What's new

Led By Raj Babbar, MPs abandon top-level defence briefing to 'catch flights

The point is, we have a government in power who has completely misplaced foreign policy priorities with respect to aggressive posturing by hostile neighbours as it was seen in the last two months.

Our territory has been compromised more than once and there was NOTHING done about it except talks and talks which in future might prove to be futile, if we keep up this attitude.

We need someone that can retaliate to aggressive posturing with the same intent and actions. If the current regime is upto it, the entire country will support their actions. Instead, they go about throwing favours and trade meetings with such countries and sending the wrong message to them that they can do anything to us.

Since when has the question of national integrity become the hostage to the whims of a dynasty and how do people continue to call it politicization and to just about any and every concern raised that is not addressed by the government?

Look i believe this is the first time i am talking to you, just want to tell you that I don't have any bias against you..

No amount of "secular" attempts to share blame with his other colleagues will sell. I too sometime wonder how low one will get to sound 'secular'.

Look your definition of secularism and communalism is all screwed up....RAJ Babbar going out of that meeting just simply shows that he doesn't give an iota about the importance of briefings related to national security and so does his colleagues...this particular incident has nothing to do with what religion he or his colleagues belongs to...and doesn't matter how he got selected either.....he played minority card or majority card or caste or anything else...simple doesn't matter...and in case you want to bring that in picture then i am afraid you will find majority of our politicians be it of any caste/religion in the same league!!

The point is, we have a government in power who has completely misplaced foreign policy priorities with respect to aggressive posturing by hostile neighbours as it was seen in the last two months.

Our territory has been compromised more than once and there was NOTHING done about it except talks and talks which in future might prove to be futile, if we keep up this attitude.

We need someone that can retaliate to aggressive posturing with the same intent and actions. If the current regime is upto it, the entire country will support their actions. Instead, they go about throwing favours and trade meetings with such countries and sending the wrong message to them that they can do anything to us.

Since when has the question of national integrity become the hostage to the whims of a dynasty and how do people continue to call it politicization and to just about any and every concern raised that is not addressed by the government?

My question is why other members of committee kept quite ...???

Either by act of omission of not to speak up or by act of commission by tacitly supporting Raj babbar all the members of committee of all concerned parties have been guilty in this particular instance

If MPs are not even bothered to sit through briefings , how can we even expect to understand the complexities of international politics !!!

and if they had understood such things they would not have had behaved as such .

This is perennial problem cutting across all party lines ...

It's not fault of the government of the day ...although current government is one of the most stupid one....

I am bothered by complicity of other members of committee from other parties who are contending to be different from congress in public !!!

I am bothered by complicity of other members of committee from other parties who are contending to be different from congress in public !!!

That is one big BS....They all are the same...Congis are drunk with power right now and acting weird....others have yet to join the party and behaving sensible in open...but in there they behave like what they are. i.e...SCUM BAGS!!

My question is why other members of committee kept quite ...???

Either by act of omission of not to speak up or by act of commission by tacitly supporting Raj babbar all the members of committee of all concerned parties have been guilty in this particular instance ?

If MPs are not even bothered to sit through briefings , how can we even expect to understand the complexities of international politics !!!

and if they had understood such things they would not have had behaved as such .

This is perennial problem cutting across all party lines ...

It's not fault of the government of the day ...all though current government is one of the most stupid one....

Here's the thing; if you make noises or raise objections on such things here, you will be branded as 'politicizing for personal gains' just like how that bribe money in the parliament for buying votes was politicized.

That's the reason why no one raises it.

The point is, it was very audacious of Raj Babbar and his ilk to leave.

And those defending him here and accusing others of complicity fail to understand that the blame is first against the people who actually do something wrong and only after that people around them are to be observed and analyzed.

The very divided attitude of this thread shows what a dangerous situation our country is in where some are interested only to favour and be ruled by a set of people who want to disunite, divide and retain their vice grip on power regardless of this madness' consequences.

Here's the thing; if you make noises or raise objections on such things here, you will be branded as 'politicizing for personal gains' just like how that bribe money in the parliament for buying votes was politicized.

And those defending him here and accusing others of complicity fail to understand that the blame is first against the people who actually do something wrong and only after that people around them are to be observed and analyzed.

The very divided attitude of this thread shows what a dangerous situation our country is in where some are interested only to favour and be ruled by a set of people who want to disunite, divide and retain their vice grip on power regardless of this madness' consequences.

You see somebody who was present during the briefing have leaked the details of what happened ....sure this person had no 'guts' to stand up and speak during meeting but had 'courage' to leak news-bite to media ....

Our enemy is not somewhere outside in our neighborhood ...but we are our own worst enemies !!!

when we have such politicians in parliament and cabinet ...we do not need any more enemies ...

The onus lies on us...It is the middle class who don't go out and vote....Politicians will always want to divide...i mean that is what politics is all about....in short real scum bags are within us...

