What's new

Legalize cattle smuggling on Bangladesh border: BSF chief

no reason to argue about semantics. as you can clearly see, most IN members here dont mind legalizing cow slaughter.
but many of us do realize it may not be done due to religious sensitivities of the public at large.

Then INDIA is not a secular country. No religion should be place above the other in a secular country. This is the whole world cracks up when you call yourselves secular..

Is UP representative of the ENTIRE country that is INDIA ?

Logic says no :lol:

UP is the biggest state in India. So obviously UP is like a mix of all Indian races which is essentially what Inia is as well.

And COW SLAUGHTER is not just banned in UP but manyother PROVINCES of The Secular Republic of India

Then INDIA is not a secular country. No religion should be place above the other in a secular country. This is the whole world cracks up when you call yourselves secular..

certainly. If you consider the whole world to be a failed state called pakistan.

The government and the constitution is secular. So is the judiciary and administration. There is no pressure on the public to be secular. Enforcing something like that would make us communist. Not secular.

UP is the biggest state in India. So obviously UP is like a mix of all Indian races which is essentially what Inia is as well.

And COW SLAUGHTER is not just banned in UP but manyother PROVINCES of The Secular Republic of India
so your beef is with the tag of secularism.
open a new thread we can discuss that issue as well :tup:

I can't tell dingbat, we dont have provinces here. We have states. Just like gay marriage is banned in certain states within the US, cow slaughter is banned in certain states of India.

Generally, when there is consensus on an issue within a state, it is allowed to enact laws based on the consensus.

Hindus are not vegan, but vegetarian. But more importantly, asking his perspective on Indians/Hindus is like asking the wolf to guard the sheep. Good luck with that.

Salut monseiur kloitra

I wanted to know from a fellow pakistanie's perspective on this issue partially because as an indienne yourself, sorry to say this but you may be more inclined to defend your government's action not that its wrong but rather human nature/ patriotism influences our thinking. I am curious to hear your thoughts on this inherent contradiction that I observe in indienne government's policy regarding secularism and cattle export and I do respect your religious sensitivities regarding this issue so please dont take my previous statement as a personal attack towards you or your beautiful ancient vedic faith HINDUISM that I assume you adhere to and i do respect and have no ill prejudice towards.

merci

^the gist of the issue it seems is that cow slaughter regulations is a state/province matter (not a federal/central); when majority of public supports it, the state can legalize it.

Salut monseiur kloitra

I wanted to know from a fellow pakistanie's perspective on this issue partially because as an indienne yourself, sorry to say this but you may be more inclined to defend your government's action not that its wrong but rather human nature/ patriotism influences our thinking. I am curious to hear your thoughts on this inherent contradiction that I observe in indienne government's policy regarding secularism and cattle export and I do respect your religious sensitivities regarding this issue so please dont take my previous statement as a personal attack towards you or your beautiful ancient vedic faith HINDUISM that I assume you adhere to and i do respect and have no ill prejudice towards.

merci

Methinks "monseiur" takes a lot of effort to be "french". Oui ?

Merci :lol:

That's new to me considering that "Indian Beef" was available to me during my stay in the UAE........most supermarkets/hypermarkets sell Indian beef.

I guess they didn't get your memo ?

Salut monsieur mech

Based on my current readings online, it appears the cattle that indienne government exports only applies to cows that no longer can produce milk plus other restriction that attempt to respect religious sensitivites. This hints the governement being biased in its implementation of law as india is a secular progressive democracy though i could be wrong in my assessment.

play along for the time being :P

Salut monsieur mech

Based on my current readings online, it appears the cattle that indienne government exports only applies to cows that no longer can produce milk plus other restriction that attempt to respect religious sensitivites. This hints the governement being biased in its implementation of law as india is a secular progressive democracy though i could be wrong in my assessment.
i thought democracy is following the will of the people. perhaps i'm wrong in my assessment

Sorry i mix anglais with my francais alot and i am not french per say but rather quebecois. We speak the louis IV dialect which is actually more refined then the "francais/ paris dialect that currently french converse in france. Also do you also converse in francais, sometimes i feel like i am making a fool of myself writing in anglais in this anglophone forum. I think the mods here are very lenient per say with langue in this forumè. As far as topic goes, I would love to hear your constructive insight rather than mere childish trolling if personal integrity is something you really care about.

Salut monseiur kloitra

merci

If you think that you will get a biased answer from an Indian, than it is but stupid to ask a Pakistani member on this issue.

As @Mech posted:

Generally, when there is consensus on an issue within a state, it is allowed to enact laws based on the consensus.

And this is not restricted to Hinduism. Various decisions of govt are based on religious belief of people. Although the constitution says that religion should be separate from state, it doesn't means that state can completely trample the feelings of populace. It is not appeasement. We have separate laws for Hindus, Muslims etc. Based on religious beliefs. For example, the marriage acts are according to corresponding religion. A Sikh man is not compelled to wear helmet (if he is wearing a turban). And so on. In a country like this, it is impossible to ignore religious feelings, which are conflicting every now and then. Still, Indian laws try to accommodate all the religions.

It just so happens that cow is 'worshiped' by a large part of the population, so in some states its slaughter is banned. That doesn't means it is banned throughout India. Or Indian govt is biased towards one religion. If you observe here long enough, you would find members of both religions arguing that the govt is biased towards the other one, when it is just trying to take a middle path!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom