What's new

Let See How Amazing is Mathematics (1=2)

can anyone explain the significance of number '13'

In Christianity 13 is a bad luck number because it represent Jesus Christ and his Twelve Apostles from which one betrayed Jesus..

U.S Dollar
2732e86f035df27f345560e333a1ac41.gif

13 levels on the pyramid

Great Seal
ab29bfe82b17893a7fbbd7ddb836126e.jpg

13 stars
13 arrows
13 leaves
13 berries(next to the leaves)
13 red&white stripes
13 letters(E pluribus unum)

U.S Dollar
2732e86f035df27f345560e333a1ac41.gif

13 levels on the pyramid

Great Seal
ab29bfe82b17893a7fbbd7ddb836126e.jpg

13 stars
13 arrows
13 leaves
13 berries(next to the leaves)
13 red&white stripes
13 letters(E pluribus unum)

Seems like I am wrong I learned it from my grand mom.. And among the christian community in my village Friday 13 th is a very bad day for any thing and also they don't start a new venture on 13 th ..:cheers:

Seems like I am wrong I learned it from my grand mom.. And among the christian community in my village Friday 13 th is a very bad day for any thing and also they don't start a new venture on 13 th ..:cheers:

no you are right and so is your grand mom.... but this is something else.:cheesy:

Who prints the Dollar and who controls the U.S economy ?
I'm sure you will find your answer

Hinduism

On thirteenth day of death a feast is organized. It is believed to be organised for the peace of the departed soul.

Christianity

* There were thirteen participants at the Last Supper. Tradition states that Judas Iscariot, the disciple who betrayed Jesus, was the 13th to sit at the table.
* Thirteen was once associated with the Epiphany by Christians, as it is said the child Jesus received the Magi on his thirteenth day of life.
* There are 13 Apostles in Christianity; the 12 Disciples plus St Paul, formerly Saul of Tarsus. In addition to being the 13th Apostle, he is also known as "The Apostle" by the Church Fathers.

Sikhism

According to famous Sakhi (Evidence) or story of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, when he was an accountant at a town of Sultanpur Lodhi, he was distributing grocery to people and when he gave groceries to the 13th person he stopped there because in Gurmukhi and Hindi the word 13 is called Terah, which means yours. And Guru Nanak kept on saying, "Yours, yours, yours..." remembering God. People reported to the emperor that Guru Nanak was giving out free food to the people. When treasures were checked, there was more money than before.

The word "Waheguru" appears only 13 times in Guru Granth Sahib, the Sikh holy scriptures and the eternal Guru.

The Vaisakhi which commemorates the creation of "Khalsa" or pure Sikh was celebrated on April 13 for many years.

Ik Onkar also looks like 13.

You meant about Jews???

Yes, if you go back in history regarding Christianity, the number 13 is connected with Jews.

There were thirteen participants at the Last Supper. Tradition states that Judas Iscariot, the disciple who betrayed Jesus, was the 13th to sit at the table.

Hinduism

On thirteenth day of death a feast is organized. It is believed to be organised for the peace of the departed soul.

Christianity

* There were thirteen participants at the Last Supper. Tradition states that Judas Iscariot, the disciple who betrayed Jesus, was the 13th to sit at the table.
* Thirteen was once associated with the Epiphany by Christians, as it is said the child Jesus received the Magi on his thirteenth day of life.
* There are 13 Apostles in Christianity; the 12 Disciples plus St Paul, formerly Saul of Tarsus. In addition to being the 13th Apostle, he is also known as "The Apostle" by the Church Fathers.

Sikhism

According to famous Sakhi (Evidence) or story of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, when he was an accountant at a town of Sultanpur Lodhi, he was distributing grocery to people and when he gave groceries to the 13th person he stopped there because in Gurmukhi and Hindi the word 13 is called Terah, which means yours. And Guru Nanak kept on saying, "Yours, yours, yours..." remembering God. People reported to the emperor that Guru Nanak was giving out free food to the people. When treasures were checked, there was more money than before.

The word "Waheguru" appears only 13 times in Guru Granth Sahib, the Sikh holy scriptures and the eternal Guru.

The Vaisakhi which commemorates the creation of "Khalsa" or pure Sikh was celebrated on April 13 for many years.

Ik Onkar also looks like 13.

AliFarooq informative post dude..What about Islam..they dont have any connection with this number??If no Islam has any connection with any number??means any number they consider unlucky ??

:yahoo:

I didn't name anyone, don't want to blamed for anti-antisemitism:no: but i suppose the Americans will be able to answer this.

Come on buddy share your knowledge..They will refute your claims with their knowledge and in the end everybody can learn some thing na

AliFarooq informative post dude..What about Islam..they dont have any connection with this number??If no Islam has any connection with any number??means any number they consider unlucky ??

Not a very religious person but as far as my knowledge goes Islam does not believe in superstition

Hinduism

I don't know much about this. But what i seen is that the feast usually occurs during 15 or 16th day after a death. If the relatives are too busy, I've seen people doing it in the 10th day or less than that.

In god we trust..... not numbers :P

hey btw 7 was hitlers lucky number

Back
Top Bottom