jpg

yedo.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom