What's new

Leio's PLA military photos (kinds of military equipments)

@cnleio @cirr

Any idea why this helicopter used a foreign engine made by Pratt and Whitney, instead of indigenous engines?
En ... before China make the same level engine or indigenous engine mature for mass-produce, they just equip foreign engines. If China not import from foreign it means we already can mass-produce them to instead of foreign engine. It's the same reason India Airforce need buying Su-30mki from Russia.

Last edited:
En ... before China make the same level engine or indigenous engine mature for mass-produce, they just equip foreign engines. If China not import from foreign it means we already can mass-produce them to instead of foreign engine. It's the same reason India Airforce need buying Su-30mki from Russia.

I guess you need to increase research in engines. It is a weakness. From helicopters, to jets, to ships.

Also I would recommend that China reforms it's Enterprises. China is the second largest economy in the world, yet Canada and even Ukraine can make better engines.

Chinese state owned Enterprises specially in defence are too political and not commercial.

Look at Boeing. It is a defence company yet sells more in civil markets. It helps it to maintain large production lines, fund research, reach economies of scale, and maintain industrial capacity for times of war.

I guess you need to increase research in engines. It is a weakness. From helicopters, to jets, to ships.

Also I would recommend that China reforms it's Enterprises. China is the second largest economy in the world, yet Canada and even Ukraine can make better engines.

Chinese state owned Enterprises specially in defence are too political and not commercial.

Look at Boeing. It is a defence company yet sells more in civil markets. It helps it to maintain large production lines, fund research, reach economies of scale, and maintain industrial capacity for times of war.

I think you need to increase research on jet fighter. It's a weakness. From SU-30 MKI, Rafale, MIG29K, etc.... Last time I heard, all of them are not India indigenous jet FIghter. You just buy it from other countries.

Also I recommend that India reforms it's enterprise. India is the second largest population in he world, yet, they still can't make a descent aircraft. What happen to Tejas? Last time I heard, you even need the help from France to develop it properly. Or because all clever people in India run away to Western Countries?

What happen to Indian's defense enterprise? Why can't they beat China's defense enterprise, although you said that China's one are too political? Too much corruption? Too much politic?

Look at America. They can make their own jet fighter So what about yours? LOL. I just compare your country with the same country that you compare China to. It's funny isn't it? Because compared to China, you're far... too far behind from the America.

Last edited:
I think you need to increase research on jet fighter. It's a weakness. From SU-30 MKI, Rafale, MIG29K, etc.... Last time I heard, all of them are not India indigenous jet FIghter. You just buy it from other countries.

Also I recommend that India reforms it's enterprise. India is the second largest population in he world, yet, they still can't make a descent aircraft. What happen to Tejas? Last time I heard, you even need the help from France to develop it properly. Or because all clever people in India run away to Western Countries?

What happen to Indian's defense enterprise? Why can't they beat China's defense enterprise, although you said that China's one are too political? Too much corruption? Too much politic?

Look at America. They can make their own jet fighter So what about yours? LOL. I just compare your country with the same country that you compare China to. It's funny isn't it? Because compared to China, you're far... too far behind from the America.
Well said! Hit to the nerves of the shallow-minded persona :D firing up many words without seeing the mirror itself :P

And one should not be forgetful, while the USA seems so good in building all the military equipment, spending most of the money there, at the same time that nation is much neglecting its civilian sectors as can be observed in the tattering infrastructure throughout the country nowadays, an obvious reflection, part of a much bigger failure in overall economy aspect. Needless to say, China should not follow the flawed path, development and resources must be balanced and spent wisely to encompass all sectors of life... not just the military one.

It's crucial that the state controls the MIC, and do not allow the MIC dictates the state!

Last edited:

HAHA ... just compare each year how many new domestic warships & jets & helos made by China or India, the answer is obvious there ~! No foreign country can support China enough engines to make hundreds of new warships & jets & helos, and China not import hundreds of foreign engines each year, most engines still produced in China. Without domestic engines support, how China can built thousand helos and thousands of MBTs for Army ? twenty type052C/D DDGs and one CV-16, hundred other FFGs/DDGs/Subs for Navy ? Thousand J11/J10/J15/KJ AWACS/JH7/JL89 jets/trainers for Airforce ? Does Chinese need beg foreigner engines to build above weapons for China military force ?! :lol:

Last edited:
GAM-100 Top-attack ATGM

081016oab1p1m32orqu711.jpg

2.jpg

2222.jpg

Last edited:

Not compared China to India, so why are you bringing it in?

Well said! Hit to the nerves of the shallow-minded persona :D firing up many words without seeing the mirror itself :P

And one should not be forgetful, while the USA seems so good in building all the military equipment, spending most of the money there, at the same time that nation is much neglecting its civilian sectors as can be observed in the tattering infrastructure throughout the country nowadays, an obvious reflection, part of a much bigger failure in overall economy aspect. Needless to say, China should not follow the flawed path, development and resources must be balanced and spent wisely to encompass all sectors of life... not just the military one.

It's crucial that the state controls the MIC, and do not allow the MIC dictates the state!

No, the US is not neglecting civilian area.

Also, US is the best at almost all dual use civil-military tech.

An advice to you: Try to open your mind.

HAHA ... just compare each year how many new domestic warships & jets & helos made by China or India, the answer is obvious there ~! No foreign country can support China enough engines to make hundreds of new warships & jets & helos, and China not import hundreds of foreign engines each year, most engines still produced in China. Without domestic engines support, how China can built thousand helos and thousands of MBTs for Army ? twenty type052C/D DDGs and one CV-16, hundred other FFGs/DDGs/Subs for Navy ? Thousand J11/J10/J15/KJ AWACS/JH7/JL89 jets/trainers for Airforce ? Does Chinese need beg foreigner engines to build above weapons for China military force ?! :lol:

Almost all engines produced by China are on license.

You need your own companies that can produce engines for both civilian and military markets, and are involved in active research. Some what like Boeing.

ALL your engines, even military ones, are based on foreign know-how, and are not innovations. They are not as efficient, or cutting edge compared to western countries.

Rainbow-802 scout drone

彩虹-802小型超近程无人机。该机是一款电动手抛式无人机,滞空时间1.5小时[也有信息说是2.5小时],航程125公里. 可作为特种兵侦察小组侦察用。该机采用全碳纤维结构,整机质量只有6.5公斤左右,全负荷系统也仅10公斤。可进行侦察任务。彩虹802的机头可以换装不同模块,有白光摄像器、红外摄像器和相机等选项,根据不同任务,换装不同设备. 该系统可完全收纳在一个专用的背囊内,能够在极短的时间内完成组装和放飞. 彩虹-802能够在敌军头顶上,通过数据链向远在35公里外安全地带的我军士兵实时传输可见光和红外图像,为远程火炮、火箭炮甚至导弹指示目标.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Another NEW "light tank" undergo testing in extreme cold weather? 解放军另一种新轻坦?曝神秘坦克进行寒区测试
Wl1VbzA.jpg
3LTIPw.jpg
:lol:Recent two years, we already saw many photos of China developing two new light tanks ... both equip hydraulic lifting systems.

Project-201 and Project-617
timg.jpg

Project-201
1.jpg

timg (2).jpg

Project-617
4.jpg

5.jpg

hydraulic power pack & chassis testing
timg (3).jpg

timg (4).jpg

Last edited: