What's new

Lenovo takes over X86 server business from IBM

Halo Keyboard

Lenovo's Yoga Book reportedly stepped into the future of touch keyboards through its newest touch keyboard technology dubbed as Halo keyboard. The said keyboard is laid flat unlike the regular keyboards and it is LED-backlit with blank surface slate in matte finish. The 2016 Macbook Air, on the other hand, is also believed to feature the same keyboard surface that looks like a tablet

Lenovo's Yoga Book keyboard slate can also be used as a drawing or writing surface for the stylus, reportedly. It is important to note, however, that if the user used the pen on a normal paper, the contents will automatically be transferred to the device. No information has been released as to whether the 2016 Macbook Air will carry the same feature. Watch how Lenovo's Yoga Book reinvented the tablet in this video.

One piece of world beating technology behind the keyboard

http://www.cas.cn/syky/201609/t20160909_4574290.shtml

from Xi'an Institute of Optics and Precision Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences :coffee::enjoy::tup:

But i was told by Steve Jobs and Tim Cook that Apple is innovative.

But i was told by Steve Jobs and Tim Cook that Apple is innovative.

In fact Jobs himself used to praise copying and stealing ideas.

He resituated dying Apple on these principles. The rest is excessive advertising and a complete alliance with the US corporate media machine.

They belittled others and badmouthed inspirational copying because they secretly knew that was the way to speedy innovation and leadership.

Many got duped and fooled. Japan, in the past and, China, now, was/has not.

China's Lenovo Group Ltd will bring Fujitsu Ltd's personal computer business under its control, allowing the Japanese company to focus on IT services and other businesses, the Nikkei business daily reported on Thursday.

The two companies aim to reach a deal this month, with some 2,000 Fujitsu workers likely move to Lenovo, the paper said, without saying where it got the information.

Fujitsu's shares gained 7 percent in early trade to hit their highest level since January, compared with a 0.8 percent gain for the broader market. Lenovo shares were up 1 percent.

Fujitsu may transfer its design, development and manufacturing operations to a joint venture led by Lenovo or Lenovo may opt to buy a majority stake in the Japanese company's PC unit, the Nikkei said. It did not mention potential financial terms.

Fujitsu said in a statement it was considering various options for the PC unit but had not yet made a decision on its future. Lenovo declined to comment.

Global demand for PCs has been squeezed by sales of smartphones and tablet computers. Smaller makers less able to benefit from large scale production face an uncertain future.

In the second quarter of this year, worldwide shipments of PCs were stronger than expected, but nonetheless shrank 4.5 percent from a year earlier to 62.4 million units, according to technology research company IDC.

Lenovo accounted for 21.2 percent of those shipments followed by HP Inc with 20.8 percent and Dell Inc [DI.UL] with 16 percent. Asustek computers Inc had a 7.2 percent share while Apple Inc held 7.1 percent.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-lenovo-group-fujitsu-idUSKCN1252SY

There is still lots of things smartphone can't do. For office work, it's quite impossible to use tablet to do autocad, office, excel and graphic design.

For the time being no OS can handle autocad, but office, excel, some graphic design all can be dealed with by smartphone.

Try to accept new things, old buddy. I said some graphic design could be done by smart phone, the trend is obvious.

One of my best friend has a graphic design company, one of the biggest in Germany. I visit his agency practically every week for lunch and talk with his employees. I have yet to see them using a smart phone doing their work. In fact one of their constant complain is their huge screens are too small and many of them have two big screens.

One of my best friend has a graphic design company, one of the biggest in Germany. I visit his agency practically every week for lunch and talk with his employees. I have yet to see them using a smart phone doing their work. In fact one of their constant complain is their huge screens are too small and many of them have two big screens.
One of my realitives runs a Taobao shop. She has 3 screens attached to one computer.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom