beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Lenovo overtakes Dell as No. 2 PC brand
Business First
Thursday, December 1, 2011, 6:28am EST

Lenovo Group Ltd. has passed Dell Inc. as the second-largest PC brand, with Hewlett-Packard Co. retaining the top spot.

MSNBC reports that Hong Kong-based Lenovo has benefited from strong demand for PCs in China.

PC sales in the United States and Europe have been hurt by the slow economy and competition from tablet computers, according to the report, but desktop and notebook sales remain strong in China.

Lenovo's growth in market share put it 4.2 percentage points behind HP for the third quarter, according to the report. The fourth- and fifth-largest PC makers are Acer Inc. and ASUS.

Lenovo is all but dead here in the US.

So Lenovo is growing based on Chinese domestic market sales. Good for them, but irrelevant outside of China.

China dude..Hong Kong and Taiwan are not part of China. So don't count companies from these countries. U got nothing but a slave labor force to do your communist party's bidding.

boy, i bet you're worried now that Huawei took India's telecom contracts, are tracking all your messages, and you're powerless to stop it. maybe you should kill yourself.

I bet you also think that Applied Materials is an inferior brand to Tata, right? :lol:

While TATA is a holding, Applied Material is a company. Hence cannot be compared. :lol:

Anyway, this thread is about the Chinese brands. For an economy of its size, China has almost no brands.

While TATA is a holding, Applied Material is a company. Hence cannot be compared. :lol:

Anyway, this thread is about the Chinese brands. For an economy of its size, China has almost no brands.

ok, whatever you say. keep being ignorant.

Another global brand along with Huawei, ZTE and Haier.

Never heard any of the 3 brand. :undecided:

Global brand means which majority of the world knows and reaches almost every country like Microsoft, Apple, Intel, Mercedes, Intel, Visa, Honda, Samsung, LG, Sony, Nokia and so on........

Only heard about Lenovo due to IBM.

My Hong Kong! :victory:

We can keep this up if the Chinese people keep buying domestic brands.

Another global brand along with Huawei, ZTE and Haier.

Right buddy. :cheers:

China has such a big domestic market. All we need to do is harness it properly.

Lenovo is all but dead here in the US.

So Lenovo is growing based on Chinese domestic market sales. Good for them, but irrelevant outside of China.

Lenovo is doing good in ME market... in fact i've supplied Lenovo bundle with Dental Chair to to GOV dept and now they request the same brand "LENOVO" :)

Dunno much about ZTE , But Huawei & Haier are known brands....

Back
Top Bottom