What's new

Legalize cattle smuggling on Bangladesh border: BSF chief

^the gist of the issue it seems is that cow slaughter regulations is a state/province matter (not a federal/central); when majority of public supports it, the state can legalize it.

Oh i see, Mech response was slightly unconvincing to say the least but you have brought an excellent point of view and sorry i previously misjudge the indienne governments policies per say. I think the americannè do it similarly by dealing with social issues(if you consider this) on a state by state basis. merci pour educationè regarding this matter and my humble apologies for making a childish assumption though if you can further clarify your opinion per say on this senstive issue, I am curious as to what you think how the government should deal with the illegal smuggling problem as I see alot of threads regarding this polarizing issue on this forum.

If you think that you will get a biased answer from an Indian, than it is but stupid to ask a Pakistani member on this issue.

As @Mech posted:

And this is not restricted to Hinduism. Various decisions of govt are based on religious belief of people. Although the constitution says that religion should be separate from state, it doesn't means that state can completely trample the feelings of populace. It is not appeasement. We have separate laws for Hindus, Muslims etc. Based on religious beliefs. For example, the marriage acts are according to corresponding religion. A Sikh man is not compelled to wear helmet (if he is wearing a turban). And so on. In a country like this, it is impossible to ignore religious feelings, which are conflicting every now and then. Still, Indian laws try to accommodate all the religions.

It just so happens that cow is 'worshiped' by a large part of the population, so in some states its slaughter is banned. That doesn't means it is banned throughout India. Or Indian govt is biased towards one religion. If you observe here long enough, you would find members of both religions arguing that the govt is biased towards the other one, when it is just trying to take a middle path!

This must be so difficult for the indienne government to deal in terms of finding the middle ground especially if faith is so important to the general populace then in that sense the government can only do so much to uphold the secular laws as much as they possibly can. merci for clarrifying this topic though based on my observation so far in this forum, faith seems to be a political issue to say the least in terms of constructive conversation. Here in quebec, we also accomodate faiths to a certain limits however if some quebecois musliman or a personne adhering to judiasim that do not consume pork per say, we cannot impose our beliefs on the governmentè, since we live in a secular country. Though i do understand from my observation so far in this forum, faith must be big part of peoples life in south asia and i mean if the general populace is very conservative, then even in a secular system there is only so much the governmentè can do. Once again thanks for clarifying the earlier statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
:angel: unfortunate, sad and shamful if the mentality prevails.

how funny is that..Pakistan have learned to be happy in other country's growth they feel satisfy when bangladesh grows or China grows however their development have stopped years ago...i cann't understand thiss mentality

This must be so difficult for the indienne government to deal in terms of finding the middle ground especially if faith is so important to the general populace then in that sense the government can only do so much to uphold the secular laws as much as they possibly can. merci for clarrifying this topic though based on my observation so far in this forum, faith seems to be a political issue to say the least in terms of constructive conversation. Here in quebec, we also accomodate faiths to a certain limits however if some quebecois musliman or a personne adhering to judiasim that do not consume pork per say, we cannot impose our beliefs on the governmentè, since we live in a secular country. Though i do understand from my observation so far in this forum, faith must be big part of people in south asia from my observation forum. Once again thanks for clarifying the earlier statement.

I am living in Quebec too, and here we don't have enough non-Christian to have any effect on govt at all. More than 90% of population is Christian, and more than 5% atheist. Compared to diversity of India, there is nothing here. Faith still has role in North American govts, but since it is dominated by a single religion, you don't notice. But it is true, faith is a big part of people in south Asia.

Oh i see, Mech response was slightly unconvincing to say the least but you have brought an excellent point of view and sorry i previously misjudge the indienne governments policies per say. I think the americannè do it similarly by dealing with social issues(if you consider this) on a state by state basis. merci pour educationè regarding this matter and my humble apologies for making a childish assumption though if you can further clarify your opinion per say on this senstive issue, I am curious as to what you think how the government should deal with the illegal smuggling problem as I see alot of threads regarding this polarizing issue on this forum.
i've stated my opinion on the matter already. it is not a bad suggestion at all. for now criminals are running this operation with no regard to safety of the animals and the eventual beef consumers.
both IN and BD bodies should legalize and regulate it correctly. assuming of course that the public is in favor.