This is what happens when we are busy fighting with ourselves ....

China gives Arunachal archers stapled visas - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: The visa row between the two countries returned to haunt two young archers from Arunachal Pradesh as they could not a board a flight to China on Thursday to participate in the Youth World Archery Championship since they were carrying stapled visas.

An Archery Association of India (AAI) official told TOI on Thursday that the two archers — Maselo Mihu and Sorang Yumi — were the only ones in the 30-member contingent to have been issued stapled visas for the event starting in Wuxi on Saturday.

"We had applied for visa for 24 archers and six officials. All of them were given proper visas apart from these two girls. Twenty-eight of them got their visas at 4 pm while we kept waiting to get visas for these two Arunachal Pradesh girls. We got their stapled visas at 6pm. When we asked the embassy officials about it, they said it will do. They told us to ask the girls to keep the stapled visas carefully," AAI official Gunjan Abrol said.

"But when we reached the airport to catch the 11 am flight, the airlines authorities advised us against sending these two girls since they ran the risk of being deported back to India. The girls were bitterly disappointed to find themselves in such a situation for no fault of them. AAI president VK Malhotra is aware of the development and he will take up the matter with the ministry of external affairs on Friday."

External ministry says they will take up with china.
Each time we are doing this! Nothing new.
If govt have guts,they should step up the work to establish Indian embassy in Taiwan.
Will they do it???

Do you mean to claim that anyone who plays minority vote bank politics and become one of the leader of that community has no need to act responsibly and set standards for his followers ?

I have little respect for people playing either the minority or the majority card. To expect someone like that to set any sort of example as self appointed leaders of such communities is pointless. However as represtantives of the Indian people(that is what an MP is, regardless of what else they might claim) and especially ones who have been given the privilege of being in such committees , they owe an responsibility to the nation. It goes without saying that their behaviour is irresponsible.

What message does a muslim leader send out to other Hindus and muslims when he is dismissive or critical security details of India against a muslim nation pakistan ?

That would depend whether you perceive him as such a leader and only such. This was hardly only an individual decision regardless of whether the chairman was the one announcing it. I have little respect for this gentleman as a chairman of this committe but it is not dependent on his religious background, whatever that might be. I hold everyone of the said committee in equal contempt. I didn't see any mention of dissent by any member of the chairman's decision..

Not recognizing this obvious reality is like sticking your head in the sand and pretending that all is kosher. Perception is sometimes more real that reality.

Your perception is your own, just as mine is. What we see depends on what glasses we choose to wear. What is obvious to you may not be to me & vice versa, pointless to pretend that we might be on the same page throughout. Sometimes, may not even be the same book.

I don;t see anyone who defended him here. In fact everyone agrees he should be sacked. You REAL problem is that we're not letting you present it as a phenomenon of the congress but as the political class as a whole. You aren't better, deal with it.

I have little respect for people playing either the minority or the majority card. To expect someone like that to set any sort of example as self appointed leaders of such communities is pointless. However as represtantives of the Indian people(that is what an MP is, regardless of what else they might claim) and especially ones who have been given the privilege of being in such committees , they owe an responsibility to the nation. It goes without saying that their behaviour is irresponsible.

That would depend whether you perceive him as such a leader and only such. This was hardly only an individual decision regardless of whether the chairman was the one announcing it. I have little respect for this gentleman as a chairman of this committe but it is not dependent on his religious background, whatever that might be. I hold everyone of the said committee in equal contempt. I didn't see any mention of dissent by any member of the chairman's decision..

Your perception is your own, just as mine is. What we see depends on what glasses we choose to wear. What is obvious to you may not be to me & vice versa, pointless to pretend that we might be on the same page throughout. Sometimes, may not even be the same book.

The national security and similar issues of our country are led by Raj Babbar, Smriti Irani, Shatrugan Sinha, Jayaprada, Sita Mayya, the guy who acted as krishna etc. Guess they think that too is acting only.

You see somebody who was present during the briefing have leaked the details of what happened ....sure this person had no 'guts' to stand up and speak during meeting but had 'courage' to leak news-bite to media ....

Our enemy is not somewhere outside in our neighborhood ...but we are our own worst enemies !!!

when we have such politicians in parliament and cabinet ...we do not need any more enemies ...

Knogress is our biggest enemy. They are anti India.

When someone like Raj Babbar is the chairman of the parliamentary standing committee on defence, you know what kinda people running our Country. Then again.. there isn't much choice in the present govt, I suppose!!

When someone like Raj Babbar is the chairman of the parliamentary standing committee on defence, you know what kinda people running our Country. Then again.. there isn't much choice in the present govt, I suppose!!

Look at there soldiers:
a) Raj Babur:
b) Salman Khursheed and Louise Khursheed
c) Diggy singh
d) Rahul Gandhi
e) MaNAMOhan Singh
and so on... I pity India..

Back
Top Bottom