This must be so difficult for the indienne government to deal in terms of finding the middle ground especially if faith is so important to the general populace then in that sense the government can only do so much to uphold the secular laws as much as they possibly can. merci for clarrifying this topic though based on my observation so far in this forum, faith seems to be a political issue to say the least in terms of constructive conversation. Here in quebec, we also accomodate faiths to a certain limits however if some quebecois musliman or a personne adhering to judiasim that do not consume pork per say, we cannot impose our beliefs on the governmentè, since we live in a secular country. Though i do understand from my observation so far in this forum, faith must be big part of peoples life in south asia and i mean if the general populace is very conservative, then even in a secular system there is only so much the governmentè can do. Once again thanks for clarifying the earlier statement.

Will you call UK a secular country?
Its head of state is queen who is also head of anglican church. 26 bishops of church of England are member of upper house in parliament.
My personal experience is, in practice they are very secular.

ontopic: If cow slaughter is not banned in India itself, why is cow trade banned? Govt should create infra to properly regulate and legalize the trade.
And coming from BSF (the elite cow protection force as it is known in bd), govt should take the suggestion seriously. :)

I am living in Quebec too, and here we don't have enough non-Christian to have any effect on govt at all. More than 90% of population is Christian, and more than 5% atheist. Compared to diversity of India, there is nothing here. Faith still has role in North American govts, but since it is dominated by a single religion, you don't notice. But it is true, faith is a big part of people in south Asia.

While I understand your perspective, from the basis of the article, the indienne government in technicality is not a secular government per say though i do understand the ground reality, which forces the goverment to adhere to those issues. However imagine how beneficial opening up the cattle market will be especially for people of other faiths and furthermore stimulate indienne economie because of increase tax revenue. I also think that if people can overcome religious sensitivity, india is set to become possibly one of the biggest cattle exporter in the world. As far as christian faith goes, I do not think that they have much influence in quebèc policymaking though i could be wrong.

Ah man, i miss living in montrèal, the night life is simply amazing and add in la ronde ammusment park, so much fun alas, I am right now stuck in Halifax pour le universite.

While I understand your perspective, from the basis of the article, the indienne government in technicality is not a secular government per say though i do understand the ground reality, which forces the goverment to adhere to those issues. However imagine how beneficial opening up the cattle market will be especially for people of other faiths and furthermore stimulate indienne economie because of increase tax revenue. I also think that if people can overcome religious sensitivity, india is set to become possibly one of the biggest cattle exporter in the world. As far as christian faith goes, I do not think that they have much influence in quebèc policymaking though i could be wrong.

Ah man, i miss living in montrèal, the night life is simply amazing and add in la ronde ammusment park, so much fun alas, I am right now stuck in Halifax pour le universite.

If you did not read above post, India is among largest beef exporter. Exporting cattle is not always welcome, they bring diseases as well as its impractical for large distance.

Will you call UK a secular country?
Its head of state is queen who is also head of anglican church. 26 bishops of church of England are member of upper house in parliament.
My personal experience is, in practice they are very secular.

ontopic: If cow slaughter is not banned in India itself, why is cow trade banned? Govt should create infra to properly regulate and legalize the trade.
And coming from BSF (the elite cow protection force as it is known in bd), govt should take the suggestion seriously. :)

Salut
hahahhaha, I like your use of subtle humor, elite cow protection force really!!!!!!
seriously hinduguy, you made my day. :laugh: :thumbs up:

All democratic govts are like that. As I said, here it is too much of Christian majority to notice that, you are just too used to it.

About market potential of beef, if govt was serious about it, there is buffalo. They just dont take it seriously. Anyways, given that we have a big veggie population, it would be a hard bargain.

And I miss the night life too, I mean it is middle of the night and I am stucked in my room with full heat on!

if we are not growing does it mean we should not feel happy for BD ?

oho..i dint expect that you will agree with not growing Pakistan...and it is good that Bangladesh is growing it will beneficial for India and we are happy about it

Leave them.. One thing the Hindus do not understandis Brotherhood. Thats why so many empires were able to rule Hindustan.. Because there was no Hindu Brotherhood.

Leave them.. One thing the Hindus do not understandis Brotherhood. Thats why so many empires were able to rule Hindustan.. Because there was no Hindu Brotherhood.
I dont think muslim brotherhood really helped when foreigners occupied muslim land. Iraq invasion and subsequent occupation is quite recent event.
It created shia brotherhood and sunni brotherhood rather. :)
Where is the christian/jewish/buddist brotherhood.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom